Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

First hour and I am having a blast! How about you?

crush3x5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By crush3x5

I am loving this game. There is so much to do outside of the story I find myself just screwing around and hunting and grabs different kinds of leaves to craft and what not. The whole atmosphere is so beautiful and I can't wait to unlock all the weapons and attachments that are for sale. The amount of random stuff that can happen is what makes the game for me, whether it be running into a bear or driving down a dirt road to your next objective and running into or over :P a couple of goons along the way.

I made a video of my experience of the first hour of gameplay which consists of the first few missions and some exploration (how can you not). If you have a video I would love to check it out but more importantly are you guy loving this game as much as I? Looking at the forums and reviews I believe most people are in the same boat as me granted I am only an hour in at this point due to exams and what not. I hope that my enjoyment continues and doesn't decrease as the game progresses. Anyways share you thoughts with me on what you think of the last big game of the year!

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I love the first few hours of this game.

crush3x5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By crush3x5

@TaliciaDragonsong: glad to hear that it hasn't slowed downed yet :) looking forward to another session tonight!

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Toxeia

The best part is when you get this mission from a dude, and Jason calls someone for information. I spent 3 hours doing side-quests to finish my crafting, and after EVERY completion Jason Brody would have a brain fart and call the dude again. I laughed harder every time.

DelroyLindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DelroyLindo

I'm almost finished with it and it is far and away the most fun I've had with a game this year (beaten only by Dark Souls)

Avatar image for deactivated-59ec818a3faf4
    deactivated-59ec818a3faf4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game just isn't grabbing me. The good characters don't show up enough and most of the time the story is just kind of boring with a couple of that was weird moments. The hunting missions can be fun but don't last long at all and the outposts ones become to easy once you have some decent weapons and all very similar. The world also feels empty with not a lot to do in it, I keep thinking of Just cause 2 which had a huge map but full of really interesting things and missions. This just just doesn't have that much.

It just feels like no one tried to expand on anything in the game just put some stuff in and left it at that. I'm not saying it is a bad game just lacking

crush3x5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crush3x5

Ya this game pretty much has tons of my favourite parts of other games incorporated into it and it is just so rewarding to play as a result. P.S you see the trailer for Dark Souls 2? It is coming soon!

mclakers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By mclakers

16 hrs in and loving it. Only one problem, I would like to carry more weapons, but that's just me.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By MikkaQ

@Toxeia said:

The best part is when you get this mission from a dude, and Jason calls someone for information. I spent 3 hours doing side-quests to finish my crafting, and after EVERY completion Jason Brody would have a brain fart and call the dude again. I laughed harder every time.

Oh man I had that happen on three quests at this point. I'm beginning to think Jason Brody is like that dude from Memento.

Still 12 hours in and loving it, even though it's getting a wee bit repetitive and the story is kinda dragging.

TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crush3x5: Sadly it has after the first few hours but I didn't want to piss on your parade. Game's wonderful but the writing is super lazy and the crafting stuff is done way too quick.
    It's a good game but I always prefer good packages. Not just a good part and lazy others. But hey, it's all about fun, so go have some!
    crush3x5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By crush3x5

@TaliciaDragonsong: lol well you kind of did piss on my parade there. however I have heard others say that so it was in the back of my mind when I began

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @MikkaQ

@Toxeia said:

Oh man I had that happen on three quests at this point. I'm beginning to think Jason Brody is like that dude from Memento.

Still 12 hours in and loving it, even though it's getting a wee bit repetitive and the story is kinda dragging.

Glad to know in not the only one experiencing that.
    warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By warxsnake

Everybody should try a double takedown from glider
    Its pretty fucking hard.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By jacdg

14 hours in, and still having a blast, and it's been ages since I've had that amount of fun with one single game for that long, it's just amazingly fun.

crush3x5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By crush3x5

@JacDG said:

14 hours in, and still having a blast, and it's been ages since I've had that amount of fun with one single game for that long, it's just amazingly fun.

good that is what i want to hear I played about 3 more hours so I am 4 hours and it is still awesome :P love leveling up my tat

TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crush3x5: Sorry, I think it's me though. I seem to be a little burned out on videogames lately so there's that. The game is certainly unique and in some ways finally delivers on that open sandbox world you always wanted from Far Cry. I definitely need to play some more of it.
    crush3x5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By crush3x5

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

@crush3x5: Sorry, I think it's me though. I seem to be a little burned out on videogames lately so there's that. The game is certainly unique and in some ways finally delivers on that open sandbox world you always wanted from Far Cry. I definitely need to play some more of it.

It's all good lol. I personally am still enjoying myself, hopefully it keeps up. I'm a sucker for these types of games so I think I will not get tired of it even if the story begins to slow down a touch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.