Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout

Franchise »

The Fallout franchise is a post-apocalyptic series of role-playing and tactics games originally developed by Black Isle, and most recently, Bethesda Softworks and Obsidian Entertainment.

When do you think Fallout 4 will come out?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

I love fallout, started with fallout 3 and went back to Fallout 1 and 2, I was wondering how long it will be before fallout 4 is announced, gets info and then is on store shelves. When do you think it will happen and who do you think will develop it?

Xdsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Xdsk

I would say last quarter next year, developed by Obsidian. As i imagine Bethesda`s development team would have been too busy with Skyrim.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By AlexanderSheen

I think Bethesda gonna take a break after Skyrim, and they gonna come back with Fallout 4 a couple years later. Basicly: Oblivion => Fallout 3.

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By NinjaHunter

It will probably be announced late next year or at E3 2012. I wouldn't expect it to come out till around holiday 2013. I also think Bethesda would be the ones to do it as I don't think they would have another studio make a numbered game in the franchise.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SlasherMan

I'm hoping not for a while.

Truth be told, I'm currently a bit burnt out on Fallout, even though I haven't even finished NV despite spending hours upon hours playing it and just fooling around with side quests, exploration and of course mods. That's always what gets me with these games, I never finish them because I get sidetracked and grow tired of them before I get the chance to see the endings.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By MooseyMcMan  Online

I'm thinking it's not going to be until the PS4 and Xbox 720. A year after those are out is my guess (so it's gonna be a while).

Avatar image for crabs_on_the_beach
    Crabs_on_the_beach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SlasherMan : I'm in the same boat, but I do have strong feeling late 2013 would be the date I just hope that the setting/ environment is diverse enough to keep me going through it because brown is boring.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By probablytuna

I haven't even finished Fallout 3, let alone New Vegas, so I hope it's not for a couple of years. Maybe use id Tech 5? :P

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

Hopefully next gen for Fallout 4. They still really need to make an engine that doesn't shit out every couple of seconds so I really hope they take their time with the next one.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By fjordson

I think we'll see it coincide with the next generation of consoles. It'll be to them what Oblivion was to the 360. Maybe holiday 2013 if a new system is out by then. Can't come soon enough. Loved 3 and New Vegas. So glad they sold well. It's nice to have the Fallout universe alive and kickin'.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@__Ab4iFuRu18__ said:

@SlasherMan : I'm in the same boat, but I do have strong feeling late 2013 would be the date I just hope that the setting/ environment is diverse enough to keep me going through it because brown is boring.

I really hope they don't change the universe too much, I love the survival aspects of Fallout.

@SlasherMan said:

I'm hoping not for a while.

Truth be told, I'm currently a bit burnt out on Fallout, even though I haven't even finished NV despite spending hours upon hours playing it and just fooling around with side quests, exploration and of course mods. That's always what gets me with these games, I never finish them because I get sidetracked and grow tired of them before I get the chance to see the endings.

That's why I mainly do the story first then go to side quests. I stopped playing Fallout 3 but I've finished nearly everything besides DLC, still it feels wrong going to NV without doing everything in 3. What do you guys think?

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#12  Edited By Soap

I'm hoping it takes a little break, and also that when it comes back it gets given to a games design studio, rather than obsidian.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By alexl86

Let's see, it was around 2,5 years between Oblivion and Fallout 3, then 3 years from Fallout to Skyrim, with a quasi-sequel in the form of New Vegas 2 years after 3.

I think Obsidian stated a while back that they didn't like working with Bethesda's engine, but if Skyrim has a new engine... I don't think Obsidian will make Fallout 4 anyway. I think Todd Howard's team will start working on Fallout 4 after they're "done" with Skyrim.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@Soap said:

I'm hoping it takes a little break, and also that when it comes back it gets given to a games design studio, rather than obsidian.

Not Bethesda?

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

What if someone re-created Black Isles with the original team, and then they make Fallout 4 using the Skyrim engine, the game will feature an isometric view and Bethesda will of course give the IP up for free.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

What if someone re-created Black Isles with the original team, and then they make Fallout 4 using the Skyrim engine, the game will feature an isometric view and Bethesda will of course give the IP up for free.

No, not an isometric view!

Kasswara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kasswara

The way I see it, not before 2013.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mandude

I'm a bit worried about Fallout 4. New Vegas set the writing standard for Fallout, and I'm not sure Bethesda are able to compete, in my opinion anyway.

guyver0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By guyver0

I'm hoping next year, or early 2013. Looking at Skyrim just gets me super excited for Fallout 4.

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ImpendingFoil

Around launch for the next round of systems.

Khadyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Khadyn

I would love to see Fallout 4 be a launch title for both new consoles...that would be EPIC and one seriously fucked up console war. Honestly, I do agree it probably won't be out til the newer consoles are announced (mid-late 2013 for game release).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.