Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

The sequel to the original Far Cry dispenses with Jack Carver, and moves the action to a war-consumed Africa complete with an open-ended storyline involving civil war, several hours of missions, heated gunplay, and a slew of dynamic elements powered by a new engine.

More Far Cry 2, my sexy Titans, and my political standings.

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

Edited By TheGamerGeek

Yea, I know, I'm 14, I can't vote but guess what? That doesn't mean I can't be involved in politics! (I apologize before-hand to some of the people that read my blogs that aren't in America, insanegamer, Bennyishere, etc.) If I could vote, I'd definitely vote for Obama.I have some main reasons for this, one is because our last president was a Republican and look at his 'prosorous' 8 years (/end sarcasm). I also think Democrats agree with many of my political thoughts, I agree abortion is tollerable because it's 'their' baby, not yours. So, in turn, it's 'their' decision and gay marrage is OK. You CAN NOT control who you fall in love with and marrage is something that shows your love for another person, it doesn't have to be love for a person of the oppisite sex. So yea, Obama for pres.

Now I want to discuss my sexi Titans. They're currently 6-0 and off to their best start of their team's history. They've, honestly, had a pretty easy schedule so far but still they've beaten the Jag's (Who were sometimes picked to win teh AFC South) and the Baltimore Ravens, who had the best D in the leauge at the time. Tonight the Titans are taking on the Colts on Monday Night Football. For all you Europeans that don't really know too much about American football, the MNF game is usally, the most watched Football game of the week. I don't really know about this week because it's going against the World Series.

This has seemed like an all American blog with American politics, and American Football so let's talk about the great Far Cry 2! Well I've been playing A LOT of it lately and enjoying near every single minute of it. This game is so great, after you get past the begining. I've also started to enjoy the online a lot more. I'm still disappointed by the Ranked matches. I'm always lagging out of the matches but when I play regular unranked matches, it goes extremely smooth. I also need to update it with some map editor impressions. I've heard a lot of people saying, "This is the best map editor in a game ever"...no, well not in my opinon. I have so much trouble just trying to put a slight hill down and when I try and put a bridge, it get's incredibly frustrating. Honestly, I think I don't like it because I suck with it. I'm currently about 48% through ( I think) and started a review but only wrote about a paragraph and quit because I don't think I've played enough MP yet.

Well, before I sign off I'd just like to say, this weekend, my computer and my TV screwed up. Both became very dark and just completely screwed up after a while. So I borrowed my mothers monitor until Christmas where I wil get me a new computer. I picked up a new TV yesterday, and it, simply put, blows balls. The color is continuously screwing up, it keeps turning black and white so probably in a couple days we'll take it back and get me a nice flat-screen one. Tomorrow me and my friend are going to Gamestop directly after school to pick up LittleBigPlanet and Fallout 3. I will give you all some impressions after a while. Before I go, I would like to say, you should all listen to TheGamerFix podcast! It's very entertaining. So if you don't, then do! And also, big props to Gorillawhat for giving me a CoD: World at War Beta key thanks. Well until next time, this has been Jay Malone asking, where's my games!?!?

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By TheGamerGeek

Yea, I know, I'm 14, I can't vote but guess what? That doesn't mean I can't be involved in politics! (I apologize before-hand to some of the people that read my blogs that aren't in America, insanegamer, Bennyishere, etc.) If I could vote, I'd definitely vote for Obama.I have some main reasons for this, one is because our last president was a Republican and look at his 'prosorous' 8 years (/end sarcasm). I also think Democrats agree with many of my political thoughts, I agree abortion is tollerable because it's 'their' baby, not yours. So, in turn, it's 'their' decision and gay marrage is OK. You CAN NOT control who you fall in love with and marrage is something that shows your love for another person, it doesn't have to be love for a person of the oppisite sex. So yea, Obama for pres.

