Anyone else download from GOG?

#1 Edited by Kyle (2323 posts) -

I recently picked this up off of gog.com, and obviously it's great. Just wanted to know if anyone else did the same and let people know if they haven't heard.

Wanted to do my part to spread the word about GOG.com (Good Old Games . . . . uh, . . . .com) 'cause I think what they've got going is really awesome and I really hope it takes off even more.

So if you don't know, and you're lookin' to play Fallout 1 or 2, they're available to download DRM-free and XP/Vista compatible for six bucks. That's amazing! If ya ask me, we gotta go show those guys some support.

And it comes with the soundtrack and other assorted Fallout images and other madness. I mean, what the hell? That's like the greatest thing I've ever heard.

#2 Posted by MisterSpiffy (880 posts) -

Yeah, and the price is great.  I was in the beta before, but my code got lost in my junk mail. :|  Luckily, their open beta is up now, so I'll probably pick up Fallout 1 & 2 sooner or later.

#3 Posted by The_Dude (798 posts) -

Have not yet because I have to many games I am playing right now, but I have every intention of picking up Fallout, and Fallout 2 from GoG.

#4 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -

Yep.

#5 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

good hit there dude- just grabbed fallout 2 :D

Nice find amigo!! 
#6 Posted by sketch (194 posts) -

I got MDK, that game was/is awesome

#7 Posted by MattyFTM (14395 posts) -

Not yet. I've got to many good new games to play at the moment. During next years gaming drought I'll be getting some good use out of it though.

Moderator Online
#8 Posted by Pazy (2587 posts) -

I been waiting for Gog to enter open beta and bought Fallout as soon as I could. Ive never played it before but I heard a shitload of good stuff about it and I love it! Ive only just started though, but ive managed to get over what I thought would be the biggest hump which is basically the fact its over ten years old and the interface and such would be hard to get used to but its been no problem.

Gog.com is awesome! Everything work exactly as they said, the installer just worked and I was playing the game without any extra settings or compatability issues with XP. And for £3.60? ($5.99) its a steal! Im going to be spreading the word of Gog to anyone I can plus im going to be giving them loads of money for all there various games lol

#9 Posted by Froghourt (109 posts) -

I did, even though I don't actually have the time to play them.

#10 Posted by MisterSpiffy (880 posts) -

Finally decided to pick up Fallout 1 today.  I played Fallout 3 at my cousin's house last night, and loved it, so I want to play through the first new before I move on to the newest title.

#11 Posted by Captain_Fookup (1519 posts) -
MisterSpiffy said:
"Finally decided to pick up Fallout 1 today.  I played Fallout 3 at my cousin's house last night, and loved it, so I want to play through the first new before I move on to the newest title.
"
Hopefully you pick up Fallout 2 as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.