Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fantasy Life

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jul 25, 2013

An expanded version of Brownie Brown and Level-5's life-sim/action RPG-hybrid, serving as the game's first international release. New features include online play for 3 players, additional quests, an increased level cap, and others.

This'll prolly be (criminally) overlooked by GB staff, huh?

mrhaydel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Title more or less says it all, and I guess for the most part (IMO) 'criminally overlooked' probably sums up how this game will be as far as 2014 is concerned. Which is a shame!

I'm ~25 hours in and loving it dearly (I uh, may have even ordered the soundtrack on CD from the internets), so I'd love to see at least someone on staff take a look at it (whether that means an official Quick Look or not is arguable), if only to hear their thoughts on a podcast/stream/what have you.

Oh well? I guess let this topic server as another reminder for anyone else that this game is great! And, I'd say it will likely sit somewhere in the top 3 or 5 for me as far as games of the year go.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BisonHero

I think there was a recent Mailbag video where the game was on somebody's desk, but so far it seems they haven't covered it.

If anything, I feel like Vinny or Alex would be more likely to play it and get into it, but I don't think GB East has the capability to capture 3DS stuff.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im just going to tag along the handheld game being ignored anger and say fucking Freedom Wars should be covered. I'm also watching this game for when it gets cheaper or if I can find it on sale

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#4  Edited By StarvingGamer

It's just bad timing. This is the sort of game that could have thrived during the slower summer months, but now there are so many other, big-name games to play before GotY rolls around that make Fantasy Life easy to ignore.

Pabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I really do hope they at least give it a look! It's got cute art, funny writing, and enough side quests to make the miscellaneous section in Skyrim feel jealous. But hey, even Nintendo didn't give it much love...

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know why, but somehow the moment I saw screenshots of that game I thought there's a game @rorie would play. I know almost nothing about the games he plays other than CRPG's but if I had to put money on which GB guy would play this, it'd be him.

berniesbc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It honestly seems like the sort of thing that Jeff might be really into.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call has also gotten no coverage at all despite Brad being really into the previous one. A lot of handheld games are just kind of getting left by the road side.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

It's a RPG and a handheld game, two things that never really get a lot of coverage here.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By BisonHero

@turambar: Was Brad really into the first one? Or was he just really into hearing Final Fantasy 6 music because he has a permaboner for that game, but then never played Theatrhythm again after the Quick Look?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@belegorm said:

I don't know why, but somehow the moment I saw screenshots of that game I thought there's a game @rorie would play. I know almost nothing about the games he plays other than CRPG's but if I had to put money on which GB guy would play this, it'd be him.

I don't have a 3DS, alas.

gunninkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gunninkr

I have a the Vita and 3DS and pretty much all the past handhelds and I just cant get into many portable games but I did pick this one up day one and I cant stop playing it. It has all the charm in the world. Its just a great game. It takes a while to get going but when you get to questing and talking to everyone its just a ton of fun. Everything about it is great. It hits me right in the feels for some reason.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have it. It's a good game, but I'm not sure if it'd really make for an interesting video.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I've never heard of it, but thanks for bringing it up!

veko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really have enjoyed the 40 hours of dabbling I've done with it. My gaming time is when hanging out with my 3 year old daughter so light handheld gaming like this is great for that. I hope sales have been good for it. It's quite prominent on the 3DS eShop front page.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish level 5 put out more RPGs like this one and Ni No Kuni. I would love one of these types of games on the PS4.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling: Only after they make Dark Cloud 3.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Personally, I'd like Sony to make a new Rogue Galaxy ><

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

It definitely seems like one of those games that is building a lot of momentum by word of mouth, which is why I ended up buying a copy for my 3DS. Unfortunately, I don't quite have the time to play it with a little one that just learned to crawl and climb furniture.

@zeik said:

@sterling: Only after they make Dark Cloud 3.

If only.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: As long as its on PS4 and not the 3DS/WiiU. I need good old school rpg goodness on the PS4 dammit.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a really great game. I hope one day they get a chance to play it.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CaptainCody

I'll join the theme of bumping this thread. I'm in agreement that it's a fantastic game and other handheld titles definitely deserve some coverage as well. Their aren't exactly that many major releases coming out in the near future. Yet, I feel like indie games at this point are to blame for being coverage hogs that could be time better spent on games that aren't in some stupid shit like early access or fucking Memerun.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By ProfessorEss

Sadly it will also be overlooked by me because of platform reasons :( I'm just not into the handheld hardware market anymore.

Such a shame that F2P rules the mobile OS market so hard, I'd kill for a quality Harvest Moon or Rune Factory type title on that platform.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I put 140 hours into this game and got every job to Legendary. Its a pretty fun game. Didn't get the DLC though...

Both Fantasy Life and Curtain Call were in my mental top3 games list of 2014.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.