Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout: New Vegas

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

The post-apocalyptic Fallout universe expands into Nevada in this new title in the franchise. As a courier once left for dead by a mysterious man in a striped suit, the player must now set out to find their assailant and uncover the secrets of the enigmatic ruler of New Vegas.

Two games in one

vipersona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vipersona

Expanding on the Bombcast from 2-23.

Would it be the best thing or worst thing ever to have "Fallout 3" and "New Vegas"  work together?

Lets pretend that I could buy "Fallout 3" via XBox games on demand and run "New Vegas" off disc. I would love to have the option to play both pieces of content at once. They said "New Vegas" takes place two years after the prior game. I want to go visit my Tenpenny Tower apartment and loot the now lifeless Lone Wanderer.

FartyMcNarly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By FartyMcNarly

You play as a different character so it wouldn't work fiction wise, and I'm pretty sure there is some kind of restriction for booting one game from a different game's disc to prevent game sharing.

I didn't like fallout 3 that much at all, I'll probably enjoy New Vegas simply because it'll have bright and flashing lights.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @FartyMcNarly said:
    "  I'll probably enjoy New Vegas simply because it'll have bright and flashing lights. "
    Sold me on the game. Gonna reserve as soon as I can. 
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Jeust

I don't think that will happen, as obsidian said that they won't take Fallout 3 as cannon with the other games. So no dice. 

Unless they said anything after, but i don't think they want Bethesda contributions to "their" franchise.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By hatking

I think some sort of reward for having played Fallout 3 would be nice... but I don't think being able to go back and forth between the games is really needed.  Being two years in the future the Capital Wastes would have to either be vastly improved or lifeless depending on your actions in Fallout 3.  That is a lot for them to worry about when they have this entire game here they're making.  If the games took place at the same time and you were the same character then yes that would be an interesting idea, to have your equipment carry over between games.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Scooper

Washington, DC. -- Las Vegas, Nevada: Different places.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DystopiaX

you also can't travel across country. It would be cool if there was a reward for playing through/beating FO3- maybe some armor or a gun or something.

vipersona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vipersona

I didn't think it was possible or would happen. I hope for the FO3 save file reward.

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @Vipersona said:
    " Expanding on the Bombcast from 2-23. Would it be the best thing or worst thing ever to have "Fallout 3" and "New Vegas"  work together? Lets pretend that I could buy "Fallout 3" via XBox games on demand and run "New Vegas" off disc. I would love to have the option to play both pieces of content at once. They said "New Vegas" takes place two years after the prior game. I want to go visit my Tenpenny Tower apartment and loot the now lifeless Lone Wanderer. "
    Tenpenny Tower won't be a possible location to visit. As asserted, the game takes place in and near Vegas. The wasteland is probably 2 billion kilometers away.
    MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By MrSnow

Yeah but it wont happen. :' (

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.