What did you hate the most ?

#1 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
#2 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

i hated the MAPS most of all... the pointer is too big and usually on the SIDE of the road on the map which makes me take the wrong PATH during some critical times... so annoying

YOU?
#3 Posted by Snipzor (3317 posts) -

I actually love this game. So.. I guess what I'm trying to say is, to each their own.

Wait a second, what the hell is wrong with the voice acting? Or the buddies? Or the health system? Or the shooting? I know it isn't your cup of tea, but now you are just complaining about the coasters and the artwork on the cups themselves.
#4 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3091 posts) -

I remember just hating the fact that no matter who's side of the conflict you mainly worked for, people from both sides would end up shooting at you. It would have been awesome if I could retain any kind of feedback from my allies other than a bullet.

#5 Posted by DJ_Lae (629 posts) -

The guard posts. There were minor annoyances with other aspects of the game (like the ridiculously truncated voice clips) but none as offensive as the respawning guard posts.

#6 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Snipzor said:
" I actually love this game. So.. I guess what I'm trying to say is, to each their own.

Wait a second, what the hell is wrong with the voice acting? Or the buddies? Or the health system? Or the shooting? I know it isn't your cup of tea, but now you are just complaining about the coasters and the artwork on the cups themselves.
"
if i mention all of those it doesnt mean i hate them  -_-  they are options for people who hate them, if there are any. if there arent then they stay unchosen ..
#7 Posted by FlipperDesert (2083 posts) -

The shooting, nine times out of ten I wasn't hitting anything, or they felt like bullet sponges, and that's bad.

#8 Posted by hamlaser (230 posts) -

Guard Posts. I also dislike how I shoot a man wearing only a shirt for protection in the chest 3 times with a G3 and hes still running after me.

#9 Edited by CoverlessTech (746 posts) -

I actually just installed the game on my computer again the other day to give it another chance. I gotta say as much as I hate those guard post that the long driving is whats killing it for me this time around. It just feels like all I am ever doing is going somewhere, and when I get there well there isn't a whole lot to do.

#10 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@CoverlessTech said:
" I actually just installed the game on my computer again the other day to give it another chance. I gotta say as much as I hate those guard post that the long driving is whats killing it for me this time around. "
quick advice: you're gonna get so bored and frustrated that you'll probably throw the game away halfway through.. Don't. you will regret it. i did that and now i picked it up after like a year and playing it again. though theres much to hate/dislike, the overall experience is really unique. keep on keeping on bro !
#11 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

The map made me stop playing the game. It pissed me off so much.

#12 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" The map made me stop playing the game. It pissed me off so much. "
hahaha i feel you dude
#13 Posted by Brendan (7780 posts) -

I meant to play through all of it, but the copy I rented busted when I was 3/4 of the way through the game, and the endlessly annoying guard posts and long driving kept me from re-renting a different copy.  Not a terrible game by any means, but it had enough sticking points with me that I didn't really feel like finishing it.

#14 Posted by Illmatic (1358 posts) -

I didn't get a chance to hate most of this stuff. I got my first gun, let off a few run, hated the feel of it, and returned the game.

#15 Posted by zzZBibboZzz (147 posts) -

the mutiplayer. i had high hopes for local split screen...

#16 Posted by CoverlessTech (746 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @CoverlessTech said:
" I actually just installed the game on my computer again the other day to give it another chance. I gotta say as much as I hate those guard post that the long driving is whats killing it for me this time around. "
quick advice: you're gonna get so bored and frustrated that you'll probably throw the game away halfway through.. Don't. you will regret it. i did that and now i picked it up after like a year and playing it again. though theres much to hate/dislike, the overall experience is really unique. keep on keeping on bro ! "
I actually plan on finishing it eventually. I quit on it back when it launched and just restarted it.
#17 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@CoverlessTech:  haha just like me! alrighty then
#18 Posted by chichibanu (10 posts) -

has anyone had the problem with the 360 version where your save games become corrupted and basically you have to start a new game!!
This has happened to me twice now around the 55% completion mark. And i just bought myself that flame thrower!

#19 Posted by Hairydutchman (1039 posts) -

Random hostiles, respawning guard points, weapons that jam. Ugh.

#20 Posted by Nerje (59 posts) -

The endless and vicious guard posts first, followed by the lack of pauses in between sentences in the voice acting.  It was a little bit tiring listening to characters speak.

