I can't decide wether I like far cry 2

Posted by Expletive (1057 posts) -
I mean I really enjoy the gameplay and the story is pretty cool, but there is WAY to much driving unsuccessfully "spiced up" by and enemy encounter every 30 seconds, and also most of the missions are exactly the same. 

p.s I am only half way through
#1 Posted by Expletive (1057 posts) -
I mean I really enjoy the gameplay and the story is pretty cool, but there is WAY to much driving unsuccessfully "spiced up" by and enemy encounter every 30 seconds, and also most of the missions are exactly the same. 

p.s I am only half way through
#2 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Being half way through doesn't change much. The entire game's that same thing. Saying that, I'm in the minority that I really like Far Cry 2, and have never experienced any bugs.

#3 Posted by Expletive (1057 posts) -
@Hitchenson said:
" Being half way through doesn't change much. The entire game's that same thing. Saying that, I'm in the minority that I really like Far Cry 2, and have never experienced any bugs. "
I havnt noticed  any bugs, I just wish there was a quick travel mechanic  or something. also the low res shadows really annoy me 
#4 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Let me help you make your decision. You do not like Far Cry 2. It is a terrible game. If you ever need me to settle any other dilemmas, you just let me know. Anytime, dude. Anytime.

#5 Posted by Akeldama (4246 posts) -

i picked it up again after a good 2-3 months of not playing it. I am fucking enjoying this game again. 

#6 Posted by Roundlay (112 posts) -
@Akeldama: Weird but I'm having exactly the same experience. 

I hated it at first and let it be for a good three months, but having started to play it again recently I've gotten really into it. Thinking about it, playing the game from a role playing vantage point makes all the shit you have to go through a little more forgivable. I.e. the fact that driving a car is never really an option and continuously re-spawning enemies. Forcing yourself to take on the role realistically seems to have helped in making sneaking around in the jungle, thinking about how to approach missions and what not, more fun.
#7 Posted by krystians (403 posts) -

I have it for the 360, and I've played it for roughly 3 hours, and have stopped. The game is not my style, the driving is unnecessary, and I also hate the voice over work.  

#8 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

Terrible game.

#9 Posted by Akeldama (4246 posts) -
@Roundlay: yea in fact i just finished the game. Top notch ending. 
#10 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

I've had Far Cry 2 since Christmas and I still am less than half way through with the game.  I like the game for the most part, but the driving and traveling can be pretty frustrating (even with the quick travel buses)

#11 Posted by Nasar7 (2669 posts) -
@Roundlay: I agree with this, its plays better when you role play this game. I enjoyed this game most playing stealthily.
#12 Posted by Roundlay (112 posts) -
@Nasar7: Same! Nothing more fun than grabbing the sniper riffle, putting a bullet through a guards head, running around opposite that spot and finishing off the rest of the guards.

@Akeldama: Glad to hear it; I was if the whole Jackal deal would be tied up successfully.

#13 Posted by Roundlay (112 posts) -

Just saw this interesting analysis of Far Cry 2; might give people a bit of inspiration to keep at the game

#14 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -

i love it,

#15 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@expletive said:
"
 I enjoy the gameplay, the story is pretty cool, there is WAY to much driving unsuccessfully "spiced up" by and enemy encounter every 30 seconds,  most of the missions are exactly the same. 

"
 you said it all.
#16 Posted by Keyser_Soze (1186 posts) -

OK, I will make your mind up for you. You love this game, you love it with a passion.

#17 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11725 posts) -

When in doubt, you hate it. I actually got around Halfway before I burned out, and at that point I just got sick of having to drive everywhere and fight every 5 minutes. Plus, the story is about as compelling as a wet sock.

#18 Posted by Keyser_Soze (1186 posts) -

Hiint: Take the bus.

#19 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11725 posts) -
@Keyser_Soze said:
" Hiint: Take the bus. "
That just cuts down your driving time from 30 minutes to 15 minutes, not counting all the fighting that is sure to occur. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.