Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

The sequel to the original Far Cry dispenses with Jack Carver, and moves the action to a war-consumed Africa complete with an open-ended storyline involving civil war, several hours of missions, heated gunplay, and a slew of dynamic elements powered by a new engine.

From the Armory

• 86 results
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Demilich
    MB said:
    "I didn't think I was that close, actually...I mean I was firing my grenade launcher (it's the first one available, the one that holds four rounds and has a  rotary magazine) at vehicles that were at least 30-40 yards away.  I was way outside the blast zone.  The reason I thought it was buggy was because I'd shoot rounds at the ground at enemies who were way closer and the grenades would go off every time as intended.

About the other weapons, I'm not sure.  I unlocked the silenced Makarov or whatever it is and upgraded it's reliability and accuracy.  Seems pretty good, although I haven't had any opportunities to use it stealthily yet.  I've been messing around with the AK-47 which seems even better than the AR-16, the one with the green dot scope on it.  I think the most impressive weapon is the M1903 Sniper.  I've got that upgraded on both accuracy and reliability also, and it generally seems to kill dudes in one hit which is a nice change. 

I still feel like the assault rifles aren't nearly powerful enough.  It takes way too many rounds to kill dudes, that's always been one of my biggest pet peeves in shooters.  I'm still hoping it will get better, though."
    That's the second grenade launcher, and it shoots pretty damn far.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By kush

I must say that I find the M1903 Sniper to be extremely satisfying and I'm having a blast with the weapon. I also just picked up the silenced pistol, but I haven't really had much use for it at all so far...I sort of miss my flare gun now. When do you unlock the grenade launcher because I have only done one weapon's dealer mission and only grabbed the M1903 and pistol, but I wasn't really looking at any other weapons besides those two.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Jayge_

I haven't unlocked it yet, but I picked up an AR-15 and absolutely loved it. Right now, I'm just alternating between a G3 and a Springfield. The Springfield is seriously fun to snipe with, although I prefer the AR-15's balance of close-up power and long-range accuracy, so I think I'll probably use that in the future.

For sidearms, nothing beats the silenced pistol. And I like the big rocket launcher that I got from my friend for my special.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Demilich

I so told you so. M1 Garand is fuckwin.

I haven't found a cooler weapon yet. I threw away my Barret (or lookalike?) for it.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By Gunner
    Lunarbunny said:
    "MB said:
    "Is the grenade launcher a little buggy for anyone else?  Seems like half the time either nothing happens when the grenade hits, or it explodes way off in the air or off to the side of whatever I was aiming at."
    Pretty sure it's got a delay on arming, it's blowing up to the side because it bounced off of wherever you shot it.

Also, I found out with the Carl Gustav that the game does in fact have deflection. I shot it at a car, and it bounced off a side that was like 15 degrees off parallel instead of detonating."
    it also doesnt detonate if you shoot something way too close to you, it bounces off, hits the ground and spins around for a few seconds before blowing up.
    DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By DualReaver
    Demilich said:
    "I so told you so. M1 Garand is fuckwin.

I haven't found a cooler weapon yet. I threw away my Barret (or lookalike?) for it."
    ... I don't think there is a... what? Is there a M1 Garand in this game and I'm just missing it? Or are you mixing it up with the Springfield m1903?

Oh and most badass guns in this game are the MLG-40 and the Flare Pistol.
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Demilich

Err Springfield. My bad. Almost the same gun though.

cyclonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#58  Edited By cyclonus

I mostly use the cheapest sniper rifle.

It's nice.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Gunner
    Cyclonus said:
    "

It's nice.

"
    sniper rifles are overrated. I prefer to bust into a camp in a jeep and mow as many people down with the mounted weapon as possible. Then scout the area with an AK-47. Never fails me.
    ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ZeroCast

Are there any Desert Eagles in the mix?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By kush
    ZeroCast said:
    "Are there any Desert Eagles in the mix?"
    I'm pretty sure I've seen some heavy, powerful pistols...but I'm not sure if they were Desert Eagles. I would assume they're in the game since they are in practically every shooter.
    adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By adam_grif
    Demilich said:
    "Err Springfield. My bad. Almost the same gun though."
    Well, not really, the Springfield is a pre-WW1 bolt action rifle with a 5/10 round internal magazine, relegated to sniper duty in WWII, and the Garand is a WWII semi-automatic infantry rifle with an 8 round En-Bloc Clip.

