Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

FarCry on Green Man Gaming

• 64 results
    Xeirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Xeirus

Hey all, I went to GMG to see if FC3 was there since they often have the most insane deals on new releases...

Well the game isn't listed, but I manually typed in the URL using their basic naming convention and sure enough it brought it up. It won't let you preorder it yet but I noticed there is a preorder coupon code for 30% off the game on that page and I wanted to share because the game will soon be available on their site.

Depending on when they offer it for sale it might differ, but the code on the FC3 page is GMG30-0S3NJ-32J92, and they're currently running a 25% off all digital games with code GMG25-G4VDR-0ZL4Q. So either way you should be able to get a badass deal when they open the gates.

Check the screenshot just for proof:

No Caption Provided

Edit: It seems like the game was up months and months ago for preorder, but the game was delayed so that page might have not been updated since way back when. Either way we're gonna get that shit cheap!

Here's the link, forgot to add it.

salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By salad10203

Damn, Far Cry 3 isn't showing up for me in the U.S. Ugh, I want to pre-order by there are no discounts.

Edit: I see the page now, wonder why its not up yet.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By murisan

Thanks a lot!

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By konig_kei

Pretty sure they said they dont sell ubi games outside of the eu.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By murisan

@konig_kei said:

Pretty sure they said they dont sell ubi games outside of the eu.

But the listed release date is Dec 4th; that's the US date.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By superfriend

Hate to crash the party here, but it says "Capsule required to download" for me.

If that means I´ll have to run their shitty software on top of Uplay to play this game then I won´t buy it from them.

Has anybody bought it from GMG yet? Did you recieve a Steam code or something?

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By mesklinite

@Superfriend: GMG have usually been good in saying which game comes with a steam code. If it doesn't mention it I doubt it has a steam code. Sleeping dogs, Borderlands 2 and Saints Row 3 were all steamworks games.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zenmastah

Its not a Steamworks game, so you will have to download the installer via GMGs Capsule program, and once you begin installing the game you will be prompted to finish the instal in Uplay, so you dont need the Capsule once youve dl the installer.

You also need to insert the key to Uplay, and after the first time if you want to instal the game again, its via Uplay.

I downloaded ACIII this way, and atleast that time GMGs servers chucked bad, was getting like 20% of my full dl speeds so it was a long ass dl time.

I havent had any problems with Uplay though i use it in offline mode mostly.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#9  Edited By tearhead

@Superfriend said:

Hate to crash the party here, but it says "Capsule required to download" for me.

If that means I´ll have to run their shitty software on top of Uplay to play this game then I won´t buy it from them.

Yeah, I've also never bought anything from GMG. Can I activate this game on Steam?

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SlasherMan

@Superfriend said:

I bought it there, but no you're not going to get a Steam code for this.

Back when I pre-ordered it, it didn't specify I needed to use Capsule. I assumed I'd be given a key to add to my UPlay account and just download from there (which I'm fine with)... I still hope that's the case, because I've not heard a single good thing about their client.

Killercombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11  Edited By Killercombo

@Tearhead said:

@Superfriend said:

Yeah, I've also never bought anything from GMG. Can I activate this game on Steam?

No Steam on this version

Capsule is required for the first download and then your uplay key is given: after that it is not needed, only uplay is.

GMG had problems getting UBI games into the US market: they have said before, similar to steam if you can't find the game using the search bar in your region: they won't have it.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Justin258

I'll deal woth a bad client if it means I can get a brand new game for a better price than even Steam. 30% off and then a further 25? Awesome!

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tearhead

@Killercombo said:

@Tearhead said:

@Superfriend said:

No Steam on this version

Capsule is required for the first download and then your uplay key is given: after that it is not needed, only uplay is.

GMG had problems getting UBI games into the US market: they have said before, similar to steam if you can't find the game using the search bar in your region: they won't have it.

