Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

The sequel to the original Far Cry dispenses with Jack Carver, and moves the action to a war-consumed Africa complete with an open-ended storyline involving civil war, several hours of missions, heated gunplay, and a slew of dynamic elements powered by a new engine.

Awesome preorder bonus!

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Jayge_
    Check this out!

Looks like the same thing as Prince of Persia's preorder terms. Everyone who does gets bumped to Limited Edition for free. This is an amazing offer. I'm definitely taking it.
    twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By twenty0ne

Wait, I already pre-ordered at Gamestop a few weeks back. Does this still apply to me?

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By brukaoru

That's pretty darn cool. Now you've made me consider pre-ordering the new PoP game. :P

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jayge_
    twenty0ne said:
    "Wait, I already pre-ordered at Gamestop a few weeks back. Does this still apply to me?"
    It had better. Just call your store and confirm, or do it the next time you're in there.
    twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By twenty0ne
    Jayge said:
    "twenty0ne said:
    "Wait, I already pre-ordered at Gamestop a few weeks back. Does this still apply to me?"
    It had better. Just call your store and confirm, or do it the next time you're in there."
    Yah, I hope so.
    twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By twenty0ne

Ah, never mind Jayge. I got Far Cry 2 at EB Games. I know awhile ago they merged, but I don't think this applies to them too.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jayge_
    twenty0ne said:
    "Ah, never mind Jayge. I got Far Cry 2 at EB Games. I know awhile ago they merged, but I don't think this applies to them too."
    Of course it does.
    twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By twenty0ne
    Jayge said:
    "twenty0ne said:
    "Ah, never mind Jayge. I got Far Cry 2 at EB Games. I know awhile ago they merged, but I don't think this applies to them too."
    Of course it does."
    Ah, very nice. Thanks.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By kush

Wait...is this some other LE, or is this the whole Wooden Box one that was shown a little while? Because if it's that one this sounds too good to be true and I'll definitely be pre-ordering it then...

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pause422

no I believe its just if you preordered Farcry 2 in general you immediately get this better edition for the same price..says a few more missions and better packaging and such..pretty good deal.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BiggerBomb

That content does look pretty cool. Too bad I refuse to give GameStop any business, I might have put some thought into this if Best Buy had a deal.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Demilich

Exclusive Gameplay.

Yeah go fuck yourself.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kush

I won't care unless that exclusive LE comes to the US. THIS

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Eh... I don't know. Sounds good, and I think Far Cry 2 looks like it could be quite awesome, but I'm not about to preorder it. It still could end up being a disappointment. Also, I'm totally not digging the limited edition packaging.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By DualReaver

Three extra hours of gameplay? What thefuck?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jayge_

Just some exclusive side-missions, Dual.

Anyway- to confirm. The game comes with the LE features, but I don't think it comes in the wood box.

If only, if only...

baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By baller

Gah, I hate when they force you to buy early to see the extra content. Lame

Tanuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Tanuki

Okay, I'm a little confused with this.  I've pre-ordered Far Cry 2 already (at EB).  Got me fancy Pre-order reciept.  But when I did go in to pre-order I asked the guy if there was a special edition and he was like, don't see one here, still wanna pre-order?  And I was like, of course.  - So when I go in, am I just alluva sudden going to get this Pre-order LE wooden box w/ bonus missions ect.?  Cuz the dude didn't mention anything like, "And since you pre-ordered you'll totally be getting this Limited Edition!"

Is everyone just pre-ordering the regular FC2 and hoping they get this copy?  Or is everyone actually pre-ordering a Limited Edition Version?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jayge_
    Tanuki said:
    "Okay, I'm a little confused with this.  I've pre-ordered Far Cry 2 already (at EB).  Got me fancy Pre-order reciept.  But when I did go in to pre-order I asked the guy if there was a special edition and he was like, don't see one here, still wanna pre-order?  And I was like, of course.  - So when I go in, am I just alluva sudden going to get this Pre-order LE wooden box w/ bonus missions ect.?  Cuz the dude didn't mention anything like, "And since you pre-ordered you'll totally be getting this Limited Edition!"

Is everyone just pre-ordering the regular FC2 and hoping they get this copy?  Or is everyone actually pre-ordering a Limited Edition Version?"
    Pre-order the normal edition, and you should get bumped up either to a Limited Edition, or to a special Pre-Order Edition, which packages the same content as the limited edition and still comes in a normal game box, I think.

baller said:
    "Gah, I hate when they force you to buy early to see the extra content. Lame"
    Yes, companies offering bonus incentives are always terrible. Seriously? It's a bit of swag and some extra side-missions. There is enough to do in the game already, trust me.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pause422

The game already if even rushed through I've heard can take 45-50 hours to beat...trust me there is plenty of content here from the start, its just a few missions..its a nice add but trust me its not something for people to get mad over..we're not getting like 10 more hours of gameplay. That LE btw Kush is pretty nice...I hope it comes out in the states.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kush

I want that Box more than extra gameplay...I need that box. Isn't the UK the one that's always supposed to get screwed over on these kind of things. Why change now. I just want wood...wait, what!?

Tanuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tanuki
    Jayge said:
    "Tanuki said:
    "Okay, I'm a little confused with this.  I've pre-ordered Far Cry 2 already (at EB).  Got me fancy Pre-order reciept.  But when I did go in to pre-order I asked the guy if there was a special edition and he was like, don't see one here, still wanna pre-order?  And I was like, of course.  - So when I go in, am I just alluva sudden going to get this Pre-order LE wooden box w/ bonus missions ect.?  Cuz the dude didn't mention anything like, "And since you pre-ordered you'll totally be getting this Limited Edition!"

Is everyone just pre-ordering the regular FC2 and hoping they get this copy?  Or is everyone actually pre-ordering a Limited Edition Version?"
    Pre-order the normal edition, and you should get bumped up either to a Limited Edition, or to a special Pre-Order Edition, which packages the same content as the limited edition and still comes in a normal game box, I think.

Alright, cool.  Thanks for the response, Jayge.  I'm such a sucker when it comes to art books, maps & bonus conent.  :S

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.