Your Coolest Moment in this Game

#1 Edited by kmdrkul (3499 posts) -

So I was playing earlier, speeding down a river in one of the boats.  Absolutely hauling ass.  I did not even realize it until I turned around, that I had sped through an encampment and that I soon had a boat trailing me.  So I round the bend, park my boat, get out my rocket launcher and fire.  I nailed the enemy boat, which promptly went flying into the air, directly over where I had been standing, and it landed on the little road that was paralleling the river.  Easily my coolest experience in this game so far.

#2 Posted by cgrady (104 posts) -

So many good ones. Running into a guy with a jeep and launching him off a cliff really far into a river was pretty awesome

#3 Posted by rohanspear345 (362 posts) -

catching a wild zebra with my MACHETE and pulling a piece of rebar out of my chest

#4 Posted by Psynapse (1084 posts) -
rohanspear345 said:
"catching a wild zebra with my MACHETE and pulling a piece of rebar out of my chest"

Ahh huh...
#5 Posted by jakob187 (22335 posts) -

My coolest moment?  When I decided to take the effort of getting out of my chair and turning off the 360.

I haven't been able to get into the game.  It takes too long to get moving along at a decent pace, the multiplayer is shoddy as hell, and the game is just generally TOO open...like Oblivion...

Oh, and any game where someone thinks it's a good idea to put guns jamming into it should be shot on fucking sight with said jammed weapon.  Fuck that shit.

And anyone who is about to say "well, weapons jamming is realistic" should be shot on sight for believing weapon degradation is a good idea.

Granted, despite all that bile...it's a good game.  Just because I have my issues with it doesn't mean it isn't good.  It just means that I find a lot of things in the game that piss me off more than anything.  I just can't seem to enjoy the game because there is so much stupid shit in here.

BTW...does anyone else's shadows in the game look like cross-hatched shadowing done in a comic book?  Because mine does.  =  /  On four different 360s, I got the same results.
#6 Posted by Gunner612 (4390 posts) -

going hunting using nothing but a jeep.

There was this one pretty emotional moment in the game were a buddy of mine died when it was my fault. That kind of made me realize that this game is epic.

#7 Posted by Gunner612 (4390 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"BTW...does anyone else's shadows in the game look like cross-hatched shadowing done in a comic book?  Because mine does.  =  /  On four different 360s, I got the same results."
Buy it for the PC and you'll never have to settle for half assed graphics.
#8 Posted by kmdrkul (3499 posts) -
Gunner said:
"going hunting using nothing but a jeep.

There was this one pretty emotional moment in the game were a buddy of mine died when it was my fault. That kind of made me realize that this game is epic."
Same thing happened to me.  Only I caught my buddy on fire with a flamethrower :(
#9 Posted by mikevanpwn (433 posts) -
Gunner said:
"jakob187 said:
"BTW...does anyone else's shadows in the game look like cross-hatched shadowing done in a comic book?  Because mine does.  =  /  On four different 360s, I got the same results."
Buy it for the PC and you'll never have to settle for half assed graphics."
I actually have heard better things about the console version than the PC one.

As for the shadows my 360 copy looks fine, and so does my brother's PS3 copy.
#10 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3244 posts) -

the healing moments in which I took a bullet out of my forearm using my teeth .

#11 Posted by Darknaut (127 posts) -

I got payback against all those speeding asshats who try to ram you when they see you. My car went careening off a cliff after I decided to watch the map more than the road. I rolled six times and, in the process, rolled right over two NPCs who had no idea what to do when they saw my Jeep Liberty tumbling towards them. Alas, my victory was short lived. I rolled into a yellow explosive barrel. The rest is history.

#12 Posted by Bennyishere (1746 posts) -

Probably when escaping from the central area in the southern part of the map, where you first meet the doctor and he stoically tells you that people are fighting outside. The dude at the door told me to take the back, which I did, but shit still hit the fan. I kept killing people thinking I could get them all, but eventually I just had to haul ass. It was intense.

#13 Posted by PitifullPete (147 posts) -

Sounds good. I'm more convinced to get this game. I'm only waiting bc i shouldnt sink too much time in it this week.

#14 Edited by Sushbag (336 posts) -

I was engaged in a close-range firefight with an enemy gunman, and at the worst possible time my AK jammed, and I'm like fuck. Then I hear this car engine coming closer, so I instinctively strafe and jump out of the way. This random car, driven by a crazed african, smashed through and destroyed a hovel before proceeding to brutally run down the enemy I was originally shooting at, essentially saving me. Awesome.

#15 Posted by Zaerus (156 posts) -

Having built up a big friendship with one of the buddies only to see them die later on without a single thing i could do, and driving around with a dead zebra on my jeep's hood...

#16 Edited by Zripwud (259 posts) -

There are too many awesome moments to tell the coolest one =P

#17 Posted by Rorschach (338 posts) -

Little bit into act 2, a buddy and I are assaulting an encampment, he's down and out, i'm almost dead. An enemy pops out from cover, fires his flare gun, starts a fire between me and his 5 cronies, burns them all to death. I have ow fell in love with that gun.

