50 square kilometres?

#1 Posted by Dudacles (1465 posts) -

Where the hell did they come up with that number? As the achievement "Dr Livingston, I Presume?" indicates, you only have access to 19 square kilometres over the course of the game. How the hell do they justify inflating that number to 50? Did they count land that you can't access or something?

#2 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

From the achievement guide I'm reading, it says you just need to enter every square kilometer and the game and that there is 19 total. It says nothing about 50 kilometers. There are 9 km in the north, 9 in the south, 1 in the desert.

#3 Edited by Dudacles (1465 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
" From the achievement guide I'm reading, it says you just need to enter every square kilometer and the game and that there is 19 total. It says nothing about 50 kilometers. There are 9 km in the north, 9 in the south, 1 in the desert. "
Yes, I know. But the back of the box says that this game contains "50 square kilometres of land to explore!"--albeit in Dutch, I dunno whether the other versions of the box say the same thing. What I'm wondering is, how did they go from 19 kilometres to 50? You might argue that it's all just advertising, but they must have some way to justify that gloating "50 square kilometres!" tagline? Does anyone know what that justification is?
#4 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@dudacles: Sue them for false advertisement, and for subjecting you to the torture of playing Far Cry 2.
#5 Posted by PhaggyBigNastyMcKill (564 posts) -

maybe you missed something, perhaps you should go back and play farcry 2 some more, or do something more entertaining like chores.

#6 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:
" @dudacles: Sue them for false advertisement, and for subjecting you to the torture of playing Far Cry 2. "
haha

@PhaggyBigNastyMcKill said:
" maybe you missed something, perhaps you should go back and play farcry 2 some more, or do something more entertaining like chores. "
*hmm, should i laugh at his chores joke or comment on his avatar ?*
Nice ass.
#7 Posted by Dudacles (1465 posts) -

I'm quite enjoying Far Cry 2, actually. Yes, it's annoying that you're constantly being harassed by guards, and that weapons can jam, but guardposts can rather easily be evaded by driving around them in an arc, and I haven't had a weapon jam on me in the last 6 hours of gameplay because I simply get new ones everytime I go to the arms dealer.

Far Cry 2 has annoying flaws, but I'm still loving it in spite of them, and at the moment, I reckon that the review I'll write for it in the future will grant it 4 four stars.

#8 Posted by Drebin_893 (2934 posts) -

I really liked Far Cry 2, but I had to play it in relatively small burts. I think the last 2 hours of that game are incredible.

#9 Posted by super_machine (1931 posts) -

Its probably a bull shit number for such a bull shit game.

#10 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

Well, at least they filled those 19 to the brim with excitement and variety, am I right?

#11 Posted by Karn (690 posts) -

QUICK! BREAK OUT THE MEASURING TAPE!

#12 Posted by nanikore (2740 posts) -
@atejas said:
" Well, at least they filled those 19 to the brim with excitement and variety, am I right? "
Um, yeah.. sure they did, son, sure they did.
#13 Posted by super_machine (1931 posts) -

True to life, this game has as many bugs as per square km as Africa does.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.