Um, where's the patch to fix the patch?

#1 Posted by bioblood22 (420 posts) -

Did I miss something or did they just forget they have a patch that fucked up a lot of peoples saves? When is the patch to fix the fuck'd patch coming out, or is it out and I am so dumb I missed it somehow? 

#2 Posted by KarlPilkington (2654 posts) -

It was only on 360, and they fixed that pretty quickly.

#3 Posted by bioblood22 (420 posts) -
@Chabbs0: You sure cause the other day I put NV in downloaded a patch or something, and now the game just freezes outta nowhere at random points. All my other games are fine, just NV being well NV. And my NV rarely ever froze until this new update, I played it for 2 hours and it froze 3 times.
#4 Posted by KarlPilkington (2654 posts) -

I'm not sure about that, the saves patch problem was that people couldn't even load up some saves at all.

I am unaware if it created any in-game problems, however this thread says that they fixed the save load problem.

#5 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@bioblood22 said:

@Chabbs0: You sure cause the other day I put NV in downloaded a patch or something, and now the game just freezes outta nowhere at random points. All my other games are fine, just NV being well NV. And my NV rarely ever froze until this new update, I played it for 2 hours and it froze 3 times.

Clear cache. If you play for a wile the game does do that for some reason.  

Or your disk my be damaged. 
#6 Posted by bioblood22 (420 posts) -

Well I never had a problem with my saved games loading but now I got a new problem of my games freezing ever 20 mins outta no where, I noticed once it froze wile I was looking at the lot of someone I'd killed, then the other time I had just shot someone and as it hit them the game froze.

#7 Edited by bioblood22 (420 posts) -

So basically this is where I am ate. I deleted the game title update #5, I am not accepting the update from XBL which means I cannot use my DLC, nor any save I have with them. All new games for me it looks like. 

(edit) Ugh...after reading all the items that were affected in the latest Update, I re-downloaded it. I guess I'll just have to save like every 15 mins or something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.