Now I want to discuss my sexi Titans. They're currently 6-0 and off to their best start of their team's history. They've, honestly, had a pretty easy schedule so far but still they've beaten the Jag's (Who were sometimes picked to win teh AFC South) and the Baltimore Ravens, who had the best D in the leauge at the time. Tonight the Titans are taking on the Colts on Monday Night Football. For all you Europeans that don't really know too much about American football, the MNF game is usally, the most watched Football game of the week. I don't really know about this week because it's going against the World Series.

This has seemed like an all American blog with American politics, and American Football so let's talk about the great Far Cry 2! Well I've been playing A LOT of it lately and enjoying near every single minute of it. This game is so great, after you get past the begining. I've also started to enjoy the online a lot more. I'm still disappointed by the Ranked matches. I'm always lagging out of the matches but when I play regular unranked matches, it goes extremely smooth. I also need to update it with some map editor impressions. I've heard a lot of people saying, "This is the best map editor in a game ever"...no, well not in my opinon. I have so much trouble just trying to put a slight hill down and when I try and put a bridge, it get's incredibly frustrating. Honestly, I think I don't like it because I suck with it. I'm currently about 48% through ( I think) and started a review but only wrote about a paragraph and quit because I don't think I've played enough MP yet.

Well, before I sign off I'd just like to say, this weekend, my computer and my TV screwed up. Both became very dark and just completely screwed up after a while. So I borrowed my mothers monitor until Christmas where I wil get me a new computer. I picked up a new TV yesterday, and it, simply put, blows balls. The color is continuously screwing up, it keeps turning black and white so probably in a couple days we'll take it back and get me a nice flat-screen one. Tomorrow me and my friend are going to Gamestop directly after school to pick up LittleBigPlanet and Fallout 3. I will give you all some impressions after a while. Before I go, I would like to say, you should all listen to TheGamerFix podcast! It's very entertaining. So if you don't, then do! And also, big props to Gorillawhat for giving me a CoD: World at War Beta key thanks. Well until next time, this has been Jay Malone asking, where's my games!?!?

coonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By coonce

two quick replies:

• titans are killing it (and if you don't think i'm taking them in my pick 'em league tonight over indy - you're crazy)
    • if you're that into politics - check out our sister site www.politicalbase.com
    TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheGamerGeek

This is why I like the whole blog forum post thing, because people like coonce that may never have ever read one of my blogs before, saw this blog posted on the forum and commented it, great idea coonce!

AttackedCamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AttackedCamo

I'm all ready for voting. Lets do this! 

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Bennyishere

Far Cry 2 is pretty amazing. I'm at 54 percent myself. Haven't tried it online yet, but I usually hold that off until after the singleplayer.
    I'd vote for Obama too. Really, McCain is retarded. I can not grasp how anyone would vote for him after seeing his speeches. "Let's all vote for the dude who blinks a lot and hugs the air and talks to his invisible friends."

insanegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By insanegamer

well since i am not from America but always hear about it i just wouldn't vote because i hate poltics.

Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Balls

Wow, for a 14 yr old you type really smart and sexy.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Xandurson

I'm 17 and I miss the elections by a year but I'm a McCain fan. Anyways, congrats on your Titans! 7-0 now!! I'm a Lions fan (cause I live in MI) and obviously they're not doing so hot *cough*0-6*cough* but I've watched every single game since I was 5 so it's a pretty big deal. Also, Far Cry 2 looks pretty sweet to me.

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Subway

Titans are fucking god

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheGamerGeek

Yes Subway, yes they are.

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By godzilla_sushi

I'm having serious connection issues with Far Cry 2 also. I can't seem to figure out why but it's definitely affecting how I feel about the game. I didn't even think that the mutliplayer would draw me in and it's been a great to play. Not perfect mechanically, but a lot of fun.

Hopefully it gets cleaned up or something. Not a bad game at all.

ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By ltcoljaxson

Bridges are very easy to make. I don't know what version you are using, but on the PC editor you first place the bridge in the area you want it. It might not be at the right height when you place it, but don't worry. Click on it again with the Move Tool, then it will be highlighted. Click and hold on the little blue arrow when the object is highlighted to raise the piece. This is how I make bridges, just place all the pieces across where they go, and raise them up to the right height across the gap.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Lies

"prosorous"?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.