Fuck. Well... If I can get it for cheap enough, I guess it wont matter. Hopefully those "badass" coupons will work.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SlasherMan

@believer258 said:

I'll deal woth a bad client if it means I can get a brand new game for a better price than even Steam. 30% off and then a further 25? Awesome!

No, it's either a 30% or a 25% off. Vouchers don't stack together.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tearhead

@SlasherMan said:

@believer258 said:

Oh. In any case, a brand new game for $35 ain't bad at all.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SlasherMan

@Tearhead said:

@SlasherMan said:

@believer258 said:

Yep, that's why I purchased it there despite it not being a Steamworks game. $35 for a brand new AAA release? Yes, please!

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tearhead

@SlasherMan said:

@Tearhead said:

@SlasherMan said:

@believer258 said:

Yep, that's why I purchased it there despite it not being a Steamworks game. $35 for a brand new AAA release? Yes, please!

Wait... You bought it already? I thought it wasn't up for sale yet.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SlasherMan

@Tearhead said:

@SlasherMan said:

@Tearhead said:

@SlasherMan said:

@believer258 said:

Wait... You bought it already? I thought it wasn't up for sale yet.

I don't know, showed up fine for me. Could be a regional thing since I'm not in the US.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tearhead

@SlasherMan: I'm not in the U.S. either (Barbados). Weird.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By superfriend

Thanks for the replies!

Guess I can deal with just Uplay running in the background. Hopefully the game is no 30Gb+ monster like Max Payne 3. That one took forever to download.

Anybody know if GMG does preloading like Steam?

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Maybe I just haven't been paying attention but Green Man Gaming kind of came out of nowhere and overtook Steam in the "awesome PC game sales" department.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Karkarov

@Superfriend said:

Thanks for the replies!

Guess I can deal with just Uplay running in the background. Hopefully the game is no 30Gb+ monster like Max Payne 3. That one took forever to download.

Anybody know if GMG does preloading like Steam?

As far as I know, no. GMG won't be giving you the full download just the key and installer. So if UPlay (or steam if applicable) is not doing pre loads I doubt they would be able to do it for you either. Who knows though, you might get lucky.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SlasherMan

@Tearhead: Then it sounds like the whole American region is getting the same treatment as the US. It should be available for you to buy at the same time.

TBH, there isn't exactly much of a point to pre-ordering too early since there is no pre-load or anything. The game's just sitting there in my account.

Xeirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Xeirus

@JeanLuc said:

Maybe I just haven't been paying attention but Green Man Gaming kind of came out of nowhere and overtook Steam in the "awesome PC game sales" department.

On new releases, yes, they are def the best place to find anything for cheap. Most of the time it's a Steam code anyway.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By murisan

@SlasherMan: There's TWO WHOLE MISSIONS for pre-ordering, are you CRAZY???

But really the only reason I want to pre-order is to guarantee the $35 price. I've watched ~an hour of this game and think I'll get 20-30 hours out of it.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By zenmastah

It says on the GMGs Far Cry 3 page that the game requires 8gigs HD space, so thats not to alot to DL.

I serious hope that GMGs servers work properly this time and they do not support pre-loading so youll get the key and the game appears on Capsule on the day of the release.

So if youre getting it via GMG download Capsule and Uplay before hand and youre set.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By murisan

@Tremore said:

It says on the GMGs Far Cry 3 page that the game requires 8gigs HD space, so thats not to alot to DL.

I serious hope that GMGs servers work properly this time and they do not support pre-loading so youll get the key and the game appears on Capsule on the day of the release.

So if youre getting it via GMG download Capsule and Uplay before hand and youre set.

Or redeem the key on Steam?

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By CaLe

Is it possible for someone outside the UK to Steam gift it to someone inside the UK? We can't get it on Steam here. I know it launches through Ubi's proprietary software, but I'd still like to have it on Steam..

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MikkaQ

Too bad they don't sell to us in North America. Oh well, that install process seems like such a clusterfuck that I would pay the premium to just have it on Steam with all my other games.

djvelho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By djvelho

have they said anything about sending keys on EU area?

