Join in me in laughing at this player's pain

#1 Posted by Kierkegaard (579 posts) -

After reading Alex's review, I wanted to see this game for myself. Off I went to youtube for the first let's play I saw. In this first ten minutes, we learn the narrator is deeply excited for this game, he unironically calls the first level (where you shoot frat boys with a laser gun) "epic," and begins to feel the seems of excitement unraveling. Join me won't you?

#2 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4330 posts) -

No because giving him more views will kill me inside.

#3 Posted by Hailinel (23889 posts) -

I still can't believe Alex actually went to the trouble (and agony) to review this. My god.

#4 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

@Hailinel: I don't think anything could be worse than Alex being forced to review Big Rigs : Over the Road Racing

#5 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

1 minute 30 seconds, I'm tapping out.

#6 Posted by Kierkegaard (579 posts) -

@jonnyboy said:

I think I watched too much.... I'm beginning to wish I felt the kind of enthusiasm this guy feels for this shitty game for anything in my life. His douchy positivity is astounding.

#7 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -

@Kierkegaard said:

@jonnyboy said:

I think I watched too much.... I'm beginning to wish I felt the kind of enthusiasm this guy feels for this shitty game for anything in my life. His douchy positivity is astounding.

I know I watched too much when I hear stuff like "Is there going to be blood in this THAT'S AWESOME!".

#8 Posted by Serpentenema (216 posts) -

@ShiftyMagician said:

@Kierkegaard said:

@jonnyboy said:

I know I watched too much when I hear stuff like "Is there going to be blood in this THAT'S AWESOME!".

The part where he got excited for the idea of picking up nudes.

#9 Posted by Kierkegaard (579 posts) -

@ShiftyMagician said:

@Kierkegaard said:

@jonnyboy said:

And I have a problem, "To the facing is occurring quite a bit right now and it's pretty elite" (video 4).

#10 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1384 posts) -

Wow, I did not expect this to be so bad and flat. Worse even is the narrator showing some enthusiasm. Alex should review him.

#11 Edited by ds8k (412 posts) -

Is this the Call of Duty crowd?

My only issue is there's a lot of context

What?

#12 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5103 posts) -

The characters look so fucking weird.

#13 Posted by Milkman (16526 posts) -

"Tag team wrestling?! That is awesome. Absolutely awesome."

Why the fuck is that awesome?!?

#14 Posted by Kierkegaard (579 posts) -

Just FYI: the third level where Stewie and Brian are literally shooting "cripples" who use AKs as crutches gives our brave narrator pause... for like 10 seconds, but then he notes that the comatose wheelchair suicide bomber blowing up is quite "elite" indeed.

Only took till the fifth video (or about 45 minutes) for me to see exactly where the game becomes untenable. I need to stop now.

#15 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2990 posts) -

I want them to quicklook this game, I love to watch them play horrible games, it's like the MST3K of video games. (look it up kids)

#16 Posted by Milkman (16526 posts) -

"My only issue is that the game has a lot of context."

I have no idea what you're trying to say but I don't think that word means what you think it means.

#17 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

Wait. Is he serious?

#18 Posted by Milkman (16526 posts) -

@VisariLoyalist said:

I want them to quicklook this game, I love to watch them play horrible games, it's like the MST3K of video games. (look it up kids)

Alex said on Twitter today that when he's in San Fran next week, him and Jeff are gonna do a Quick Look.

#19 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5103 posts) -

@Milkman said:

@VisariLoyalist said:

Alex said on Twitter today that when he's in San Fran next week, him and Jeff are gonna do a Quick Look.

That requires Jeff to say yes though.

#20 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

The guy playing is almost as bad as the game.

#21 Posted by Wampa1 (626 posts) -

@Milkman: Cause Road Dogg and X-Pac y'all! Yeah.. no this doesn't make sense.

#22 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@Milkman said:

@VisariLoyalist said:

I bet Jeff will be up for it.

#23 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5103 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@Milkman said:

@VisariLoyalist said:

I bet Jeff will be up for it.

You're not wrong.

#24 Posted by Inkerman (1449 posts) -

@Milkman said:

"Tag team wrestling?! That is awesome. Absolutely awesome."

Why the fuck is that awesome?!?

That's the point I tapped out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.