Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

Far Cry 3 from Ubishop. How do I get my game? When?

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By MrOldboy

I redeemed my code for Far Cry 3 from the AMD never settle promo. After purchasing the game I expected to get a key or something I would type into the Uplay client. But there is nothing. I made the order Dec 1. It does not show up in "My Games" in the Uplay client. You have to enter in a coupon code to get it for $0.00. So I did this with the same account (at least its the same email and password as the one I can log into Uplay with so I assume its the same account.

Will they send me a key today (Dec 4th) or what?

I never used the Ubishop or Uplay before and I can see why everyone thinks its a joke.

Has anyone else dealt with Ubishop? I also have a download code for AC3 from a SSD promo, but I'm not sure I want to go through with this again if its going to be a mess like this.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By myniceicelife

I recently got a ACIII code from a EVGA GPU purchase and went through the whole thing. Installed the game and went to play it and it asked for the key. Key was in the email near the bottom and there is also a way to find it by going to https://shop.ubi.com/store?Action=help&Locale=en_US&SiteID=ubina and entering the Order Number and your password. I'm not sure if you got an email with an order number or not or if they will send you one when it is released. As for when it releases from them, I'm not sure, but Steam has it unlocking at 10am PST.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MrOldboy

@MyNiceIceLife said:

I recently got a ACIII code from a EVGA GPU purchase and went through the whole thing. Installed the game and went to play it and it asked for the key. Key was in the email near the bottom and there is also a way to find it by going to https://shop.ubi.com/store?Action=help&Locale=en_US&SiteID=ubina and entering the Order Number and your password. I'm not sure if you got an email with an order number or not or if they will send you one when it is released. As for when it releases from them, I'm not sure, but Steam has it unlocking at 10am PST.

I got no key, nothing in the order confirm or order status. I'm hoping I get it at 10am then.

Can't you just download games via Uplay? I thought that was the whole point of having your own client, have people build a library there and access their games and new games through the client.

Its not still the whole "You can download X times within 30 days. Or buy the download insurance bullshit." stuff is it?

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By myniceicelife

Shouldn't be something like that as Ubisoft has gotten "better" at their digital stuff, but still no where near Steam. If you don't get a new email with the key then i'd contact their customer service, although i have no clue what that would entail. best of luck and hopefully in 7 hours or so it won't be a problem :)

bchampnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By bchampnd

I ordered this game through Ubisoft because I received a promo code with a hard drive I bought on Black Friday. I received the confirmation email shortly after redeeming the code which said the following:

Note: If you order is a PC Download Pre Order, you will receive an additional email on the product's release date which will give you directions for finding your serial key and download link for your Pre Ordered product.

(The spelling/grammar error - "you order" instead of "your order" - is Ubi's, not mine.)

I just checked the store section of the Uplay client and it still has Far Cry 3 up for pre-order rather than purchase so it seems like the game has not yet officially released, in my region (US) anyway, as far as Ubisoft is concerned. I wish it was and I could set it to download before I go to work so it'd be ready to go when I get home but there's not much to do about it. And I got the game for "free" so I can't whine too much.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By djou

I'm pretty sure the North American unlock date for all codes is 1PM (EST) and 10AM (PST) on the 4th. That's probably why you're codes don't work. I have one from Gamefly hasn't appeared yet either.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrOldboy

OK so I got my key in the confirm email, but it does not show up in the Uplay client?

So do you not download games from the Uplay client? I thought that was part of what the new Uplay thing was supposed to be.

I'm downloading it right now but from the direct link Ubisoft game me. Will I be able to redownload it in the future?

GAMES LIBRARY

• Browse and re-download your games.

SOCIAL FEATURES

• Chat, friends list and notifications.

ACTIONS & REWARDS

• Redeem Rewards for all platforms.

OFFLINE MODE

• Play supported games offline.

CLOUD SAVES

• Always start your game where you left it.

INTEGRATED SHOP

• Browse and purchase our latest games.

FREE TO PLAY

• Discover new free-to-play games and demos.

Browse and redownload your games. So how do I do this? I cant find anywhere to redeem my key in theUplay client.

Fawkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Fawkes

I got mine this morning. After it downloaded I launched the Far Cry 3 executable, not the Uplay thing. I think it updated the Uplay thing and then I entered the key and then Far Cry 3 updated two or three times and then I could play.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Marz

@MrOldboy: no you get a downloader link in your e-mail, you download the files, run the installer... then when you launch far cry 3, uplay starts, it asks for your key, enter it and your good to go.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrOldboy

@Marz: Yep had to go through all of this just to play the game.

When Ubisoft announced the "new" Uplay client I actually though to myself "Crap, now Ubisoft is going to start offering games only through their service (happened already in the UK). But I guess it'll be fine since it'll probably be just like Origin at least."

Man was I wrong. The whole process of buying games, not knowing if you bought it on the right account or having no indication of when the game will be provided. In this case (Far Cry 3) you had to just know that it would be available 10am PST Dec 4 in US. And I got that info from Steam. I did get the email shortly after 10am (just after 12pm). And after downloading a download manager, then downloading .rar files, then extracting the rar files into a temp folder, then installing the game (which took a surprisingly long time), then entering in my key, then patching to 1.01, having to manually close the updater and hit play game again to get patch 1.02. I was finally able to boot the game up.

My question is...

Will the Uplay client now function like Steam or Origin and allow me to redownload Far Cry 3 in the future? I assume it will since that is an advertised thing Ubisoft said, but I cant tell if its linked to my Uplay account or if its just reading the install directory and knows I have it installed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.