Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

So My Save Exists... But Doesn't Exist

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By BraveToaster

I was going to buy the throttle components for the rocket an decided to save before I spoke with Old Lady Bishop. I spent all of my caps on the component and I ended up killing the old hag along with her pack of dogs. I went to load up my save so I wouldn't lose my caps and I get this message: 

This save game relies on downloadable content that is no longer available. Continue loading?     

I clicked yes and received another message. 

Storage device unavailable. 

I checked my saves from other games and they're fine, not to mention that the hard drive is built-in.  

Have any of you had this problem?

I could either start a new game or send it back to Gamefly. 

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By FancySoapsMan

uh... which system are you playing on? Sometimes clearing your cache and re-installing updates helps. But I really don't know if that will work.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BraveToaster
    @FancySoapsMan said:
    " uh... which system are you playing on? Sometimes clearing your cache and re-installing updates helps. But I really don't know if that will work. "
    That won't work if the downloaded content is unavailable. I never even bought downloaded content. Re-installing updates won't fix a corrupted file.
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ineedaname

It sounds like you should check the matrix.

Just call me Mr. Helpful.

eristocrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By eristocrat

Before you check your Fallout saves they both exist and don't exist: they are Schrodinger's Saves.

INV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By INV2

Why did you kill Old Lady Bishop?...'cause if you didn't want to pay for it, you could have just went into the garage and stole the Throttle Assembly...I'm guessing the karna loss is way more for killing her.

...aHa...maybe it's karma?

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
    @INV2 said:
    " Why did you kill Old Lady Bishop?...'cause if you didn't want to pay for it, you could have just went into the garage and stole the Throttle Assembly...I'm guessing the karna loss is way more for killing her.  ...aHa...maybe it's karma? "
    That bitch had to die.
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BraveToaster
    @INV2 said:
    " Why did you kill Old Lady Bishop?...'cause if you didn't want to pay for it, you could have just went into the garage and stole the Throttle Assembly...I'm guessing the karna loss is way more for killing her.  ...aHa...maybe it's karma? "
    I was tired of being a good guy and I wanted the experience for killing her and her dogs.
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pinworm45
    Schrödinger's Save   

edit: 

@Eristocrat said: 

" Before you check your Fallout saves they both exist and don't exist: they are Schrodinger's Saves. "

FUCK. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.