6. Lots of intruding quest to do to keep you busy

7. Societies & Factions Territory System

8. Updated Companion Party Members System

9. More balance progression system with traits returning plus new perks

10. The Epic setting of Las Vegas with the gambling aspects on the side 

#2 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@ShinjiEx said:
"  1. Iron sight view"
Its cool for about half an hour. Then you just go back to using VATS.
#3 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

1. Turned it off almost immediately. VATS rules all, but for when you're waiting for your Action Points to restore, the cross-hair is much more useful then the iron sight, I find. 
2. Haven't even looked into modding a gun yet, 12 hours in. 
3. Plasma weapons>anything new they have added, so far. 
4. Turned that off too. Made me jump whenever it happened lulz. 
5. Yeah, I'll give you that.
6. No more than I'd have expected from a Fallout game.
7. Liking it a lot so far.
8. Yet to companion up with anyone.
9. Level 8 and no perks so far have jumped out at me, or noticeably improved my character.
10. Yet to be convinced that it's a better setting than the DC wastelands. I've only gotten just beyond Novac, so can't properly judge it yet, but the main strip looks crazy small from the gameplay videos I've seen.

Didn't mean to shit on your list, just not the top 10 I'd have chosen.

#4 Edited by coaxmetal (1619 posts) -

yo that dude with the spinning head was pretty sick. Also, I probably won't ever play New Vegas, as I played Fallout 3 and it didn't do a whole lot for me. But seriously, good non-crashing bugs are pretty much features.

#5 Posted by Animasta (14692 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
" @ShinjiEx said:
"  1. Iron sight view"
Its cool for about half an hour. Then you just go back to using VATS. "
no way, I use ironsights more than 80% of the time, VATS is just dull and takes way too long.
#6 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Survival mode is the coolest new edition, including how much more interesting the NPCs are. 

Also the idea of factions and the fact that you can disguise yourself as a member of a faction is fucking awesome.
#7 Posted by dillinger (178 posts) -

everything about this game is an improvement over fallout 3.  I don't care about the bad rep it has with bugs on consoles, my PC version is just fine, especially with the two patches they just pushed for it, 17 hours and no crashes, no quest bugs, no abnormalities (at least nothing that wasnt also present in fallout 3, like weird NPC AI)

#8 Posted by gettodachoppa (41 posts) -

Something that I like but hasn't been mentioned much is the change in how [Speech] options work in conversations.  In Fallout 3, you had a percentage chance of success based on your charisma and speech skill.  In this one there's just a base speech skill level you need to reach, above which you will always be successful.  You can always see if there is a speech option, even if you don't have the requisite skill yet.  It seems minor, but it helps knowing that you can put some quests off until your skill is more beefy instead of plowing forward and getting a less than ideal conclusion to the quest.

#9 Edited by selbie (1903 posts) -
@gettodachoppa said:

" Something that I like but hasn't been mentioned much is the change in how [Speech] options work in conversations.  In Fallout 3, you had a percentage chance of success based on your charisma and speech skill.  In this one there's just a base speech skill level you need to reach, above which you will always be successful.  You can always see if there is a speech option, even if you don't have the requisite skill yet.  It seems minor, but it helps knowing that you can put some quests off until your skill is more beefy instead of plowing forward and getting a less than ideal conclusion to the quest. "

This ^^. In F3 I had to quicksave and reload until I got the desired success with speech, but now I can know straight away whether I can access that speech option or not.

Also, 11. the Wild Wasteland trait.
#10 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

1 - 10. Legend of the Star  quest

#11 Edited by me3639 (1760 posts) -

1. Story / Especially NCR vs. Caesar(pronounced Kasar, simply brilliant)
2. Factions
3. Companions
4. Hardcore mode 
5. perks/ achievement system
6. Special recognition to the death claws who are still friggin impossible. 

I have yet to hit the strip and i have completed 20 missions/ and found 50 +locations.

#12 Posted by Brians (1463 posts) -

Factions.

#13 Posted by Faint (833 posts) -

i really dislike the vats system. i get that they are trying to balance fps with rpg with the shooting mechanism, but for example, i started the game, put 3 vats shots on a body part of a target with 90% chance to hit. every shot missed, so i manually shot it twice and killed it myself. it was uneccessary to use vats basically, but then sometimes you NEED to use it. i just cant find the balance with it.

#14 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

I really like the New Ammo types.  It makes combat more interesting.

#15 Posted by tsolless (465 posts) -
@samcotts: Not that it's in any way a real issue, but it would be cool in the future if you would quote the original list if you would respond to it in a similiar list fashion. It makes it a lot easier to follow what you are saying rather than having to scroll up and down from the OP to your post.
#16 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -

1. I'm scared to death of buying it only to waste time and money. 
2. It's been 5 years and the game engine still has major bugs. 
3. My friend can't access his saves anymore...after 16 hours of playtime... 
4. That weird glitch with the head spinning around at the beginning of the game
5. the moonwalking dog  
6. The video with dog who has his eyes on the side of his head should be in the next great Silent Hill game. I don't want the dog in the actual game, just a TV turning on with the New Vegas footage.
7. Obsidian's track record is still abysmal 
8. I STILL hold a grudge over KotoR 2  
9. They let the game ship 
10. Obsidian is probably patting themselves on the back.

#17 Posted by ShinjiEx (625 posts) -
@Doctorchimp: 

KOTOR II is awesome at least on Xbox  not sure about PC

And there are 2 patches addressing major issues for PC and 360 for Fallout NV that are available now!
PS3 patch coming soon
#18 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -
@ShinjiEx:  
KotoR 2 was amazing, and I did play it on my Xbox. 

But the grudge I'm referring to is the ending...or lack thereof. 

I'll wait and see if the update fixes a good amount of the problems, I will grab the game though....I still hold a soft spot for Marcus and Worf...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.