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By zenmastah

@murisan said:

@Tremore said:

Or redeem the key on Steam?

If you buy it via GMG, it does not unlock on Steam so youll have to use Capsule to DL tha game, and unlock it in Uplay.

Its sure is a shitty way to get games to buyers and i dont for the life of me get why i cant just insert the key in Uplay and DL the game with that client.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By zenmastah

@MikkaQ said:

Too bad they don't sell to us in North America. Oh well, that install process seems like such a clusterfuck that I would pay the premium to just have it on Steam with all my other games.

True, ive tried to find a positive angle on this and the only one i have found is that im running only Uplay when i play the game, and not Steam and Uplay like im forced to do with most Ubisoft games on Steam.

Hooray, i guess.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MikkaQ

@Tremore said:

@MikkaQ said:

True, ive tried to find a positive angle on this and the only one i have found is that im running only Uplay when i play the game, and not Steam and Uplay like im forced to do with most Ubisoft games on Steam.

Hooray, i guess.

That's true, that is also an annoying hassle, when I want to play Driver San Francisco. I'm glad all the account stuff is just memorized by the computer or I'd never be able to log in. Too many services!

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By colourful_hippie

Alright I might actually buy this now.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By BaneFireLord

Crap, not working in US. Oh well. I got Hitman Absolution for 23 bucks from them so I guess buying Far Cry for full price from Steam balances that out.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By murisan

so, what the shit, is this just for UK only? they advertised it on their twitter on the 18th.. https://twitter.com/GreenManGaming/status/270091497582505984

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By zenmastah

Im from Finland and used that -30% voucher.

djvelho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By djvelho

same here and also from Finland to :D

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39  Edited By Cincaid

@Tremore: I'm in Sweden, and I've never used GMG. I'm looking at the basket right now, and it still says $35. So will they draw $35 from my VISA, or will it be 35 Euro? Because it's kind of a big difference between the two. :P

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By VoshiNova

@Tearhead said:

@Superfriend said:

I purchased Dishonored on GMG and it spat me a Steam code, really simple and cheap! Thanks to OP

EDIT: whoops no steamworks on 3

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By zenmastah

@Cincaid: I paid 35 euros, so they are converting 1:1 to dollars it seems.

Same as Steam btw..

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42  Edited By Cincaid

@Tremore: Ah, then I'm better off buying from a Swedish online retailer. Thanks for the heads up!

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By MachoFantastico

Hasn't there been weird issues with Ubisoft titles in general at the moment, know you can't get Ubi titles on Steam in the UK at the moment. It's meant that I've at to buy Far Cry 3 on PC from ShopTo, though only having to pay £25 for what seems like an awesome game seems like an awesome deal. That said, it's frustrating that there not available on Steam at the moment.

Wouldn't be shocked if Ubisoft are messing with digital distributors to enhance their UPlay app/store on PC.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By zenmastah

@TrueEnglishGent: Makes sense for them i guess, but it sure does not make any sense for a consumer standpoint.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By zenmastah

Just got email from GMG that the game will be available in Capsule in 10mins.

Avatar image for thecampingtroll
    TheCampingTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TheCampingTroll

I can't even find out where to download it can someone walk me through it?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47  Edited By Sackmanjones

Bummer, wish it was ready for U.S release. That 30% mocks me.....

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#48  Edited By benspyda

No Australian version on GMG makes me sad so I got a retail version from UK for $33. I'll have to wait for it to arrive in the next couple weeks but its better than paying $70.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Ravenlight

Great deal on GMG. Unfortunately, the Uplay shenanigans showcased in the QL mean I'll be waiting until after release the gauge the game's reception before making a purchasing decision.

Fuck you, Ubisoft. Your historically abysmal DRM has cost you a preorder.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Lukeweizer

The release date is listed as Nov 29th. Maybe that's when you can pre-purchase it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.