Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

The sequel to the original Far Cry dispenses with Jack Carver, and moves the action to a war-consumed Africa complete with an open-ended storyline involving civil war, several hours of missions, heated gunplay, and a slew of dynamic elements powered by a new engine.

Only sprint in straight path but few straight paths in jungles?

Avatar image for deactivated-60a8233baa5c9
    deactivated-60a8233baa5c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I found that odd about FarCry 2, you are only allowed to sprint in a straight line, but there are barely any straight paths in a jungle.

It felt really odd to me when it came to navigating the terrain

anyone else feel the same?

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By StaticFalconar

yeah, but I think it was intentional, so its not like its gonna be pacthed or soemthng.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Yeah, another idiotic problem that plagues Far Cry 2. Even if do just run straight, you guy gets tired after like 20 feet and stops running.

Stevokenevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Stevokenevo
    TheGreatGuero said:
    "Yeah, another idiotic problem that plagues Far Cry 2. Even if do just run straight, you guy gets tired after like 20 feet and stops running."
    Thats a gameplay mechanic, you start out with malaria so you can only sprint short distances, as you progress and get more medicine, your sprinting stamina increases.
    fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By fr0br0

I just hated the fact that your vision gets blurry if you get tired. Pretty awesome to include a mechanic like that, but it always gave me a headache.

Stevokenevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Stevokenevo

It is abit of a pain i agree, but as someone who does regularly do alot of running i can tell you that after sprinting flat out, vision sometimes does get blurred  0_o

I still havent been able to decide whether this case of realism makes the game better or more convoluted....

JiggyDino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JiggyDino
    Jman522 said:
    "I found that odd about FarCry 2, you are only allowed to sprint in a straight line, but there are barely any straight paths in a jungle.

Try sprinting in the Savannah and the Desert.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.