Favorite character?

#1 Posted by Lunarbunny (1025 posts) -

Personally I liked Nick Greaves...he had the whole German villain look going (yes, I know he's more British or South African).

#2 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -
Warren Clyde.
that guy was my best friend untill he died :(
He always did have crazy plans but usually we would pull through. Not that time though...

R.I.P Warren.
#3 Posted by Johnny5 (1353 posts) -

Josip is awesome. You do not mess with Josip.

#4 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -
Johnny5 said:
"Josip is awesome. You do not mess with Josip."
I dont think the voice acting was done right on him. He doesnt sound like a huge burly guy, just a regular man with an accent.
#5 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

I wanna know what Marty is like when you don't play him. Anyone get him in their game?

#6 Posted by lvl10Wizard (326 posts) -

Yeah I have Marty in my game he's kind of irritating to be honest, Josip is cool. I chose to play as Singh.

#7 Posted by Johnny5 (1353 posts) -

I think josip is right, hes not rambo, hes just a fairly big guy.

plus he sounds albanian to me

#8 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

Warren Clyde annoys me because he sounds like Gary Busey, but maybe that's just me.

#9 Posted by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -

JOSIIIIIIIP!

Seriously, if Josip dies in my game, I don't care how many hours of progress I lose, Josip will be re-loaded. Unless he dies as part of the story. Which will suck.

#10 Posted by Elijah (139 posts) -

Like others have said, Josip all the way.  He is a friggin' badass.

#11 Posted by Homes (321 posts) -

I'm about 60% done with the game and I'm playing as Marty. Is the game really that different a 2nd time around if I were to play as another character? Do the faction quests play out different or is it just the same thing with the different mercs swapped in and out?

#12 Posted by Cwaff (1259 posts) -

Frank Bilders for the win :)

Love the accent :D

#13 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -
Cwaff said:
"Frank Bilders for the win :)

Love the accent :D"
I unfortunately chose him as my playable character.
#14 Posted by Lunarbunny (1025 posts) -
systech said:
"Cwaff said:
"Frank Bilders for the win :)

Love the accent :D"
I unfortunately chose him as my playable character."
I had the same problem with choosing Josip as mine. I should have chosen someone boring.
#15 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

Whoever that crazy ass Irishmen is.
Second runner up is Clyde.

#16 Edited by lvl10Wizard (326 posts) -

The character you chose determines your starting location and your initial equipment. It also has an effect on the initial tutorial missions you get. I found this out when I took this to a friends today and he started a new game. At home I chose Singh, started in Lumber with a G3 and a rocket launcher. My friend chose the Irish guy and started in the Slaughterhouse with a G3 and a Flamethrower.

The Flamethrower is awesome!

#17 Posted by Elijah (139 posts) -
lvl10Wizard said:
"The character you chose determines your starting location and your initial equipment. It also has an effect on the initial tutorial missions you get. I found this out when I took this to a friends today and he started a new game. At home I chose Singh, started in Lumber with a G3 and a rocket launcher. My friend chose the Irish guy and started in the Slaughterhouse with a G3 and a Flamethrower.

The Flamethrower is awesome!"
I chose Hakim and also started at the slaughterhouse with the same weapons.  I bet there are just a few different starting points.
#18 Posted by Homes (321 posts) -

Thanks for clearing things up.

#19 Posted by rohanspear345 (341 posts) -

WARREN! You crazy asian guy!?! with redneck accent!??! i dunno but im glad i sent u off the way u woulda wanted full of drugs.

#20 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -

Josip is a cool guy

#21 Posted by Driadon (2990 posts) -

+1 for Josip.

#22 Edited by Timberwolf47 (6 posts) -

Nasreen for me; don't know how many times she's pulled me out of the shit, but a lot. Always ends up as my best buddy in act 2, I always get the first one killed somehow  :( 

EDIT: Sure enough, Hakim just died and now Nasreen's my number 1 yet again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.