Buy this or Crysis Maximum Edition

#1 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1409 posts) -

Just built a new kickass gaming pc for starcraft 2, diablo 3, sims 3. Wondering whether I should buy Farcry 2 or Crysis Maximun Edition. Thanks alot!

#2 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Crysis

#3 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Hm, I'm yet to play Crysis. But I've got Far Cry 2, and I'ma still say Crysis.

#4 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

Crysis, definitely. Far Cry 2 is pretty terrible.

Oh, and STALKER. Do it.

#5 Posted by Scheds (463 posts) -

I've played Far Cry 2 on PS3 for a while and played the demo of Crysis. I would definitely say Crysis.

#6 Edited by Maru (286 posts) -

Go get Crysis, It's a good game despite what some people say, and be creative with it.

#7 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

You must have a pretty boss ballin' rig to play Sims 3.

#8 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

Crysis Max is 3 games, get Crysis.

#9 Edited by Jack_Daniels (1409 posts) -

Haha, yeah but I am upgrading from a 10 inch netbook. My graphics board and processor easily cost more then my netbook put together. And I guess I'll be getting crysis then, thanks guys. 35 bucks is a pretty good deal for all three too. AMAZON

#10 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

Maximum Edition, definitely.. The first game is so so, but great fun if your adventurous with what you can do with the physics. If your not it can seem bland. Warhead is more tight and action orientated, and it runs better, it has a more focused single player experienced.

Far Cry 2 is a mish mashed let down, but it's depiction of Africa is awesome at times. You should probably pick it up some time when it's dirt cheap.

#11 Posted by Alexander (1721 posts) -

If you have a machine that can max out Crysis then I would get that game almost on that basis alone, it looks amazing. The game is pretty good too :P

Far Cry 2 has more of an RPG flavour to it.

Might be an idea to try out the demos.

Far Cry 2 Demo

Crysis Demo

#12 Posted by super_machine (1930 posts) -

Do not buy this game, its broken.

#13 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1409 posts) -

Hey demo's Nice!

#14 Edited by demonbear (1859 posts) -
Jack_Daniels said:
"Just built a new kickass gaming pc for starcraft 2, diablo 3, sims 3. Wondering whether I should buy Farcry 2 or Crysis Maximun Edition. Thanks alot!"
From what you can see in the videos, a pc built 5 years ago could run Diablo 3 today.
#15 Posted by pause422 (6172 posts) -

Crysis Max edition is a far better buy than Farcry 2.

#16 Posted by Agnogenic_delete (1034 posts) -

Crysis. 

#17 Posted by MadeinFinland (839 posts) -

They're both great games, but Far Cry 2 is definitly a lot more repetitive. My advice would be to buy them both, they're both worth it. But if a choice is necessary, Crysis.

#18 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2413 posts) -
super_machine said:
"Do not buy this game, its broken."
I know this game is so bad,they should never of made this game.
#19 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -
Agnogenic said:
"Crysis.  "
FC2 is shit. Get ^
#20 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

I like Far Cry 2, but go with Crysis, especially if your computer can handle it.

#21 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Anything but Far Cry 2. ANYTHING!

#22 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Plz go and buy crysis maxium edition right now. You wouldn't imagine how fustrating far cry 2 really is and crysis games are way better.

#23 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -

Crysis is better, but in my opinion Far Cry 2 is not as terrible as people make out.

Alexander
said:

"If you have a machine that can max out Crysis then I would get that game almost on that basis alone, it looks amazing. The game is pretty good too :P

Far Cry 2 has more of an RPG flavour to it.

Might be an idea to try out the demos.

Far Cry 2 Demo

Crysis Demo"
There is no Far Cry 2 demo, that link is in fact for the original Far Cry, demo number 2.
#24 Posted by Alexander (1721 posts) -
Binman88 said:
There is no Far Cry 2 demo, that link is in fact for the original Far Cry, demo number 2."
See this is what happens when I Google stuff. Anyhow, if you can play the Crysis demo with everything turned up then go with that.
#25 Posted by Jnal (213 posts) -

I liked Far Cry 2 when I had it for the 360. I too just built a kickass gaming computer and bought Crysis Maximum Edition. I've had a blast playing it and Crysis Wars so much more than playing Far Cry 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.