Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

The sequel to the original Far Cry dispenses with Jack Carver, and moves the action to a war-consumed Africa complete with an open-ended storyline involving civil war, several hours of missions, heated gunplay, and a slew of dynamic elements powered by a new engine.

Blood Diamond......

RobDaFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By RobDaFunk

.......A movie I've had for a while now, but never checked out.  Just watched and loved it, DiCaprio runs the show and acting was stellar throughout, forget about a few silly moments and you've got a tiptop-action-thriller-drama for a good night infront of the LCD.

PS.....It's set in South Africa, with Diamonds and Africans.

PPS......A bit like Far Cry 2.

;)

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By BiggerBomb

I was talking to a friend a few days back and he said Far Cry 2 would be "decent." I said, "Dude...It's like playing Blood Diamond"

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By OneEyedNinja7
    RobDaFunk said:

Actually, Blood Diamond is set in Sierra Leone, but whatever.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

Blood Diamond was indeed badass.  If you have the 2-disc edition of the DVD, there's a great documentary feature that tracks a diamond through the Kimberly Process, but it also shows the flaws in the system.  Very interesting to watch.

Then again...it's Ed Zwick that directed Blood Diamond...and he doesn't really ever disappoint (he also made The Last Samurai).
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By RHCPfan24

Blood diamond was a very good movie and I enjoyed it a lot.  The African guy (I forgot his name) was great, and Leo was of course really good.  It wasn't perfect by any means, but it was a very well done, though-provoking action movie. 

And yeah, it looks like Far Cry 2 in terms of setting and everything but FC2 looks a lot different in terms of overall story and presentation.  I don't think it is going to try and make the player think about African human rights or anything but it is going to be a great game.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BiggerBomb
    RHCPfan24 said:
    "Blood diamond was a very good movie and I enjoyed it a lot.  The African guy (I forgot his name) was great, and Leo was of course really good.  It wasn't perfect by any means, but it was a very well done, though-provoking action movie. 
    And yeah, it looks like Far Cry 2 in terms of setting and everything but FC2 looks a lot different in terms of overall story and presentation.  I don't think it is going to try and make the player think about African human rights or anything but it is going to be a great game.
    "
    Djimon Honsou. The guy was brilliant in that movie, that jail scene sent shivers down meh spine.
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By RHCPfan24
    BiggerBomb said:
    "RHCPfan24 said:
    "Blood diamond was a very good movie and I enjoyed it a lot.  The African guy (I forgot his name) was great, and Leo was of course really good.  It wasn't perfect by any means, but it was a very well done, though-provoking action movie. 
    "
    Djimon Honsou. The guy was brilliant in that movie, that jail scene sent shivers down meh spine."
    Actually, I had a name similar to that in my mind. Thanks, and yeah he was really good.  He got an Academy Award nomination for that, and deservedly so.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Jayge_
    OneEyedNinja7 said:
    "RobDaFunk said:

Actually, Blood Diamond is set in Sierra Leone, but whatever."
    And Far Cry 2 is not set in South Africa.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187
    RHCPfan24 said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "RHCPfan24 said:
    "
    Djimon Honsou. The guy was brilliant in that movie, that jail scene sent shivers down meh spine."
    Actually, I had a name similar to that in my mind. Thanks, and yeah he was really good.  He got an Academy Award nomination for that, and deservedly so."
    Yeah, he also got a nomination for Amistad...and that WASN'T worth it.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BiggerBomb
    RHCPfan24 said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "RHCPfan24 said:
    "
    Actually, I had a name similar to that in my mind. Thanks, and yeah he was really good.  He got an Academy Award nomination for that, and deservedly so."

He should have won >.<
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By daniel_beck_90

yeah this movie is definitely one of Ubi soft 's inspiration for Far cry 2 , the only currency in far cry 2 is Diamond  .

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By kush

It's easy to compare the game and movie, but besides some obvious similarities they aren't that alike...

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By Tordah

Great movie.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    Kush said:
    "It's easy to compare the game and movie, but besides some obvious similarities they aren't that alike..."
    Trust me , they are
    I am telling you
    NIKO_BELLIC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By NIKO_BELLIC

ya blood diamonds a bad ass movie too bad that stuff actually happens

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Lunarbunny
    daniel_beck_90 said:
    "yeah this movie is definitely one of Ubi soft 's inspiration for Far cry 2 , the only currency in far cry 2 is Diamond  ."
    The other option would have been Zimbabwe Dollars but they realized that would only be good as a fire starter.
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    Lunarbunny said:
    "daniel_beck_90 said:
    "yeah this movie is definitely one of Ubi soft 's inspiration for Far cry 2 , the only currency in far cry 2 is Diamond  ."
    The other option would have been Zimbabwe Dollars but they realized that would only be good as a fire starter."
    yeh , I guess so  !  -shrugs -
    DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By DoctorTran

Unfortunately when I saw it the "In Theater Red-Neck" Commentary was rolling. AKA some redneck douche bag who decided to talk to the film.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Lunarbunny
    For those of you that don't get the joke.
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    Lunarbunny said:
    "
    "
    LOL this is really funny !
    serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By serbsta

Blood Diamond is one of my top 3 best movies. I enjoy it everytime i watch it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.