Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout

Franchise »

The Fallout franchise is a post-apocalyptic series of role-playing and tactics games originally developed by Black Isle, and most recently, Bethesda Softworks and Obsidian Entertainment.

Fallout 4 - what do you want to see?

• 52 results
    fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fetchfox

Some Fallout trademark has been registered, and the actor behind three dog tweated something that hints the next Fallout game. Now this is old news, but that's not what this is about. Fallout 4 will have to come sooner or later, so what do you want from the next game in the Fallout series? Changes, additions, locations, enemies, anything you can think of.

New Vegas introduced hardcore mode (needs mode, sleep etc.), so I hope to see that return. But my biggest wish is that they make companions the same way as in New Vegas, and not as Skyrim. F:NV had story arcs for every follower which made them more important to the player and gave them so much more character. In hardcore mode they could even die. Lydia was just a packmule, but Veronica, Raul or anyone ells of the followers NV? They were friends.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Morrow

Totally agree about the follower depth. Second: Less bugs. Haha. No seriously. Other than that, I'll enjoy anything they throw at me, loved Fallout 3 and NV.

One more thing though: A more detailed character editor. Everything else can more or less stay the same :)

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Drebin_893

I don't give a fuck about followers.

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a world that doesn't limit your movement a lot. Moving through a city in Fallout 3 felt to me like going from a narrow metro to a narrow corridor in an alley to a metro and so on. I agree that the wasteland was wide and open, but I just remember getting annoyed by limited movement in a city.

I'm also one of those people that want a huge world to dwell in. I don't care if the story is boring in an open world game, I just want to explore and imagine stories of my own.

FFFFFFF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FFFFFFF

1: Be more like NV instead of FO3. A bigger emphasis on your setting making sense rather than just being an atmospheric backdrop for the story you want to tell. The story doesn't have to be amazing, but the world needs to make some kind of sense. For example: find out who wrote the little lamplight section of Fallout 3 and cut off their hands so that they can never do it again.

2: Don't come out on the current generation of consoles. If this game came out on the 360 I would be disappointed that they were still holding themselves back. A lot of games work perfectly with what we have, but Bethesda games want to do too much for current machines and every version would suffer for it.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah improving the followers would be cool. I loved using a mod in NV that lets you have unlimited followers. It's great, I had a massive gang following me around the wasteland, fucking everything up.

Kidable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Make deaths a bit more...punctuated, I guess is the word. Like make it a whole event. When someone dies, all that happens really is their model turns into a rag doll and falls in an awkward way. Which I guess you could say "Oh, but, it's supposed to be dark and gritty and realistic and stuff", but I dunno. Everytime a major character died it was just like...a shrug and go "welp".

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#8  Edited By BeachThunder

Isometry :P

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I don't know, I kind of liked the first 2, because they were very hard topics. And felt more serious, but again now that I wright that im just flashing back to the Scientology cult run by the (not) Tom Cruse. So I dont even really know.

Gravier251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Main thing I would want is for Obsidian to handle all the writing and characters really. Other than that unrealistic wish I would like hardcore mode to be expanded upon and return. Also I hope that if the gameplay/RPG systems remain the same then they will take note of the various ways Obsidian fixed them; Make perks a bit more meaningful every couple of levels, provide avenues for players to wear different categories of armour and be viable. Also make power armour a lot more rare, etc.

I really hated becoming a walking demi-god with the wasteland littered with Tesla power armour in the late game of fallout 3. I much preferred the feel in New Vegas of having to scavenge more. I never even got power armour training in New Vegas, I just stuck to light armour.

Main thing though really is the writing. I just don't really have much faith in Bethesda being able to handle that very well. I hope that I am proven wrong on that. Fallout 3 just seemed a bit too black and white to me. It was too much "righteous brotherhood paladins vs. evil enclave" for me.

When they announced Broken Steel I was pretty excited that by the name perhaps they could explore a conflict between the true brotherhood (with the outcasts in fallout 3) and the splinter group that is counter to their orders' practices and occupying the pentagon. Instead all it did was insult people over the Fawkes thing, add some game breaking perks and throw in yet more evil enclave with a giant space laser.

Anyway, I just really hope they take some ideas from New Vegas and don't just ignore it. Failing that though I suppose there is always hope that Obsidian get to make their Fallout: Los Angeles idea a reality using the engine from 4.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Fallout 3 world designers with the New Vegas story writers but with bit more of a serious tone.

