Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Apr 30, 2013

Inspired by the sci-fi action movies of the 1980s, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is a standalone expansion to 2012's Far Cry 3, switching a modern tropical setting with the neon-covered retro-future of 2007.

The pistol should have been upgradeable into dual pistols.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zeik

The pistol was a very underwhelming weapon very quickly. The only thing it had going for it was the silencer, and the bow was still a better silent weapon. Dual pistols could have made up for that though, and most importantly, it's way more fitting for an 80's action star badass.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dual wielding guns didn't become popular in movies till the 90's.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

John Woo and Chow Yun Fat say fuck you.

A Better Tomorrow and Hard Boiled popularised it. Dual Wielding was awesomely 80s.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering the movie that gun is referencing, that would be pretty strange.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

That pistol is straight up from Robocop ( I think) so it would be weird. Buut also dual pistols are the best so I would have enjoyed that. I look forward to getting this on a steam sale

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Akyho

Then you my friend do not understand what made that gun so awesome in Robocop.

Loading Video...

IT IS that single handed stance that makes, its supposed to be such a powerful gun that you only need ONE! While its a bit underpowered to most things in Blood Dragon when you walking around a bunker aiming for the heads of the normal soldiers fucking bad-ass feeling goes through me and I MEAN WALKING AND POPPING!

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zeik

Unfortunately, I never felt like a badass while using that gun. It was basically a peashooter compared to the other weapons in the game. (At least on Hard.)

Dual pistols was just an idea for making it less worthless (which seemed fitting simply because he's holding dual pistols in one of the achievement pictures), but one would have been fine if they had given it better upgrades.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

On a semi-unrealated note, robocop sucks.

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
    TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By TheBluthCompany
    KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

The pistol is still better than the assault rifle. Maybe it's great when you upgrade to lasers, but as it stands that thing blows. It takes way too many shots to kill dudes and the recoil is annoying. I've barely used it. I think the weapon damage in general is unbalanced. The shotgun, bow, and sniper-rifle are incredibly powerful and can one-shot most normal enemies while the pistol and machine gun feel vastly underpowered by comparison. I still like the pistol because it looks cool and is fun to use. Also,

No. HELL no.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Zeik

@onekillwonder_: The SMG is easily the best weapon in the game after a few upgrades, excluding the Killstar. Once you get the laser upgrade it mows down anything in seconds. (Besides Blood Dragons, but it's pretty good against them too.)

I found the Shotgun fairly underwhelming. A 4-barrel shotgun that shoots fire rounds sounds awesome, but it used up way too much ammo and the damage isn't as great as you would think, the reload animation takes way too long, and the fire rounds tended to backfire on me more than help too.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Vonocourt

@clonedzero said:

No Caption Provided

He's not even looking in either of the two different directions he's aiming at man!

@onekillwonder_ said:

The pistol is still better than the assault rifle. Maybe it's great when you upgrade to lasers, but as it stands that thing blows. It takes way too many shots to kill dudes and the recoil is annoying. I've barely used it. I think the weapon damage in general is unbalanced. The shotgun, bow, and sniper-rifle are incredibly powerful and can one-shot most normal enemies while the pistol and machine gun feel vastly underpowered by comparison. I still like the pistol because it looks cool and is fun to use. Also,

The assault rifle really buffs up with the attachments, took Blood Dragons down pretty easily.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Legion_

@akyho: Kurtwood Smith is so good in that movie! Also, after watching Community, I can't watch Robocop without thinking of Kickpucher.

Pudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigboss1911: Quit trolling. It is impossible to not like Robocop. It's a perfect film.

And no man. Using Robocop's pistol and Arnie's shotgun from T2 is like 75% of why Blood Dragon is an amazing game.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By BigBoss1911

@pudge said:

@bigboss1911: Quit trolling. It is impossible to not like Robocop. It's a perfect film.

And no man. Using Robocop's pistol and Arnie's shotgun from T2 is like 75% of why Blood Dragon is an amazing game.

I seriously do not like Robocop.

Pudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pudge said:

I seriously do not like Robocop.

Nope. You either haven't seen it or you didn't give it a chance or aliens have tampered with your mind. Either that or you don't like movies in general. If you enjoy video games and go to and enjoy Giant Bomb enough to post on the forums as much as you do, then you are a person who likes Robocop who is in denial. It is the only scenario that doesn't cause a time paradox that would force me to go back to 1987A. Don't make me go back there. Biker Gangs roam the streets.

(No but seriously, Robocop man. It's an amazing movie.)

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is it so hard to believe someone doesnt like RoboCop?
    I mean hes insane, sure, but surely its possible..

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#19  Edited By TheMasterDS

The gun just needed an upgrade to make it so it could kill dudes with its burst fire volleys. Seriously, what is the point of a burst fire gun that fires 3 shots if 3 shots to the chest doesn't kill a dude? Plus the fact that it burns through ammo faster than any other gun. Poor decisions all around. Once the Sniper Rifle got the explosive ammo and became invaluable I ditched the pistol for it.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clonedzero said:

No Caption Provided

He's not even looking in either of the two different directions he's aiming at man!

@onekillwonder_ said:

The assault rifle really buffs up with the attachments, took Blood Dragons down pretty easily.

Loading Video...

oh god i had to go look up the trailer for that movie. the beginning is priceless!

back on topic. i really didn't like the pistol much either. granted i LOVE RoboCop, but the gun felt kind of weak. and dual wielding is always cool. i wish the upgrade paths made it more powerful and completely over the top instead of just giving it a silencer.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By warxsnake

Take off the silencer if you are feeling that its weak, people forget that it is equipped almost by default because its part of the tutorial.

Personally my favorite weapon is the 1887 (shotgun) with semi auto and magazine upgrades, I play FC3BD like UT with the flak cannon; when I am not flying all over the place taking cyborgs down, im flying all over the place headshotting them with the shotty.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Like other's have said, the pistol seems superfluous, and in competition with better performing ordinance. It is not silent enough with the suppressor on, not much reach, and one handed situations aren't often.

My fav. is the upgraded sub-machine gun. like the pistol it seems a bit weak, but it has more reach and full auto w/laser rounds improve the punch. Also it has decent ammo capacity. While not immediately putting a NPR down, it will suppress them from firing at you. Closer in and in the beginning, against heavies I liked the shottie, it is my back up weapon. The upgraded rifle has become my strong weapon to the point I am abandoning the Terror.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Flagged.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I preferred the bow for most of the game. My loadout was usually Bow, Shotgun, Rifle and Sniper. Shotgun is hilarious when fully upgraded, Rifle just has an absurd amount of laser ammo, and the Sniper had fucking semi-auto explosive rounds and zero scope sway when upgraded. I used the bow for most things though.

Never really touched the pistol or flamethrower during most of the game, and only picked up the Terror after I had done everything but the missions. After I realized that your guy screams after firing the Terror for a certain amount of time, I couldn't stop using it. Went through so many bullets.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.