Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

Efficient hunting and crafting?

coder_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hi,

I bought this game a few weeks ago but I'm still unable to get into it. I love the environment and missions, but I'm finding crafting to be a huge hurdle. Without upgraded wallet and loot sack, I'm unable to pick up new stuff during missions. To upgrade, I need to wander around and hunt animals, hoping to find the right material. Usually my ammo runs out pretty quickly (I can only carry one weapon) and I only manage to hunt an animal or two before having to go back and buy more ammo.

Am I missing something? I really want to enjoy this game, but to do so, I need to be able to carry more stuff. I'm finding hunting to be time consuming and unfun. Is there a better way to efficiently hunt and craft?

Thanks.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By falserelic

Focus on looking for the animals that can upgrade your loot,money, ammo, and weapon capacity. The menu tells you what animals you need to hunt for. After that the game should be easier for you.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Zella

The map tells you where specific animals are. If ammo is an issue then use a weapon like a sniper or bow which kill very easily, just be patient when hunting and don't just run out shooting. Tag animals from afar then line up a good shot. There are also syringes which make hunting easier as well.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Just take one play session to run around killing EVERYTHING. All the animals and people you run across. Pick every fucking flower you cover in the blood of your enemies. For the finale, find one of those boats with the mounted gun and find some shark infested waters. Turn those sharks to swiss cheese. By the end of that play session you should have all the upgrades.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hi,

I bought this game a few weeks ago but I'm still unable to get into it. I love the environment and missions, but I'm finding crafting to be a huge hurdle. Without upgraded wallet and loot sack, I'm unable to pick up new stuff during missions. To upgrade, I need to wander around and hunt animals, hoping to find the right material. Usually my ammo runs out pretty quickly (I can only carry one weapon) and I only manage to hunt an animal or two before having to go back and buy more ammo.

Am I missing something? I really want to enjoy this game, but to do so, I need to be able to carry more stuff. I'm finding hunting to be time consuming and unfun. Is there a better way to efficiently hunt and craft?

Thanks.

Stop trying to play the game and PLAY THE GAME! I have spent at least 20-25 hours in the game and finished crafting everything within the first 10 hours. I have bearly made it halfway through the game story wise as I am exploring / finding all the hidden stuff littered around the island. Crafting is easy, Just dont play the story / quest until you finish making everything. It doesn't take long and if you have a hard time hunting down the animals then use the hunting syringe as it has been my BF for finding things that want to eat me.

coder_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By coder_cat

Thanks for the hints everyone. I managed to craft some upgrades (no wallet or sack material so far, however). The annoying thing now is that soldiers keep attacking me. There are always roads patrolled by cars near hunting locations as far as I can tell. Is there anyway to hunt "peacefully" without being distracted by annoying soldiers?

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

@coder_cat: Avoid the soldiers by staying in the woods, or clear out the outposts before looking for animals. That's what I did and it worked out for me, had a great time doing so.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.