holabendez's Far Cry 2 (Xbox 360) review

Waaay too long

Ubisoft tried something a little different, taking a first person shooter and trying to make it open world. Unfortunately by not having anywhere near enough variety when it came to gameplay options, the game just ends up feeling unnecessarily long and drawn out. It lacks any really plot and while the visuals are fantastic as a package it really wasn’t enough to keep me engaged. By the end I was just burning through the main storyline to get to the end. No way I was going to go through all the side missions as well. A good game, but just waaay too long

Other reviews for Far Cry 2 (Xbox 360)

Beautiful world marred by many questionable design choices 0

Set in a fictional country in Africa, you begin Far Cry 2 as a just-landed mercenary sent to kill a notorious-but-elusive arms dealer. After a relatively lengthy opening and an introductory mission, you’re thrown into the open world with a knife, a gun (along with the ability to buy more), and a map and GPS unit that conveniently point the location of all available missions.From a graphical perspective, traveling through the world of Far Cry 2 is a joy: trees and bushes react so satisfyingly to ...