Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fantasy Life

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Dec 27, 2012

A sim-RPG from Level-5 and Brownie Brown that concentrates on everyday life in a fantasy world. NOTE: This is not the version released in the West.

Brownie Brown & Level 5 Create "Fantasy Life" For Nintendo DS

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

FANTASY LIFE

Level 5 have announced " Fantasy Life" for Nintendo DS, this title brings a tri-force of RPG greats working together on what is being described as a "slow-life RPG"  Level 5, the producers of games like Layton and Inazuma Eleven, and Brownie Brown, the makers of Nintendo's Mother 3, join forces with the great Final Fantasy composer Nobuo Uematsu on this new DS title.

Fantasy Life is set in the world of Fantazeal, which is marked by a moon, known by the people of the world as Mars, that floats in the sky. A prophet once warned that the destruction of the world would come when a shadow comes to pass over Mars. First signs of the prophesied destruction become apparent, but the people of the Fantazeal continue to lead their free, peaceful lives apparently unaware 

According to Level-5, Fantasy Life allows players to experience life in a world contained within the DS. The focus of the game isn't on combat, like one would expect of an RPG, but on simply living as you please. 

You start the game off by creating your own avatar, going through a character create process which lets you set name, gender, physical appearance, and "Life," the latter being the game's name for your in-game job. Your choice of one of the game's 20 life's affects how the game plays out for you. Each type of life requires that players undertake certain so-called "Life Quests," which are quests that must be cleared daily. Once you've progressed through the game as one of these life's, you'll end up seeing what Level-5 refers to as a "small ending." The composer Nobuo Uematsu created the "Life Songs" which serve as ending themes for each of the life's. Together with the main theme, also from Uematsu, the game includes 21 vocal songs. 

Thanks to andriasang 

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ

Looking at it, I'm not shocked that its by the Mother 3 group

monster9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By monster9999

Kinda looks like little kings story?

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By Icemael

I read about this earlier. Seems really neat, and the graphics are absolutely endearing.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Lashe

Nobuo Uematsu? Sold, even if its just to have a DS in my pocked and headphones on. 

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Emilio

Oh, now it makes sense! I saw this earlier and wondered why the artwork looked so familiar. Love Brownie Brown!

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By oldschool
    @monster9999 said:
    " Kinda looks like little kings story? "
    More of an emphasis to Harvest Moon as I see it. 

This looks like a winner.  Just my kind of game, so I look forward to the end product.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ryanwho

More communism propaganda if you ask me.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks

It sounds like a perfect collaboration, and I love this colourful artstyle.. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Axersia
    @oldschool said:

" @monster9999 said:

More of an emphasis to Harvest Moon as I see it.  This looks like a winner.  Just my kind of game, so I look forward to the end product. "
    In the end it's probably still a fully-featured RPG though, with turn-based battle system and everything (at least for those who want to use it). If it really was solely a Harvest Moon/Animal Crossing-style life-sim they probably would've announced it as being an SLG (SimuLation Game) instead.

It took them so long to say anything about Ni no Kuni's battle system that I thought it would be an adventure game, but they also released new screenshots and had a playable demo at this "Level-5 Vision" event of theirs, and it turns out it employs a very simple DQ-style battle system.

Regardless of what the end product will be, I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for this.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrKlorox

Nice. Harvest Moon sans farm is the perfect 2D game style for Brownie Brown to do next.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Axersia said:
    " @oldschool said:

" @monster9999 said:

More of an emphasis to Harvest Moon as I see it.  This looks like a winner.  Just my kind of game, so I look forward to the end product. "
    In the end it's probably still a fully-featured RPG though, with turn-based battle system and everything (at least for those who want to use it). If it really was solely a Harvest Moon/Animal Crossing-style life-sim they probably would've announced it as being an SLG (SimuLation Game) instead.  It took them so long to say anything about Ni no Kuni's battle system that I thought it would be an adventure game, but they also released new screenshots and had a playable demo at this "Level-5 Vision" event of theirs, and it turns out it employs a very simple DQ-style battle system.   Regardless of what the end product will be, I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for this. "

I can understand your doubt, but lets wait and see what they come up with - how they define what a "Slow RPG" is. Even if it draws aspects from those games, I know I'll be happy.
    Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Discorsi
    @Linkyshinks said:

That fish on the left really looks like a Magikarp hahah,
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Linkyshinks

Famitsu have revealed some new details.  A "life" in Fantasy Life is the equivalent of a job. You start off the game by creating an avatar, setting name, gender, and looks, and finishing off by selecting the character's life. Based off the life you've selected, your play experience will change, as you'll find yourself taking on different daily quests. The game refers to these quests as "Life Quests."

These are the various life's that you can assign to your character. The game has 20 in all. Famitsu provided a full list in its latest issue. Here it is, loosely translated to English.

•     Treasure Hunter
    •     Shop Owner
    •     Student
    •     Chef
    •     Beast User (?!)
    •     Carpenter
    •     Pilot
    •     Fisherman
    •     Steel Worker
    •     Tailor
    •     Alchemist
    •     Mercenary (soldier/assassin)
    •     Mage
    •     Farmer
    •     Hunter
    •     Mailman
    •     Royal Soldier
    •     Prophet
    •     Dancer
    •     Miner

I think I will opt to be a Prophet.  Who will you be on your first play-through? 

This game looks like it's going to be so much fun living out these lives, I'm definitely going to want to try them all out.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Dan_CiTi

They ruined the graphics. Fuck 3D. 

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
    Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Lemmycaution217

This looks great! I dig the character designs.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ryanwho

As long as the whole thing is completely weird nonsense yet somehow makes me cry at the end, I'll be happy.

IT TOOK ME 1 YEAR 7 MONTHS TO REALIZE THIS IS HOW I FEEL
    craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By craigbo180

Brownie Brown is my MC name.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.