#18 Posted by ieatlions (749 posts) -

sneaking in to a village for an assasination attemp perfectly planning where i was going and how i was getting there , and seeing that plan fall to pieces because i missed a sniper shot by like half an inch , it was crazy. Close second is when ur out of syretts and your buddies on the ground ( if youve played the game you know wat happens)

#19 Posted by lamegame621 (1000 posts) -

I sniped a jeep driver and then followed suite by killing the gunner. guy ran up behind me and got a molotov to the face.

#20 Posted by ieatlions (749 posts) -

running across a grassy hill when the sun was rising

#21 Posted by Halopower67 (197 posts) -

running through the dense jungle while the sun was rising and with everything in Ultra High

#22 Posted by Cirdain (3404 posts) -

Chasing an enemy round a rock, aiming ready to shoot. Then there's an almighty explosion from a car that had been set on fire. A wheel flew past my shoulder and hit the enemy in the face. He then proceeded to die.

#23 Posted by BiggerBomb (7012 posts) -

Taking it out of my Xbox 360.

#24 Posted by Rorschach (338 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"Taking it out of my Xbox 360."
This is incredibly original.

#25 Posted by BiggerBomb (7012 posts) -
Rorschach said:
"BiggerBomb said:
"Taking it out of my Xbox 360."
This is incredibly original.

"

But incredibly true. Such a huge disappointment for me.
#26 Posted by MadeinFinland (835 posts) -

Two of them for me:

1) I had my sniper rifle out and ran up to my buddy to heal him. Instead of hitting 'H' to heal, I tapped the left mouse button...

2) I managed to fly the glider without hitting anything - for at least twenty seconds

#27 Edited by Al3xand3r (7912 posts) -

I just liked setting stuff on fire (I don't do that in real life :P), there was something... mesmerising about it, hearing the crackling and watching it spread on the grass and trees >_>

I wish it had better AI behaviour so you could do more fancy crap while stealthing about...

#28 Posted by Benjamin_Sisko (21 posts) -

I was during ACT 1 when I was sent to kill the dethroned king. After I killed him my buddy was waiting for me at the randevouz to get the loot. After we find it we get ambushed all over with no cover. There's bullets flying everywhere and I turn to see my buddy lying on the ground. I give him a syrette which should have helped but he asked for another, and another until he eventually died in my arms. That's how I got the "goodnight sweet prince" achievement. I had gotten really attatched to that buddy. 

#29 Posted by atejas (3151 posts) -

There was this one time when I was wandering through the Garbage, and I was ambushed by a group of bandits.

While I was pinned down in a building, a pack of pseudodogs finished them off, and then THEY were attacked by some Loner buddies, allowing me to escape.

Oh wait-


#30 Posted by Captain_Fookup (1526 posts) -

My coolest moment in Far Cry 2 was trading it in to Blockbuster and getting 45 dollar trade in credit for it.

#31 Posted by Camelizer (145 posts) -

Shooting an enemy with a sniper rifle but only injuring him then proceeding to shoot the remaining three enemies in a row as they each picked him up in turn. Then walking up and finishing off the injured guy with a point blank shot from my pistol as he crawled around on the ground.

#32 Posted by Marshall109 (37 posts) -

Going on an epic journey down a river to assassinate a person, Apocalypse Now style.

#33 Posted by Bucketdeth (8234 posts) -
@Captain_Fookup said:
"My coolest moment in Far Cry 2 was trading it in to Blockbuster and getting 45 dollar trade in credit for it. "

Well that wouldn't be in Farcry 2.
#34 Posted by Rapture (284 posts) -

I hid in the shade and sniped an entire riverside garrison/camp without been noticed.

#35 Edited by T0mF5 (937 posts) -

When I decided to never play the single player again. 
 
Edit: On my third time playing through the game I managed to not get a game-breaking glitch and was able to complete the game.

#36 Posted by Akeldama (4335 posts) -

making roadkill out of zebras in my jeep is always a good for a laugh. 

#37 Posted by Stephen_Von_Cloud (1537 posts) -

When I had to get malaria medicine from some guy, and I had to stand in this doorway to do it, and every time I got the medicine from him I'd get stuck in the doorway and I could never move on because otherwise you just die from the malaria.

Fun game.

#38 Posted by pause422 (6264 posts) -

None come to mind.

