Anyone else think the aiming is messed up?

#1 Posted by DoctorPayne (39 posts) -

So I'm about 2 hours into the360 version  game, and one thing is driving me crazy: looking around/aiming. It seems like the sensitivity is way too high along the horizontal axis, but way too low on the vertical one. Also, looking around diagonally feels weird; instead of a smooth motion, it seems to sort of snap between going up and down and left to right. I've tried messing with sensitivity settings, as well as changing controllers, but no luck. After finishing off Mirror's Edge and L4D, both of which controlled bautifully, this is driving me nuts. Am I alone, or does anyone feel the same way?

#2 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I never found anything wrong with the way the game controlled and I find the shooting to be great.

#3 Posted by sithlord64 (4 posts) -

Yes I also noticed the exact difficulty with aiming!

#4 Posted by T0mF5 (928 posts) -

This is one of the biggest issues with the console versions that could be fixed easily by Ubisoft.

#5 Posted by ZombieHunterOG (3530 posts) -
@T0mF5 said:
" This is one of the biggest issues with the console versions that could be fixed easily by Ubisoft. "
dude this topic is so old .....
#6 Posted by T0mF5 (928 posts) -
@ZombieHunter:
I didn't notice.
#7 Posted by Dudacles (1447 posts) -
@ZombieHunter said:
" @T0mF5 said:
" This is one of the biggest issues with the console versions that could be fixed easily by Ubisoft. "
dude this topic is so old .....
"
So? I've never quite understood why people on message boards abhor an old topic being bumped the way they do.
#8 Posted by TheHT (11128 posts) -

yeah it's pretty stiff. and i dunno why, but when i shoot dudes, it doesn't really 'feel' like i'm doing damage to them. sounds wierd, i know, but in other games the sfx and enemy reaction really makes me feel that i'm shooting a dude. in this game it feels more like i'm shooting a wall that eventually just drops.

#9 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11618 posts) -

There are more things wrong with Far Cry 2 than just the aiming...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.