Went to my first casino with a 10 in Luck.

#1 Posted by Tesla (1944 posts) -

It is impossible to lose in Blackjack.  The slots are somewhat forgiving, roulette sucks though.  But blackjack...oh man.  I was doubling down on my splits, hitting on 17 or 18 with no hesitation, and I just could not lose.  It was a push or loss maybe 4 or 5 times out of roughly 20 hands.  
 
After that, I celebrated by going to the Silver Rush, popped a stealth boy and robbed the place blind.  I kept a few choice items and sold the rest of the stolen goods back to the store.

#2 Posted by ClamFTW (42 posts) -

This is a stark reminder that I need to create a Luck Mule and run him to Vegas for the "Get Your Ass Thrown Out of Many Casinos" achievement

#3 Posted by SpaceDandie (257 posts) -
@ClamFTW said:
" This is a stark reminder that I need to create a Luck Mule and run him to Vegas for the "Get Your Ass Thrown Out of Many Casinos" achievement "
Agreed
#4 Posted by FritzDude (2273 posts) -

First time on a casino i played slots and won like 400 on my first try, and then wasted all on more slot play, yeah... In terms of blackjack, yes, it's the easiest to play in terms of lenght and money earned. Too bad i need to calculate inside of me the outcome because they dont show up as numbers on the screen. I do it fast, but it would be faster if they showed up.

#5 Posted by haggis (1677 posts) -

I busted the casinos easily with my 7 luck character, I think primarily through blackjack. I can't imagine how much easier it would have been with a 10 luck character.

#6 Posted by Tesla (1944 posts) -

This is my first character, so I don't have any frame of reference to say how much easier it is with a 10 luck.  I do know that I busted my first casino (The Tops) in about 10 minutes. 
 
I bet max on every hand, and basically what I do is double down on any hand in the 10-13 range.  90% of the time I do this I get 20 or 21.  Every single time I have double downed on 11 I have gotten 21.  Every single time. 
 
If I don't start with a hand in that 10-13 range, I simply hit until 18.  I lose maybe one hand for every 4 or 5 played.  Easy money.

#7 Posted by sixpin (1309 posts) -

An alternative would be to make a character with a Luck stat at 10 if you don't want to invest too deeply in Luck at first. You can start a character with a rating of 7 then as the game progresses gather the Naughty Nightwear and Lucky shades. That will give you 2 more points in Luck. Then you can either take the Intense Training perk to add another point to Luck or get the Luck Implant. If you have a rating of 6 do all four things and invest those extra 4 points in Intelligence for more skill points when you level. My character's Intelligence is at 8 and with the Educated perk I get 17 skill points per level. 
 
I like to maximize my Fallout character's potential. I always spend a ton of time with the games and rarely have enough time for a second play through. Kind of a bummer I'll have to play the ending multiple times to get all of the achievements, but that's what multiple save slots are for I guess.

#8 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@sixpin said:
" An alternative would be to make a character with a Luck stat at 10 if you don't want to invest too deeply in Luck at first. You can start a character with a rating of 7 then as the game progresses gather the Naughty Nightwear and Lucky shades. That will give you 2 more points in Luck. Then you can either take the Intense Training perk to add another point to Luck or get the Luck Implant. If you have a rating of 6 do all four things and invest those extra 4 points in Intelligence for more skill points when you level. My character's Intelligence is at 8 and with the Educated perk I get 17 skill points per level.  I like to maximize my Fallout character's potential. I always spend a ton of time with the games and rarely have enough time for a second play through. Kind of a bummer I'll have to play the ending multiple times to get all of the achievements, but that's what multiple save slots are for I guess. "
Just wait till they release the DLC to extend the game. Its gonna happen. Cause they said they would NOT in Fallout 3. And guess what they did.
#9 Posted by sixpin (1309 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @sixpin said:
" An alternative would be to make a character with a Luck stat at 10 if you don't want to invest too deeply in Luck at first. You can start a character with a rating of 7 then as the game progresses gather the Naughty Nightwear and Lucky shades. That will give you 2 more points in Luck. Then you can either take the Intense Training perk to add another point to Luck or get the Luck Implant. If you have a rating of 6 do all four things and invest those extra 4 points in Intelligence for more skill points when you level. My character's Intelligence is at 8 and with the Educated perk I get 17 skill points per level.  I like to maximize my Fallout character's potential. I always spend a ton of time with the games and rarely have enough time for a second play through. Kind of a bummer I'll have to play the ending multiple times to get all of the achievements, but that's what multiple save slots are for I guess. "
Just wait till they release the DLC to extend the game. Its gonna happen. Cause they said they would NOT in Fallout 3. And guess what they did. "
Yeah, I agree about the DLC opening up the end game, but I'm not sure that will help with the achievements. They force you to choose sides and then lock you out of certain quests related to reputation for the rest of the game. Normally that isn't a big deal, but then some genius thought that it would be cool if some of the quests you get locked out of are required for unlocking end-of-game achievements. 
 
