Fallout free for next 48 hours. GOG.com

• 68 results
#51 Posted by ExplodeMode (852 posts) -
@AlexW00d: GoG is awesome and you are awesome for reminding us.
#52 Posted by CookieMonster (2416 posts) -

I'm pieing that off. Doesn't work on mac.

#53 Posted by Village_Guy (2543 posts) -

Oh man, thanks for the heads up, I never played the original Fallout and no I got a good excuse to get on it.

#54 Posted by DeF (4852 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

@LordAndrew said:

Weird. Apparently I never signed up. But someone has registered with the name I wanted, so I guess I'm stuck with my secondary username. :(

LadyAndrew?

tada pssssshhhh!!

#55 Posted by Humanity (9025 posts) -

Played the game to death back in 1997. When I heard about this what did I do? Made an account, got the game and played up until the radscorpion caves. Man I love Fallout.

#56 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

@Marz said:

had already bought it, but it's a cool gesture by GOG.
#57 Posted by Zor (654 posts) -

@AlexW00d: Thanks for letting us know about this.

#58 Posted by Ducksworth (660 posts) -

I feel like a bad person for only using GOG for freebies. I'd like to buy something to show them my thanks but they don't seem to have Lucas Arts games, not a huge huge fan of old RPG's and already own a lot of the things they have on there that I like. If their servers weren't experiencing such heavy loads then I would give their library a comb over.

#59 Posted by DarkFury (369 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up. This is what finally got me to set up an account on GOG.

#60 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

Don't mind if I do.

#61 Posted by MrMazz (945 posts) -

Is this come with the patch that stops the countdown clock from happening? Or do I still need to get the patch? downloading now

#62 Posted by jakob187 (21662 posts) -

Not only is there literally no excuse to not own the game now, but there's literally no reason PC players shouldn't have a GOG account. It's free, it's DRM free, and it's one of the best services I've ever used.

#63 Posted by amir90 (2154 posts) -

Just got it, trying to spread the word around :)

#64 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7614 posts) -

@MrMazz said:

Is this come with the patch that stops the countdown clock from happening? Or do I still need to get the patch? downloading now

It's supposed to be played with the clock, I wouldn't patch it out. It doesn't force you to stop playing anyway, it only affects the main story.. and there are ways to get more time.

#65 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11594 posts) -

@MrMazz said:

All games on GOG come with the latest official patch. If you check their forums, there are also links to unofficial patches and widescreen mods.

#66 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Waiting for iPad version.

#67 Posted by Capum15 (4859 posts) -

Cool, grabbed it. Always wondered what the original was like, and now I have no excuse.

#68 Posted by Railer (101 posts) -

I have this on disc in some closet somewhere, but will of course pick it up on GOG now when it's free.

#69 Posted by corruptsaves (214 posts) -

@AlexW00d: Thanks for the heads up. Feels like I haven't played a PC game in ages due to having an old laptop but I'm loving Fallout now. Cheers!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.