This game is still wrapped up.....

#1 Posted by ShogunSupremacy (141 posts) -

I was wonderingif you all think I should crack open the game and start playing it? I really didnt like Far Cry  but it was good for a 1st gen game....WHat do you all think? Play it? or eBay it?

#2 Posted by mxdirector (45 posts) -

well far cry 1 has nothing to do with far cry 2. there is no connection between the games, not even in its gameplay.
the only connection is that it is a fps.

just play it, youll love it at first, then youll realise how crap  and boring it is. but its a good game for the first 2 hours.

#3 Posted by ShogunSupremacy (141 posts) -

sweet so one day when i know I have 2 hours to kill I will cut it open, thanks! lol

#4 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Quick! Toss it into a fire!

#5 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Eh, despite all the hate (Which the game doesn't deserve) I found it pretty enjoyable, albeit I still haven't finished... Still, it's a hella fun game.

#6 Posted by ShogunSupremacy (141 posts) -
TheGreatGuero said:
Quick! Toss it into a fire!

Well no, I could at least sell it, then if no one buys it I know its bad and then in the fire it goes! hah
#7 Edited by Captain_Fookup (1519 posts) -

Putting that game in the microwave would be more entertaining than in your xbox 360.

#8 Posted by Drebin_893 (2903 posts) -

I love that game. I really, really, really loved the last 3 hours.

#9 Posted by ShogunSupremacy (141 posts) -

Well damn one guy like the first 2 hours, and the guy above loved the last 3 hours.....hel thats 5 solid hours of awesomeness!!!!! lol Who knows maybe Far Cry 2 will be rather good....hmmmm!!!!!

#10 Posted by Hairydutchman (1039 posts) -

I didn't like one hour of it.

Well that's not true, I enjoyed the multiplayer for two hours.

#11 Edited by ShogunSupremacy (141 posts) -

Damn the time keep rollin along for this game....maybe this is the hidden game of the year! (please note or imagine the sarcasim ;))

#12 Edited by Il_Zio (15 posts) -

For the first few hours I thought I was playing a masterpiece, then you relise how deeply flawed the game is, it's a fustrating experience especially considering how good it could have been.   Without quicksave i.e. the non-pc versions I wouldn't buy it,  it would be too painful an experience, the pc version  might be worth it.

#13 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

I'd advise you to leave it there.
Or better yet, trade it in for STALKER.

#14 Posted by Aas (603 posts) -

I've finished the game two and half times, I don't get the hate.

#15 Posted by ShogunSupremacy (141 posts) -
atejas said:
I'd advise you to leave it there.Or better yet, trade it in for STALKER.

What is Stalker?
#16 Posted by Stephen_Von_Cloud (1530 posts) -

I wasn't a fan of the game at all.  The driving from point to point was monotonous, the structure of getting missions and all wasn't well designed, the weapon system was annoying, the enemy respawns were terrible, the fights at checkpoints were tedious and annoying, and the bugs ruined the game for me.   I got to a point where I simply couldn't progress.   This might be fixed now but the other problems can't be.  It was a big let down.  At times it captured the open nature of combat that made me love Far Cry but mostly it was a terrible experience.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.