Seriously, missable and difficulty setting achievements are my two pet peeves on 360. The insanity run in Mass Effect 2 makes me want Hulk out on my living room.
#10 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@sixpin said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @sixpin said:
" An alternative would be to make a character with a Luck stat at 10 if you don't want to invest too deeply in Luck at first. You can start a character with a rating of 7 then as the game progresses gather the Naughty Nightwear and Lucky shades. That will give you 2 more points in Luck. Then you can either take the Intense Training perk to add another point to Luck or get the Luck Implant. If you have a rating of 6 do all four things and invest those extra 4 points in Intelligence for more skill points when you level. My character's Intelligence is at 8 and with the Educated perk I get 17 skill points per level.  I like to maximize my Fallout character's potential. I always spend a ton of time with the games and rarely have enough time for a second play through. Kind of a bummer I'll have to play the ending multiple times to get all of the achievements, but that's what multiple save slots are for I guess. "
Just wait till they release the DLC to extend the game. Its gonna happen. Cause they said they would NOT in Fallout 3. And guess what they did. "
Yeah, I agree about the DLC opening up the end game, but I'm not sure that will help with the achievements. They force you to choose sides and then lock you out of certain quests related to reputation for the rest of the game. Normally that isn't a big deal, but then some genius thought that it would be cool if some of the quests you get locked out of are required for unlocking end-of-game achievements.  Seriously, missable and difficulty setting achievements are my two pet peeves on 360. The insanity run in Mass Effect 2 makes me want Hulk out on my living room. "
You know you can play hardcore on easy mode right? 
#11 Posted by sixpin (1309 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @sixpin said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @sixpin said:
" An alternative would be to make a character with a Luck stat at 10 if you don't want to invest too deeply in Luck at first. You can start a character with a rating of 7 then as the game progresses gather the Naughty Nightwear and Lucky shades. That will give you 2 more points in Luck. Then you can either take the Intense Training perk to add another point to Luck or get the Luck Implant. If you have a rating of 6 do all four things and invest those extra 4 points in Intelligence for more skill points when you level. My character's Intelligence is at 8 and with the Educated perk I get 17 skill points per level.  I like to maximize my Fallout character's potential. I always spend a ton of time with the games and rarely have enough time for a second play through. Kind of a bummer I'll have to play the ending multiple times to get all of the achievements, but that's what multiple save slots are for I guess. "
Just wait till they release the DLC to extend the game. Its gonna happen. Cause they said they would NOT in Fallout 3. And guess what they did. "
Yeah, I agree about the DLC opening up the end game, but I'm not sure that will help with the achievements. They force you to choose sides and then lock you out of certain quests related to reputation for the rest of the game. Normally that isn't a big deal, but then some genius thought that it would be cool if some of the quests you get locked out of are required for unlocking end-of-game achievements.  Seriously, missable and difficulty setting achievements are my two pet peeves on 360. The insanity run in Mass Effect 2 makes me want Hulk out on my living room. "
You know you can play hardcore on easy mode right?  "
Yeah, I know. I kind of combined my rants there. I had been working on S-Ranking ME2 and had both on my mind.
#12 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Was I the only person that didn't see this was for Fallout and thought he was talking about a real occurence? At least until the stealth boy part.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.