Corrupted save problems?

#1 Posted by oraknabo (1514 posts) -

This is on 360.
I was just on the verge of breaking 70% in this game, I'd saved at a safehouse with some hostile guys pursuing me and I died about 5 minutes after leaving the house. Upon trying to reload the save my console froze. I restarted and still, trying to load up my game in any way freezes the system. I had just been overwriting the same save file, so I have no way back to the point I had reached in the game.

Anyone else having this kind of issue? Does this happen on other 360 games?

#2 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

Dude, I've heard about this one before. It fucks up people's games a lot. I haven't had it happen to me, but Ubisoft said they're working on a patch that hopefully will fix it, although nobody knows if it will free older saves. It really sucks :-/

#3 Posted by oraknabo (1514 posts) -

Yeah, it sucks pretty bad. I'd recommend anyone playing this to at least alternate between two save files. I was renting, so I just took the game back, but I was really hoping to get to act 3 this weekend.

#4 Posted by super_machine (1931 posts) -

Yeah dude it happened to my friend who was playing it on 360 as well. He was bout 70% in, and the exact same thing.

#5 Edited by diz (935 posts) -
oraknabo said:
"Yeah, it sucks pretty bad. I'd recommend anyone playing this to at least alternate between two save files. I was renting, so I just took the game back, but I was really hoping to get to act 3 this weekend."
Good advice. For all games.

I cycle between 3 or 4 saves and have done ever since Oblivion.
#6 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -

happened to me at about the same point but i had another save a little bit before and that one worked fine

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.