Fallout MMO under a year away

#1 Edited by Elbon (393 posts) -
Here how I know and if your wondering how I came to this assumption bioware are doing the same thing link(bottom of the article) for the old republic. Its a good time to live in galway which I do.

Edit: ryanwho is right. may have jump the gun on the fallout mmo, so whats game is it then?
#2 Posted by Marcsman (3351 posts) -

It will fail bigtime. They cannot even make a single player game without a shitload of problems. 
This MMO will be buggier than Florida in July.
#3 Posted by ryanwho (12012 posts) -

I thought Interplay was making an MMO without Bethesda's involvement.

#4 Posted by SoylentGreen (267 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" I thought Interplay was making an MMO without Bethesda's involvement. "
I thought so, too.

Wasn't there a court case or something where Interplay was fighting to keep some rights from Bethesda? What happened to that?
#5 Posted by Suicidal_SNiper (951 posts) -

If it's made by the same team that did fallout then it's going to flop. Bugs at launch quickly kills any MMO and with their track record I have a feeling that's going to be the case. No matter how much innovation and overall awesomeness it may have bugs will kill it.

#6 Posted by Aronman789 (2673 posts) -
@Marcsman said:
" It will fail bigtime. They cannot even make a single player game without a shitload of problems. This MMO will be buggier than Florida in July. "
I happen to live in Florida, and I can support this message.
#7 Edited by melcene (3034 posts) -

Neither of those articles say anything about Fallout or a Fallout related MMO.

#8 Posted by DaemonBlack (354 posts) -
@SoylentGreen said:
" @ryanwho said:
" I thought Interplay was making an MMO without Bethesda's involvement. "
I thought so, too. Wasn't there a court case or something where Interplay was fighting to keep some rights from Bethesda? What happened to that? "
It's still going on as far as I know.  I'm guessing Interplay is continuing development hoping they will win the case. I'm not interested in it at all so I don't really give a rip.
#9 Posted by Mikemcn (7371 posts) -
@Aronman789
@Marcsman said:
" It will fail bigtime. They cannot even make a single player game without a shitload of problems. This MMO will be buggier than Florida in July. "
I happen to live in Florida, and I can support this message.
Guys, this isnt a bethesda or gamebryo game, you don't know what the experience will be like, these guys made FO1 and 2, which worked fine.
#10 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

Any news? Fallout Online sounds like it has some promise if there's a proper developer with funds behind it... Its very quiet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.