I want a vehicles scattered around the wasteland with limited fuel so they can only go so far, that can be refilled with fuel packs.

Would love a Los Angeles\San Francisco world map.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thing is, I have seen a lot of the desert waste land. I kind of want to see more of the other parts of the world. I realize that the idea is that the world is a "wasteland" but it would be cool to visit some other country, or another place where there is nuclear winter, or perpetually falling dust. They played with this idea in a couple small areas in the new fallouts, but it would be nice to have a more rounded Fallout, or at least one with a more colorful pallet. The first 2 Fallouts had rich pallets, even being set mostly in the desert. the Yellow, and Blue suit contrasted nicely against the brown ground.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#13  Edited By Humanity

I wish it was more like Fallout 2 and less like Obivion/Morrowind/Skyrim.

Fleshed out characters, great dialog, a believable world that doesn't look like it just rolled off the assembly line.

I'm a grumpy old man when it comes to Fallout though so what I want is not necessarily what modern day Fallout fans want. In a way, I can almost understand where DMC fans are coming from regarding DmC.. almost.

madpierrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Less buggy and have the systems in the game make a bit more sense. I freaking hated to see "you gained karma" after killing a slaver, than a second later "you lost karma" after I took a coin from him. That was dumb. Just super general stuff of what I liked from Fallout 3 and NV: The story, weapons, followers, the way skills worked themselves into the game and ending of NV. The side missions, pacing / flow and atmosphere of 3.

For me personally just a combination of that with an engine that can actually handle it and I'll be really happy. The original Fallout for the PC is my favorite game of all time so if they can somehow work in more call backs or references to it, that would be a great added bonus.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetchfox said:

Lydia was just a packmule

That made me chuckle

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ares42

Having played quite a lot of both Fallout 3 and Skyrim I think the one overbearing thing that would absolutely make the games way better would be a rework of their conversation system. I have no idea what they should do, but it needs changing. For a game that is so much about talking to people it's almost criminal how poorly it's presented.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By icicle7x3

Ron Perlman

War never changes.

After that, I'm good.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@ares42 said:

Having played quite a lot of both Fallout 3 and Skyrim I think the one overbearing thing that would absolutely make the games way better would be a rework of their conversation system. I have no idea what they should do, but it needs changing. For a game that is so much about talking to people it's almost criminal how poorly it's presented.

Yeah I wish the Karma system was an invisible system that wasn't always in your face and the choices weren't always so obvious.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let Obsidian develop this one ´from the get go. That is all I am asking for...

Caustic_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Caustic_Fox

First of all, Bethesda has had a long track record of releasing games that in a lot of cases have game-breaking bugs. Does anyone remember the problem FO:NV had in its beginning with the game running like shit? Turns out, you had to download a single modified file to fix this. Skyrim was even worse. But thats a different topic. Case in point: Bethesda test your shit out before releasing it.

The only other thing that comes to mind is to keep the story idea fresh like it was in FO:NV.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

First of all, Bethesda has had a long track record of releasing games that in a lot of cases have game-breaking bugs. Does anyone remember the problem FO:NV had in its beginning with the game running like shit? Turns out, you had to download a single modified file to fix this. Skyrim was even worse. But thats a different topic. Case in point: Bethesda test your shit out before releasing it.

The only other thing that comes to mind is to keep the story idea fresh like it was in FO:NV.

New Vegas was buggy as, I lost 7 hours on my save file because I wore a buggy hat!

Avatar image for posttimeskipsam
    posttimeskipsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I doubt this will happen, but I really hope it'll play similar to Far Cry 3.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it may be a bit weird but i just really want obsidian to be able to get to do a follow up set in the west. i feel like they understand the tone/humor of fallout a little bit more.

but i guess for fallout 4 it would be a slightly overhauled perk system and more dialogue choices that matter (including speech/medicine/science/ whatever checks)

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Stick it on the Skyrim-engine, get the Obsidian writers to handle the story and hire those guys who make the Unofficial Patches for the Elder Scrolls games to handle QA. Blap, Game of the Year.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better combat and more interesting AI. I would say the same thing for the next proper Elder Scrolls game.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Something that engages more than my inner completionist.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Same thing I've wanted for every Bethesda game since Morrowind, a story that isn't terrible.

Or just get Obsidian to make it.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

• More environmental variety.
    • Factions were dumb.
    • More cults/cult leaders.
    JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

A varied environment. More RPG systems (that'll never happen though).

