Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

The sequel to the original Far Cry dispenses with Jack Carver, and moves the action to a war-consumed Africa complete with an open-ended storyline involving civil war, several hours of missions, heated gunplay, and a slew of dynamic elements powered by a new engine.

How to succed in Stealth gameplay?

Blinck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Blinck

Hey mates, I've been playing Far Cry 2 lately and I'm really enjoying it ( It took a while to get into it though), however I'm having a hard time playing it the stealthy way.
    I'm getting better at it, now that I have a silenced MP5 and the stealth suit, but I can't still kill someone without alerting the others, any tips?
    Also, for a stealthy gameplay do you recommend an assault with silenced MP5 or should I go for long range with snipers ?
    Share your tips :)
    Cheers

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

It's a bit of a mystery.

William

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By William

To succeed you must not fail.

Marnox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Marnox

I don't really thing it's possible.  I mean, everytime I shot someone with a silenced weapon, the other guards will be alerted. I scouted the area really good, just 5 guys and one was to the side behind a wall. I shot him and somehow the others noticed. So now I just snipe everyone with the Dragunov and burn who's left with the flametrhower :P

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Jayge_

You're going to need to change your thinking on stealth a bit. Stealth isn't so much killing everyone silently (although that's definitely part of it) in this game. It's also all about never letting them get a definite location for you. Never show them exactly where you are. I've taken out entire camps with an AR16 or whatever it is, just by picking them off with headshots and never giving away my position. A silenced Makarov helps, and killing stragglers first helps.

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
    William said:
    "To succeed you must not fail."
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By OmegaPirate
    Solid_SnakeXx said:
    "William said:
    "To succeed you must not fail."
    "
    what are you even doing here?
    webby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By webby

If you shoot them once in the head (silenced weapon) and the enemy cant see the guy, then you should be alright.

ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ieatlions

try to do as much as you can of your missions at anight and  plan your get awayyou schould also try to use explosives = ie planting an IDE on a car getting as far as possible detonating it than circling around drawing out much of the main force

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lunarbunny

Personally I found stealth the easiest with wide expanses allowing me to use the Dart Rifle. My first targets were always guards that were out of sight from any of the other guards, then if somebody noticed, pick them off as well, right as they stop next to the dead guy's corpse. I kept a MAC-10 or UZI just in case they got smart and found me, and my primary weapon jumped around from sniper rifles to assault rifles depending on the job. A good stealth loadout would probably be MAC-10 (for emergencies), MP5SD, Dart Rifle, with the Camo Suit, Light Assault Webbing, Assault Webbing, and definitely the Marksman's Webbing (or bandolier? can't remember) because that doubles Dart Rifle ammo to 10.

Remember to stay crouched in the grass to not get spotted. Practice leading your targets with the Dart Rifle as it has a much slower velocity than any of the sniper rifles. Oh, and don't miss your targets if they're not already alerted, because barely missing them will alert them and cause them to run for cover/find backup.

JJpenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By JJpenguin

Stealth is all about the first move, if you botch it, then that's stealth out the window, if you succeed, you get to make a second move.

1. Try to find a good position that offers some degree of camoflauge (such as a bush) while allowing you to scout the area.
    2. Use fire, molotovs are easy to come by, and setting fire to an ammo crate or explosive store can be very amusing.
    3. Hit and run, using this method, you can be using loud weapons, just keep moving, and stay hidden, enemies search for you, but allow them to get isolated
    4. Crouch, you make less sound
    5. don't sprint when near guards
    6. Try to attack from within, sneak behind and use silenced weapons to take out guards from behind
    Blinck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Blinck

Thank you very much guys, great tips, gonna try it today! :)

Marnox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By Marnox

Another way is to set everything on fire. Try to circle around the enemy with the flametrower and create a horseshoe or a complete circle to make them confused/dead :P

Wolswor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wolswor

The most infurating thing about using stealth is the machette...I can use stealth gameplay just fine with a silenced weapon but for some reason the sound of a blade passing through a neck is apparently as loud as an assault rifle.  *thwok*  "OMG GUYS I HEARD SUMTHING OVER THAR!!!"  Seriously I can be more stealthy with my flare pistol.

Box3ru13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Box3ru13

For me its about getting as far in without being seen and killing the least amount of people as possible.

I've infiltrated the fort twice doing this and by killing only 1 person the first time and nobody the 2nd time. Nothing more satisfying then sneaking in and putting a bullet into the targets head (Silenced makarov) and then sneaking my way out with no one knowing the better.

And not letting them get a definite position on you as well as others have said well help in the long run.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By super_machine

Its possible, but not in every situation. I've been able to cap an enemy with silenced pistol without another guard noticing. But only because the other enemy was walking the other direction and didnt see/hear his buddy fall. If you think you can sneak into a check point and take out all the enemies Sam Fisher style, you cant. However as one poster said, its all about not letting the enemy locate your position.
    For example: Heading into the chemical plant, I took the silenced MP5 and used the hang glider to make a silent approach to the main building. (night time of course). I went inside, and silently killed the guard sleeping on the cot. Then I climbed the steps that lead up to the cat walk inside the hangar building. From there I took out the first guard I saw walking out side, which alearted the others. Since I used my silenced gun, the other guards who rushed towards their dead comrad could not identify my position. So I just kept picking them off until the were all dead. Thats about as stealthy as it gets in this game.

MisterMollusk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MisterMollusk

dart rifle and a silenced makarov for stealth. make sure you carry around a heavy assault weapon just in case the shit hits the fan, but by that time you should have thinned out enough dudes for it not to be too much trouble. also, hit em at night and if you end up having to go in guns a blazing, throw start some fires to cause confusion and then run and gun. basically keep moving and use cover.

Thanados

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Thanados

I agree that moving around is key.  Also, any explosion will draw the attention of the guards, so blowing up a barrel far from your position can give you a bit of space.
    Another tactic is to take advantage of their compassion.  A wounded man in the open will call for help and draw others to him making them easier targets.  One shot in the knee cap usually does the trick. 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By jakob187

All you need is this and you will succeed in everything stealth-related!!!

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DirrtyNinja
    When i bought the camo suit i was expecting big things. It did not change shit,  but the game is full of crap like that. A shame tho, it had so much potential.
    Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Cirdain

I can do stealth pretty well, with out the camo suit and a silenced pistol. Does the suit help that much or is just a waste of dimonds?

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BiggerBomb

One way to avoid getting shot, is to purchase the camo suit. Personally, I reccomend something else. Not playing the game is a great way to not be detected.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bullet_Jr

Stealth games are easy, you just have to be careful to not be seen. Camo or stealth items are always a great idea that may be able to help your cause (eg, not being seen).

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Bullet_Jr said:
    "Stealth games are easy, you just have to be careful to not be seen.

Clearly, you have not played Far Cry 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.