#39 Posted by Bubahula (2224 posts) -

i had to kill a guy who was being driven in a suv across the desert, i was under a tree half a kilometer away . used my last sniper shot to pick off the driver, the car stops at the edge of the desert and the guy in the suit im supposed to kill starts running through the grasss, i ran after him for a minute then i stopped took out my silenced 9mm and popped him in the head from 50 meters away. that was an awesome feeling

or putting a bomb on the hood of my car and ramming a convoy with it. there are so many sick ass moments in that game

#40 Posted by kmdrkul (3499 posts) -
@Bubahula said:
"

i had to kill a guy who was being driven in a suv across the desert, i was under a tree half a kilometer away . used my last sniper shot to pick off the driver, the car stops at the edge of the desert and the guy in the suit im supposed to kill starts running through the grasss, i ran after him for a minute then i stopped took out my silenced 9mm and popped him in the head from 50 meters away. that was an awesome feeling

or putting a bomb on the hood of my car and ramming a convoy with it. there are so many sick ass moments in that game

"
There really were.  I mean, the game wasn't perfect, and of course people insist on pointing out the negative aspects of it, but as a whole the game really was something special.
#41 Posted by Bubahula (2224 posts) -
@kmdrkul said:
"@Bubahula said:
"

i had to kill a guy who was being driven in a suv across the desert, i was under a tree half a kilometer away . used my last sniper shot to pick off the driver, the car stops at the edge of the desert and the guy in the suit im supposed to kill starts running through the grasss, i ran after him for a minute then i stopped took out my silenced 9mm and popped him in the head from 50 meters away. that was an awesome feeling

or putting a bomb on the hood of my car and ramming a convoy with it. there are so many sick ass moments in that game

"
There really were.  I mean, the game wasn't perfect, and of course people insist on pointing out the negative aspects of it, but as a whole the game really was something special."

defs it annoys me when haters of the game seem to have only played the first 10 min, because the start of it doesnt really highlight any of the awesome stuff  you get into
#42 Posted by Stephen_Von_Cloud (1537 posts) -
@Bubahula said:
" @kmdrkul said:
"@Bubahula said:
"

i had to kill a guy who was being driven in a suv across the desert, i was under a tree half a kilometer away . used my last sniper shot to pick off the driver, the car stops at the edge of the desert and the guy in the suit im supposed to kill starts running through the grasss, i ran after him for a minute then i stopped took out my silenced 9mm and popped him in the head from 50 meters away. that was an awesome feeling

or putting a bomb on the hood of my car and ramming a convoy with it. there are so many sick ass moments in that game

"
There really were.  I mean, the game wasn't perfect, and of course people insist on pointing out the negative aspects of it, but as a whole the game really was something special."
defs it annoys me when haters of the game seem to have only played the first 10 min, because the start of it doesnt really highlight any of the awesome stuff  you get into "
In the haters defense, that game had some awesome moments but it was a shit sandwich mainly.  A lot of shit to get to the good parts.

I had some awesome moments, one awesome one where I fought enemies in a trainyard and really shaped the fight by setting fire to the grass in the middle of the trainyard (which helped me from being overwhelmed.  The fights in the right environments work well, but there are just a ton of awful design decisions.
#43 Posted by kmdrkul (3499 posts) -
@Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
" @Bubahula said:
" @kmdrkul said:
"@Bubahula said:
"

i had to kill a guy who was being driven in a suv across the desert, i was under a tree half a kilometer away . used my last sniper shot to pick off the driver, the car stops at the edge of the desert and the guy in the suit im supposed to kill starts running through the grasss, i ran after him for a minute then i stopped took out my silenced 9mm and popped him in the head from 50 meters away. that was an awesome feeling

or putting a bomb on the hood of my car and ramming a convoy with it. there are so many sick ass moments in that game

"
There really were.  I mean, the game wasn't perfect, and of course people insist on pointing out the negative aspects of it, but as a whole the game really was something special."
defs it annoys me when haters of the game seem to have only played the first 10 min, because the start of it doesnt really highlight any of the awesome stuff  you get into "
In the haters defense, that game had some awesome moments but it was a shit sandwich mainly.  A lot of shit to get to the good parts.I had some awesome moments, one awesome one where I fought enemies in a trainyard and really shaped the fight by setting fire to the grass in the middle of the trainyard (which helped me from being overwhelmed.  The fights in the right environments work well, but there are just a ton of awful design decisions. "
I actually remember the trainyard... remember it being tough.  I think what turned a lot of people away was the repetitiveness of the driving; I mean, the game did give you a mission that was always on the opposite side of the map and required you to drive there.  For me the driving was actually fun in itself because it was so awesome driving through the countryside.  The stupid enemy outposts got really annoying, though.
#44 Posted by Bubahula (2224 posts) -

also people were bitchin at how enemies could shoot at you from far away, but i found that to be awesome, when im running from tree to tree, in an extensive patch of open grassland, trying to get to a caslte a kilometre away and there are bullets hissing by, it makes it super immersive and intense when you have to lure the sniper, out to shoot so that you can figure out where he is and shoot him off of the tower.

#45 Posted by TheHT (12347 posts) -

just started playing, but the second guard post place thingy i came across, i was in a pretty heavy firefight, taking cover behing my truck when i suddenly hear an engine behind me. i dunno why but i just stood there listening to it get closer only to turn around finally to see a truck speeding right at me. musta been about 3 feet away when i high tailed it to the left only to watch him slam right into my already beaten up ride. :(

needless to say i killed the driver and his guard post friends.

Online

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.