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By monetarydread

All I want to see is Bethesda either remove or fix their broken auto-leveling mechanics. I did not enjoy playing Skyrim and fighting an ice mage at the end of every dungeon, just because I was carrying sword and shield.

A good example of things that I am talking about is New Vegas. In the first town the villagers said to avoid the road north because the monsters are too difficult for you to handle right now, and they really are too difficult. I feel that in Skyrim / Fallout 3, those enemies would be perfectly tuned to your level so the player does not fear adventuring. I feel that removing fear from parts of the world makes the world bland because you know, that no matter what, you can handle the problem.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

The Fallout 3 world designers with the New Vegas story writers but with bit more of a serious tone.

Dude, whaaaaaat? Aren't there enough deadly serious games nowadays? One of the best things about the early Fallout games was their dark humor and I want more of that, not less.

Also, an isometric view and environments with less gray and brown color platelets.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

I'll take anything that is even remotely similar to 'Fallout' at this point. I've really enjoyed Fallout 3 and New Vegas and I've played through them both countless times - I think I've finally squeezed the last out of those two games (played New Vegas today).

Can't wait for more news on the next one!

FFFFFFF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monetarydread: Totally agree. I really dislike level scaling . At least it wasn't as bad as it was in oblivion, but it is still a mechanic that damages the sense of accomplishment and weakens RPG elements.

The case they make is that, it is open world and they can't control where the player might go, but I think it's okay to kick the players ass if they wander into a place that's too tough for them. It makes it that much better when you get stronger and go back to that place and clear it. Or when you finish it at your low level anyway because you're really good. Instead it's like there is this fear that if you punish the player for even a second, they will just abandon the game rather than see it as a challenge.

Some games use it more effectively, but scaling is better not used at all. Feeling weak is an important part of a game where you want the player to (eventually) feel strong.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A higher cap level. 20 is too low

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

• Seamless world without loading screens
    • Fully fleshed out FPS gunplay
    • Vehicles
    • Even balancing without ludicrous difficulty spikes
    • Improved production values throughout
    MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#36  Edited By MightyDuck

Too be honest, I'm not sure what I want from a Fallout game anymore.

I LOVED Fallout 3. I played it for quite a while and bought two of the DLC's as well. This led me to being super excited for New Vegas. However, I made it through about 10 hours of New Vegas and did not want to play anymore. It didn't hold my interest at all.

Here's hoping FO4 regains whatever it was that NV was missing.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to be able to play the entire game co-op with a friend. That's what I want. Fuck you all if you don't want it. I want it. Play it alone if that's how you prefer to play. I'd rather have a friend playing with me than a stupid fucking AI.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepickle: What did you dislike about the faction stuff? Not criticizing, I just want to understand. It was one of my favorite aspects of New Vegas and the biggest thing missing from Skyrim for me (Civil War quest line notwithstanding).

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JohnLocke

Maybe take some of the character and story beats from Fallout New Vegas and add them to the Fallout 3 gameplay and I would be happy. Perhaps make it feel more realistic in terms of becoming known as a player etc (I think it may have been mentioned on the Bombcast with Skyrim, a point which I agree with looking back, that you can do all this major stuff in the world and characters will treat you like they don't have any idea who you are which kind of removes you from the game at times). However one thing I do not want to see from New Vegas is the hit squads/difficulty spikes. I really did not get on with New Vegas as I felt like early game quests required super high skill levels and then you would go to the next mission/quest and find you had totally invested in the wrong thing as that needed points that were on different skills (which would not be bad if it wasn't for if you kill the enemies in an area they generally didn't seem to respawn and thus you can not even grind up to get the points needed). However, that may have been due to me annoying the Ceasers Legion early on by killing the guy in the lottery town and thus the hitsquad was on me as soon as I crossed the border which made that game incredibly hard at that point for me.

Also, two side things, have a robot sheriff and super mutant as companions would be totally awesome.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By ArtisanBreads

The next thing that needs to come to Bethesda's open world games is just a more organic and reactive feel to everything moment to moment. As open as it is, it all still feels very "gamey", the systems are very bare and obvious while you are playing.

It's like how in Skyrim when a dragon attacks and murders a few people and then you kill it and absorb it's soul... well right after it's like nothing has changed and everyone goes about their business. Let me and the things going on in the world leave more of a mark on the NPCs and the environments themselves.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By monetarydread

@cheh said:

@monetarydread:

Totally agree. I really dislike level scaling . At least it wasn't as bad as it was in oblivion, but it is still a mechanic that damages the sense of accomplishment and weakens RPG elements.