#21 Posted by Pazy (2565 posts) -

What I didnt like wasent on this list, too many times during a mission or just roaming I lost my vehicle then had to walk places. That sucked to high heaven. Luckely I didnt really enjoy the game in general so I didnt have to put up with it for long.

#22 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Nerje said:
" The endless and vicious guard posts first, followed by the lack of pauses in between sentences in the voice acting.  It was a little bit tiring listening to characters speak. "
haha i know right? xD thats why i included the voice acting. lol dude

@Pazy said:
" What I didnt like wasent on this list, too many times during a mission or just roaming I lost my vehicle then had to walk places. That sucked to high heaven. . "
i dont really remember losing my car much, i remember always getting back to it. and if i didnt i always find a nearby enemy car to take
#23 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -

I hated the fact that they said stealth would be a key component, when it blatantly wasnt. I remember one time, I was perched up on a 200 metre high cliff, surrounded by bushes, prone, wearing a full camo suit, whilst weilding a silenced sniper rifle.

I shoot a guy in a camp about 300-400 metres away, and they INSTANTLY knew precisely where i was......

#24 Posted by Dudacles (1451 posts) -

I adore this game. Yes, it's flawed, but I don't care. I still love this game's feel.

#25 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@dudacles said:
" I adore this game. Yes, it's flawed, but I don't care. I still love this game's feel. "
you dont have to hate the game in order to hate a certain flaw.
im sure atleast one of the options in the poll you hated very much
#26 Posted by PeasForFees (2411 posts) -

The length the last 15 hours after the first 15 were like a chore

#27 Posted by Dudacles (1451 posts) -

Well, at first, the ever-present  guardposts put me off a bit, but after I realised that they're quite easily avoided by taking a small detour, that ceased to be an issue. Other than that, none of the stuff in your poll struck me as genuinely annoying.

#28 Posted by Drebin_893 (2912 posts) -

The driving, that was pretty much the only thing I didn't like.

#29 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

The endless amount of driving and the fact that you run into hostile enemies every minute or so

oh, and getting out to repair you're car every couple fucking minutes, seriously some parts of this game pissed me off so much...

#30 Edited by Muttinus_Rump (814 posts) -

The driving wasn't so bad for me as I always tried to use paths that miss guard points and I took the buses a lot. Though the think I disliked the most was the random encounters on the roads, but having a car with a turret sorts that right out.

#31 Posted by Kohe321 (3524 posts) -

Guard points.

#32 Posted by super_machine (1930 posts) -

Other. The freezes, crashes, game ending glitch. But a lot of other issues as well.

#33 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

The driving would have been fine if the encounters were dynamic and varied.
As it stands, they killed the fucking game.

#34 Posted by fallen_elite (380 posts) -

most options in a poll evar

I chose A.

#35 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

I never quite got why people go out of their way to run smear campaigns against this game.  Anyways, I'm not some blind fanboy of the game who loved everything about it, and the one thing that was most noticeable to me was the clipped sounding voice acting.

#36 Posted by regularassmilk (1398 posts) -

I hate the people who make polls because they dislike Far Cry 2.

#37 Posted by MementoMori (189 posts) -

The guard points - you have to kill everything there or they chase you. You run out of ammo after about 2 guard points because of how shit your guns aim.

AI - they can snipe you through bushes miles away.

Wasting £30 on it.

The shit multiplayer where your level resets after each game (??!?)

The fucking mission door staying closed and breaking the fucking game

#38 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I hated all the guard camps and their respawning nazi guards. I hated the ridiculous amount of slow-paced driving on that enormous world. I say slow-paced because roads had so many twists and turns and you had to stop about every 5 minutes to get a new car. Needing to look at the map in first person view like that sucked. The shooting wasn't so bad but you run out of ammo so quickly and are discouraged from using enemy weapons since they jam and break. The fact that everyone in the game will shoot you on sight for no apparent reason. The fact that enemies can see through items and know exactly where you are even when you're hidden. The way that the guards have nearly perfect aim. How lame and glitchy sprinting was. The health system did suck too. The fact that each mission you did required like a 10-15 minute drive to get somewhere. I think I have said enough.

#39 Posted by oobs (338 posts) -

i didn't go much on the controls on the 360..was abit to twitchy for my liking

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.