Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

The sequel to the original Far Cry dispenses with Jack Carver, and moves the action to a war-consumed Africa complete with an open-ended storyline involving civil war, several hours of missions, heated gunplay, and a slew of dynamic elements powered by a new engine.

Wont let me heal wounded buddy (2nd Playthrough PC Version)

piropeople13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By piropeople13

So this didn't happen to me in my first playthrough.  I'm on the PC version.  Whenever my buddy is downed (which is every time, I'm playing on hardcore) it won't let me heal them with a syrette, it only draws the deagle.  I've tried pressing H, 2, -, and = which are the buttons it says to use to heal but none of them work.  Whatever I do my guy just pulls out the deagle.  The first time this happened I tried for quite awhile to see if I could get him to pull out the syrette before giving up and pulling the trigger, and now this is the third time that this has happened to me.

Oh and something else worth a mention.  I think my whole game screwed up.  Some of the statistics in the statistics page in the pause menu are from my last playthrough (bullets fired), and some are plain wrong (1/12 buddy missions done when I have done 4).  Also, Quaderni or whatever that Indian fellow's name was was my first secondary rescue buddy.  And every time he rescued me, after he dragged me away and healed me as soon as i got up he would fill me full of holes with his AK-47 every time without fail (I finally got him with my machete after this happened 6 times.

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong with my game?  Again none of this stuff happened on my first playthrough.  Thanks for the help.

piropeople13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By piropeople13

Does anyone know?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_

I had this problem yesterday. I was doing a mission in the junk yard with Josip, and no matter what I did I could not get there in time to save him. So I loaded my save from just before that mission (at a safehouse close by), structured it for a getaway that was ridiculously smooth, did the mission slow and steady to eliminate obstacles, and completed it. Then I jumped in a car, drove as fast as possible over to my buddy, and ran over all of the enemies before they could fire an entire magazine.

Basically, restart the mission and be sure to get there fast and not let your body get raped.

piropeople13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By piropeople13

I really wish that I could heal him just like I could in the first playthrough.  Is it a glitch or does it have something to with me playing on hardcore difficulty?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Jayge_
    piropeople13 said:
    "I really wish that I could heal him just like I could in the first playthrough.  Is it a glitch or does it have something to with me playing on hardcore difficulty?"
    It's not so much a glitch as it is a result of how you handle the mission. Part of Far Cry 2's design is the fact that it is fluid; buddies can die, people step up to take the place, life goes on, and it's fairly dynamic. This means that there really isn't too much that is done to protect your buddies besides your ability to revive them (and even that is not possible sometimes). I play on the console version, so I don't know about spawning buddies with commands or whether or not your game is glitched. I do know that when a buddy is going to die, you can either OD him on pain meds or shoot him.
    piropeople13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By piropeople13

In my first playthrough something like you described happened with Andre.  I had done at least ten missions with him and was really starting to like him and appreciate him, then he was downed in a gunfight in a village.  i shoved three syringes into him one after another but he still died, i was really upset.  But now it won't even let me take out the syringe to try to heal Paul now in my second playthrough.  This is the third time in a row that it has happened.  i am going to try redoing the mission like you said.  Do you have any other ideas?

By the way, thanks a ton for all the responses and help you have given me Jayge!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.