Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout

Franchise »

The Fallout franchise is a post-apocalyptic series of role-playing and tactics games originally developed by Black Isle, and most recently, Bethesda Softworks and Obsidian Entertainment.

Watch "The Atomic Cafe" if you like the Cold-War vibe in Fallout

Grimhild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Grimhild

Just putting this out there for those that may have not seen it and might enjoy it, because it's back on Netflix View Instant right now.

"The Atomic Cafe" is a fantastic documentary about the rise of the Atomic Age, comprised from many sources of that era. There's no host or narrator, except for what was used in the original footage. It's a great glimpse into the general absurdity during that time in history, with the sense of children playing with nuclear fire. The humor within is not unlike that in Fallout; the odd dichotomy of imminent annihilation and a suger-coated post WW2 idealism.

Where ever you stand on the issue of splitting the atom, I hope you find it enlightening.

HarlechQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By HarlechQuinn

Remember seeing this in the television at some point in television in the late 80s, early 90s. I remember it being pretty awesome... Should check if I can buy a DVD somewhere, no Netflix for Germans :/

Thanks for the reminder on this documentary!

Edit: Okay, I was able to order a R1 DVD from an American Marketplace Seller via Amazon.co.uk... Awesome, can't wait for this DVD to arrive...

adambyrney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By adambyrney
    Grimhild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Grimhild

@adambyrney:

Sweet, there you have it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.