Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

GMG is killing is these past few weeks, $33 for Far Cry 3

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/shooter/far-cry-3/

Pretty good deal on a pre-order, I'm still going back and forth about ordering it, I picked up Hitman: Absolution when they had it for $36 a few days ago. I'm more excited about FC3 tho, kind of wish I'd held off on Hitman and got this instead.

I'll probably end up with both tho, lol.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

I'm looking forward to Far Cry 3, but given the choice I'd get Hitman first. Far Cry 3 looks to be another shooter, one that looks like it might turn out really well but it's still a shooter and there are tons of those you can pick up and play while saving money to pick it up later.

There hasn't been a Hitman game in a long time.

Also, as a side note, I'm looking forward to Far Cry 3 less now that the main character is shown to be taking over an army. I thought maybe it was going to be one dude, sneaking around an island and killing pretty much everyone else while looking for his girlfriend or whatever and being chased by a really, really well-done villain. You know, like Far Cry, except replace campy monsters with a good villain.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Personally I don't think Far Cry 3 will be worth more than 10 dollars. That is my price for scripted pseudo-sanboxy games.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Ramone

@AhmadMetallic said:

Personally I don't think Far Cry 3 will be worth more than 10 dollars. That is my price for scripted pseudo-sanboxy games.

How much did you pay for Max Payne 3?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Ravenlight

@Ramone said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

That's more of a heavily-scripted, linear game though, right?

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ramone

@Ravenlight said:

@Ramone said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

That's more of a heavily-scripted, linear game though, right?

Yeah, and I fully acknowledge that so what the fuck is wrong with a game that is linear but gives you options on how you want to deal with the situations that are presented? I'm sick of people like Ahmad who hate on games that aren't even released yet because they're not exactly like the previous games based on 10 minutes of gameplay footage, yet they also hate games like Call of Duty which iterate but stick to a relatively similar and safe formula. We had the same thing with Hitman: Absolution then everyone shut the fuck up when they saw that is was actually similar to the older Hitman games.

By the way, sorry, that rant wasn't aimed at you man.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic

@Ramone said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Max Payne 3 is not a pseudo-sandbox game, and the gameplay parts are not scripted. It does not give you the illusion that you have 'open world freedom' while taking that freedom away from you at every corner, and when you start shooting, you are given complete freedom to create unique scenarios against your enemies. The Max Payne games are linear story-driven shooters where the bullet-time mechanic and the freedom given during combat, put together, create somewhat unique scenarios that you, the player, created.

Far Cry 3 is clearly going to be Crysis 2 in the jungle. I'm not even hating.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ramone

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Ramone said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Max Payne 3 is not a pseudo-sandbox game, and the gameplay parts are not scripted. It does not give you the illusion that you have 'open world freedom' while taking that freedom away from you at every corner, and when you start shooting, you are given complete freedom to create unique scenarios against your enemies. The Max Payne games are linear story-driven shooters where the bullet-time mechanic and the freedom given during combat, put together, create somewhat unique scenarios that you, the player, created.

Far Cry 3 is clearly going to be Crysis 2 in the jungle. I'm not even hating.

Read my other post

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.