Lunarbunny said:
    "Try the MP5SD, too, it's better than the G3 and silenced. It also has a higher rate of fire so target saturation is high.

On another note, I got to act 2 and am trying to make a technical I found with an M2 (.50 cal machine gun) last as long as possible. GOD DAMN I LOVE THE M2
    EDIT: as soon as I said that I found one with a Mk 19 grenade launcher...lol"
    A 9mm submachinegun firing sub-sonic ammunition is... more powerful than a battle rifle....?
    cyclonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By cyclonus
    Gunner said:
    "Cyclonus said:
    "

It's nice.

"
    sniper rifles are overrated. I prefer to bust into a camp in a jeep and mow as many people down with the mounted weapon as possible. Then scout the area with an AK-47. Never fails me."

I like doing this with the boats ok, as it keeps going for a while while you start shooting the mounted gun. Very nice.
    atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By atejas
    adam_grif said:
    "Demilich said:
    Well, not really, the Springfield is a pre-WW1 bolt action rifle with a 5/10 round internal magazine, relegated to sniper duty in WWII, and the Garand is a WWII semi-automatic infantry rifle with an 8 round En-Bloc Clip.

Lunarbunny said:
    "Try the MP5SD, too, it's better than the G3 and silenced. It also has a higher rate of fire so target saturation is high.

On another note, I got to act 2 and am trying to make a technical I found with an M2 (.50 cal machine gun) last as long as possible. GOD DAMN I LOVE THE M2
    A 9mm submachinegun firing sub-sonic ammunition is... more powerful than a battle rifle....?
    "
    AKs jam, this game has already lost any claim to realism.
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Demilich
    ZeroCast said:
    "Are there any Desert Eagles in the mix?"
    Yes, there's a Deagle.
    Seraphim2150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#66  Edited By Seraphim2150

At the moment? M79, Golden AK (i found it in a shack some where) and a RPG. Good all round gear.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Lunarbunny
    Seraphim2150 said:
    "At the moment? M79, Golden AK (i found it in a shack some where) and a RPG. Good all round gear."
    You found it here.

adam_grif said:
    A 9mm submachinegun firing sub-sonic ammunition is... more powerful than a battle rifle....?"
    Yeah, I know...got me.
    Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Gunner
    atejas said:
    "adam_grif said:
    "Demilich said:

Lunarbunny said:

"
    AKs jam, this game has already lost any claim to realism."
    Yeah i thought that was a bit odd in the game, from what ive heard from some vietnam vets you could pack an AK with mud and still be able to shoot it. Its one of the most if not the most reliable weapon ever created.
    Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Johnny5

I've been running with the Silent Makarov, Silent MP5 and the Dart Rifle

accuracy upgraded on the mp5.

oh and with the AK47 jamming, there is mention that there are lots of poorly made cheap Ak47s around, maybe that is it ;D

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Demilich

Well I just unlocked every weapon. Current setup is a Desert Eagle, the primary Grenade Launcher and Flamethrower. All fully upgraded. The Deagle kind of sucks though, I'm going to replace it with the Uzi.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Demilich

I think I'm done with this game. All the fun I had came from unlocking the weapons, and now that I can't do that anymore, I have no desire to keep playing the repetitive missions and driving through infinite checkpoints.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By kush
    Demilich said:
    "I think I'm done with this game. All the fun I had came from unlocking the weapons, and now that I can't do that anymore, I have no desire to keep playing the repetitive missions and driving through infinite checkpoints."
    I'm already getting a bit tired of the SP ...if they patch in a quick-travel ability or something like that; maybe then I'll love it again, but driving everywhere and getting shot at every second isn't my idea of fun. I am having a lot of fun with the MP to my surprise though.
    Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Thunder

I havent been able to purchase any weapons other then the first shotgun im trying to get the sniper though

