Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

The sequel to the original Far Cry dispenses with Jack Carver, and moves the action to a war-consumed Africa complete with an open-ended storyline involving civil war, several hours of missions, heated gunplay, and a slew of dynamic elements powered by a new engine.

Your opinion

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I was just wondering, if this game was any better, what do you think would have been nice to see, hear, or what have you, in Far Cry 2? 

Personally, I think it's a good game. 8.5 out of 10 maybe? But a lot holds me back from feeling it could have reached its full potential. A bit of ideas that would have made the game more appealing to me are:  

-  
    Have a score reminiscent of the film Blood Diamond. Since it's in a large landscape, I felt if only they had a more cinematic touch to it, it could have brought more beauty to the atmosphere. 

A single character to become attatched to instead of picking through characters who I don't really care for. And spoken dialogue from him (or her) as well. 

-  
    Civilians when going to certain villiages with set sequences to add to the story instead of just going to destination to destination; better story. 

Overall I just feel as if the game could have been a lot more emotional in the setting it's depicted in, and whatever I feel was needed would probably change the game in many ways. Doesn't mean better for everyone, but certainly for me it would.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By xyzygy

I love the game. Very immersive and one of the best survival-based games I've played. IT's not everyone though, especially if you have a short attention span.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By hatking

I wanted to like the game, I really did, I gave it a entire year to grab me.  I bought it around Christmas 2008 and sold it when I bought Mass Effect 2.  I tried to get into it, and I did a few times, but it just couldn't hold me.  Not sure specifically what was wrong with it, maybe that it forced you to walk everywhere or drive on the roads to stop and fight some pricks in a jeep every couple minutes... argh... it makes me mad thinking about it.  I really wish there were just a few things different about the game because I really did want to like it and there were some parts that I totally enjoyed.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NTM
    @xyzygy said:
    "I love the game. Very immersive and one of the best survival-based games I've played. IT's not everyone though, especially if you have a short attention span. "

Did you try to type "IT's not for everyone"? Miss a word? And I know what you're saying.
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NTM
    @HatKing said:
    "

I wanted to like the game, I really did, I gave it a entire year to grab me.  I bought it around Christmas 2008 and sold it when I bought Mass Effect 2.  I tried to get into it, and I did a few times, but it just couldn't hold me.  Not sure specifically what was wrong with it, maybe that it forced you to walk everywhere or drive on the roads to stop and fight some pricks in a jeep every couple minutes... argh... it makes me mad thinking about it.  I really wish there were just a few things different about the game because I really did want to like it and there were some parts that I totally enjoyed.

"

I see what you're saying. Yeah I think I feel the same way in sorts.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By c1337us

I tried to get into it but it just didn't grab me for long enough to play right through it.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @NTM:  this poll pretty much tells u allllll the things in the game that held me back from beating it.
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NTM

I never beat it either! Ahhh!
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Whisperkill

I would have liked if the vehicles didn't break down every 5 seconds. That would have made it better

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Alexander

I haven't finished the game, I appreciate that's it's a good one and will get round to it one day. The multiplayer was surprisingly solid and I have returned to that on a number of occasions.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.