Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout Online

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Other than the fact that it was supposed to be an MMO game set in the popular Fallout-universe, very little was known about Fallout Online. It was canceled in January 2012.

What if the Fallout MMO would be real (which it quite looks like)

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Endogene

Bethasda owns the right to make Fallout single player gamer however Interplay kept the right for an eventual Fallout MMO back when they sold Fallout so quite a number of people have been waiting for it the happen for a while now.

Last year Interplay hired Christopher Taylor the creator of the original Fallout spurting rumors of a Fallout MMO even more.

Now just some couple of days ago Interplay announced a new MMO code named "Project V13" V13 being assumed to be short for Vault 13 the nuclear shelter where the original Vault Dweller in Fallout 1 grew up.

No Caption Provided

So let's bullet point that
    • Interplay has the right to make an online game based on the Fallout version, only online.
    • Interplay hired the original creator of Fallout after they could no longer make single player Fallout games.
    • Interplay announced a MMO which code name has most likely something to do with Fallout.

Hmmm..... Could it be? Sure looks like it.

Assuming that a Fallout MMO is indeed in the making how would you like it to be? The most logic thing that comes to mind is it being exactly like Fallout 3 but online. Everything in that game is decided by stats so actual role playing and team tactics would be really interesting.
    Myself I am sort of hoping that it would have turn based combat but in an online environment that might not work out that well. Anyway no mater how they approach the actual game play the world is what it is all about in Fallout and it would lend itself perfectly to an MMO. Users run organizations like in EVE Online fighting for the scraps of recourses left on the wasteland, custom settlements like in Age Of Conan in the middle of the nowhere, faction run towns like in WOW the level of interactivity with the world and its richness could really set it apart from all the other MMOs out there.

Myself I absolutely loathe MMOs but this is a MMO that i would love to see coming out and really invest my time in it.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Scooper

What ever it is I hope they change up the formulae a bit, it's getting a bit stale now to be honest.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Gizmo

I really like the universe and feel of Fallout, but couldn't get into the gameplay. A MMO Fallout would be something I would be interested in.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pause422

If its still happening and were to be done well I would totally welcome it. It better be free monthly though.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Grillbar

wow connect the dots

Cerogravian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Cerogravian

This would be wonderful... There were some rumours, before Van Buren dribbled out and away, but they are definitely working on this now!

Here's to hoping for some beta-invites!

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By aurahack

Wow. I was like "Aw man new Fallout Online" news only to find out a year-old thread was bumped. >>

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
    deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cerogravian said:
    "

This would be wonderful... There were some rumours, before Van Buren dribbled out and away, but they are definitely working on this now!

Here's to hoping for some beta-invites!

"
    why?
    Cerogravian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Cerogravian

Must say I loved that speed.

@aurahack:

Yeah, probably bad choice of thread to post in, but I hadn't seen this page before, and there were news only about one month old, the registration site looked like it was recently fiddled with, so I'm still assuming they're actually working on this...

Hoping...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.