The case they make is that, it is open world and they can't control where the player might go, but I think it's okay to kick the players ass if they wander into a place that's too tough for them. It makes it that much better when you get stronger and go back to that place and clear it. Or when you finish it at your low level anyway because you're really good. Instead it's like there is this fear that if you punish the player for even a second, they will just abandon the game rather than see it as a challenge.

Some games use it more effectively, but scaling is better not used at all. Feeling weak is an important part of a game where you want the player to (eventually) feel strong.

You described things better than I could. That is exactly how I feel.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bourbon_warrior said:

Dude, whaaaaaat? Aren't there enough deadly serious games nowadays? One of the best things about the early Fallout games was their dark humor and I want more of that, not less.

Also, an isometric view and environments with less gray and brown color platelets.

It just seemed every person in New Vegas was crazy, there were no grounded people to compare the crazy people to.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better interior level design and a map that is useful.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#44  Edited By DarthOrange

Super Hardcore mode. I felt Hardcore mode in New Vegas was too easy. Force me to stick in each area for a while due to scarce resources. Give bullets even more weight. When I want to move from one city to another make it feel like a dangerous journey. Also less bugs.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I want to move from one city to another make it feel like a dangerous journey. Also less bugs.

Yeah. My favorite experience in Fallout 3 was my first venture out of the vault. I went the opposite direction game suggests you go at that point. I distinctly recall being chased by a super mutant with my health at only a couple HP remaining, a plank of wood with a nail through it the only weapon I had at the time. :D

D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#

Hmm lets see these were a mixture of critiques I had of both Fallout games mixed together that I would want to see improved or reinstated.

-Not a fan of the faction system, with the exception of the endgame decisions didn't seem too deep just decided who wanted to kill you.

-More varied environments, as people have said it is a wasteland yes but maybe at lease get some different landscapes like mountain ranges or interesting interior spaces.

-Better radio host than Mr. New Vegas, dude had like no personality. Hope Three Dog returns.

-Make companions stories more interesting. Was done to some extent in New Vegas but only cared about a few of them. Maybe it was just me but they also seemed super fragile, to the point where I left them all behind in hardcore.

-More awesome vaults.

-Ignore people saying make this shit more serious, Fallout humour is super charming don't change it.

-More eastern setting, liked the talk of going to the commonwealth or in my dreams Ronto which would be incredible.

-Personally preferred the story of 3 over New Vegas liked the idea of helping a small area improve their lives etc. New Vegas while a fun setting I didn't really care who ran the place, seemed sort of a shit turnout no matter what you did.

-Less bug enemies (fuck that shit NV) more super mutants (F3!!!)

-More awesome landmarks (walking into New Vegas didn't ring as amazing as walking into DC first time)

That's all for now folks.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#47  Edited By leebmx

NEW ENGINE!!!! PLEASE!!!

After that I would like the Obsidian folks to stay on writing duties (although) this doesn't sound like it will happen. As much as I loved F3 I thought the writing was way better and the characters more interesting in F:NV

No level scaling. If this can be done properly so the game doesn't become a cake-walk it makes it very fullfilling when you can go back to a horde of super-mutants who kicked your arse and rout them.

No loading between indoors and out (with next-gen we can surely accomplish this)

Some big part of the map a city which is fully explorable, with no loading, with lots of ruined buildings to explore. One of the ways F3 bested NV was in the scope of the city, even if F3's was very closed off in parts. Would like to see San Fran, or LA explored, or maybe Seattle - something West Coast anyway.

Proper crowds of people where appropriate. One of the things which killed immersion for me in F:NV was going into casinos and having them look like a wet weekend in Blackpool, and the ending, which was supposed to be some big battle, looking like a scout meeting. Please get some Assassin's creed tech in there or something.

A good hardcore mode, which balances realistic survival with being able to play the game enjoyably. I didn't try it last time but feel I will this time if it looks do-able.

Proper concentration of story, dialogue, character and role-playing abilities over first-person shooting or anything like that.

Lastly - I would like the game in shops this week, failing that I would like it for new consoles as well. Love to see what the PS4 can do to my favourite gaming world.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By reisz

Inverse kinematics and a Run animation that looks natural travelling in more than two directions

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much like Fallout 2 as possible.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godlyawesomeguy said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

It just seemed every person in New Vegas was crazy, there were no grounded people to compare the crazy people to.

Followers of the Apocalypse

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.