Level 5's New "Fantasy Life" Trailer

#1 Edited by Contro (2040 posts) -

Level-5 have revealed a new trailer for "Fantasy Life" on Nintendo 3DS, a title which brings a tri-force of RPG greats working together, on what's being described as a "slow-life RPG" .

Level-5, the producers of games like Layton and Inazuma Eleven, and Brownie Brown, the makers of Nintendo's Mother 3, have joined forces with the great Final Fantasy composer Nobuo Uematsu on this new 3DS title.

Fantasy Life is set in the world of Fantazeal, a place which inhabitants refer to as Mars, and apparently a place which has been "marked by the moon". A long time ago a prophet once warned that the destruction of the world would come when a shadow comes to pass over Mars. First signs of the prophesied destruction become apparent, but the people of the Fantazeal continue to lead their free, peaceful lives, blissfully unaware of the danger that lies ahead...

According to Level-5, Fantasy Life allows players to experience life in a world contained within the 3DS. You start the game off by creating your own avatar, going through a character create process which lets you set name, gender, physical appearance, and "Life," the latter being the game's name for your in-game job. Your choice of one of the game's 20 life's affects how the game plays out for you. Each type of life requires that players undertake certain so-called "Life Quests," which are quests that must be cleared daily. Once you've progressed through the game as one of these life's, you'll end up seeing what Level-5 refers to as a "small ending."

Edit:

Level-5 Vision 2011

#2 Posted by Marzy (675 posts) -

This looks utterly fantastic. I remember seeing it a few months back, when it was announced they'd be bringing it to 3DS and got excited.

Certainly looks more interesting than Animal Crossing and has more depth to it. Definetly probably going to get both though, since I haven't bought an Animal Crossing game since Wild World, I just hope they've changed the 3DS version enough.

#3 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

@Marzy said:

This looks utterly fantastic. I remember seeing it a few months back, when it was announced they'd be bringing it to 3DS and got excited.

Certainly looks more interesting than Animal Crossing and has more depth to it. Definetly probably going to get both though, since I haven't bought an Animal Crossing game since Wild World, I just hope they've changed the 3DS version enough.

I thought it looked a little more charming on DS with the classic Mother style graphics, but now that they've had time to flesh out this 3D style, I do think it looks a lot better.

I have a lot more faith in this being a great game, than I do with Animal Crossing 3DS becoming one. I dislike the direction Nintendo are taking with that franchise.

#4 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

Awesome post!  Thanks for putting all this up!

#5 Edited by ProfessorEss (7323 posts) -

Looks fantastic. 
I'm not gonna buy a 3DS for it, but it's the first time I've felt a little bit tempted to.

#6 Posted by Evilsbane (4595 posts) -

So its a sudo Animal Crossing thing, I'm in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.