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By kush
    Thunder said:
    "I havent been able to purchase any weapons other then the first shotgun im trying to get the sniper though"
    You have to do the arms dealer mission to unlock the weapons.
    Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Lunarbunny
    Kush said:
    "Thunder said:
    "I havent been able to purchase any weapons other then the first shotgun im trying to get the sniper though"
    You have to do the arms dealer mission to unlock the weapons."
    Addendum: you need to not have a current mission to get arms dealer missions. Also, there is a limit to how many you can unlock in Act 1. You'll get stuff like the AS50 and MGL in Act 2.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#76  Edited By mike

Ok, so I just unlocked the Dart Rifle and it seems to be pretty bad ass.  My first kill with the dart rifle was awesome.  I was out on top of a rock at the airfield and there was a technical heading away from me along the railroad tracks that had a driver and a gunner like they normally do.  I took out the gunner at about 200 yards or so.  Missed the driver, though.  However, the ammo limitation is really killing me.  Five rounds is just not enough.  I like the idea of having a scoped rifle in my special weapon slot, which frees up my assault slot for an Ak-47 or something like that.  Of course, that leaves me without the RPG...

I guess it's no big deal now to worry about weapon combinations as I'm continually unlocking new things.  Part of the problem I'm having now, though, is not really knowing what some of the weapons are like before purchasing them at the arms dealer. Things like IED's.  Never seen one out in the wild, so I'm not sure I want to waste diamonds on them at this point.

Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Balls

My friend got the game at midnight too and I was over at his place playing it but then I fell asleep on his shoulder, lulz! But he said that it was so good that he just kept playing. I can't wait to grab it.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By DualReaver
    MB said:
    "Part of the problem I'm having now, though, is not really knowing what some of the weapons are like before purchasing them at the arms dealer. Things like IED's.  Never seen one out in the wild, so I'm not sure I want to waste diamonds on them at this point."
    They are very very very very very very very very very fun to fuck about with, but quick warning they take up your secondary weapon slot.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By mike

How do the IED's work?  Do they have a detonator?

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By DualReaver

Yessir. I'm just going to assume you have a pc for this: You press the left-mouse button to drop one and a detonator will come up. Left click again to blow up the explosive, but if your right click your guy will get out another IED you can place. Then you place a bunch around some cars near wild grass all around an enemy encampment, press the detentor and watch the fireworks.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By mike

How many do you get to have in your inventory at once?

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By DualReaver

10 with the ammo upgrade.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By mike

wow, that is sweet...I'll be picking up IED's next, I think.  Thanks dude.

SolemnOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By SolemnOaf

The dart rifle's marksmans bandolier grants double ammo. 
    I think my favorite loadout while playing was the dartgun, the silenced MP5, and the Mini-uzi or Mac-10.  I can recall one instance where I had snuck up on some Private Property, and began an assault on some random goons.  I heard the leader say "I think there's only one of them!", right as I was hurling a grenade, switching ammo types, then throwing a moltov for good measure.  Good times.

Zaerus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Zaerus

First thing i did was play the armory missions and assasinations to support all the new goods. Now rolling with the M-79, AR-18 + M249 SAW. Having all the reliablity + accuracy upgrades for all guns i have (everything but shotguns & snipers) and ammo addons for grenades and assault ammo.

Found that the Saw saved me when my AR-18 ran out of ammo numerous times & the nade launcher basicly solves all my mission problems, sometimes with just one wellplaced,  distant shot.

Depends what you need the explosives for, IED's are fun but you need to drop them somewhere upclose. The M-79 is a great weapon vs prettymuch anything i come up against. Though you can only hold 3 grenades at first, so the ammo upgrade is definatly something u want, which automatily gives you more nades to throw aswell.
    I rarely used the RPG... find the nade launcher to be much more reliable though i've still to give my carl gustav a field day. The explosions from that are BIG. And the last grenade launcher (MGL-40) is really cool but counts as primairy. So no go there for me.

I'd suggest saving before you buy, buying it, test and load to test other things, go with what ya like best. Guns arn't cheap and the right one makes all the difference.
    Oh and don't base judgement off gear you picked off corpses. I had an RPG at one point out of which the rockets literally FELL instead of flew. Spazing over the floor before hitting something, leaving you to run like hell. (aka buy reliability upgrades. they're worth it)

ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#86  Edited By ieatlions

neither am i!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.