Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

Hunting confirmed?

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By AssInAss
    Mmm entrails...
    Mmm entrails...

That's a screencap I took from the latest gameplay trailer. I knew there were animals in the game, but didn't know you could gut them.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Sackmanjones

Well damn… in cool with it. Loved the hardcore mode in new Vegas so I'm totally fine with this… If that's what this is

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

I hope not. Tossing more stupid gimmicky bullshit into a game doesn't make it better. Is he going to have to take a shit a few hours later?

If this is real, then I can't help but feel that it's a grasp for "immersion" without really understanding what actually makes a good game immersive. The guy in Bioshock doesn't stop to shit out all of those old snacks and piss out all that warm beer, does he?

Witzig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Witzig

Hunting would be pretty awesome.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By breadfan

Tripping and shooting mad dudes up, confirmed.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#6  Edited By BeachThunder

I bet it's actually a healing animation a la FC2; they're really your entrails and you're just about to stuff them back into your body.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@believer258: Hunting is not "gimmicky", what does that even mean anymore? A game set in Africa with hunting seems amazing. I loved hunting in RDR and I was hunting in Far Cry 2 aswell, if hunting means running over Zebras in my Jeep.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Justin258

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@believer258: Hunting is not "gimmicky", what does that even mean anymore? A game set in Africa with hunting seems amazing. I loved hunting in RDR and I was hunting in Far Cry 2 aswell, if hunting means running over Zebras in my Jeep.

In short, I don't want to be asked to make sure I've filled my daily hunting quota when I'm trying to make my way through the game. I don't see it as being necessary to anything. At all. Kind of like malaria didn't really feel necessary to Far Cry 2, except to set the game up.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By AssInAss

@BeachThunder said:

I bet it's actually a healing animation a la FC2; they're really your entrails and you're just about to stuff them back into your body.

Haha the healing animations in Far Cry 2 were excruciating.

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

I'm pretty sure that's what every player did in that game. Seeing those animals go rag-doll was hilarious.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Cirdain

Probably a way of getting health. Wait till peta come in.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @BeachThunder said:

Oh you
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Ghostiet
    @believer258 said:

I hope not. Tossing more stupid gimmicky bullshit into a game doesn't make it better. Is he going to have to take a shit a few hours later?

If this is real, then I can't help but feel that it's a grasp for "immersion" without really understanding what actually makes a good game immersive. The guy in Bioshock doesn't stop to shit out all of those old snacks and piss out all that warm beer, does he?

RDR had hunting and it didn't felt gimmicky at all.
    warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By warxsnake
    @believer258 said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

In short, I don't want to be asked to make sure I've filled my daily hunting quota when I'm trying to make my way through the game. I don't see it as being necessary to anything. At all. Kind of like malaria didn't really feel necessary to Far Cry 2, except to set the game up.

You assume any of this is necessary to win or whatever... It's all up to the player whether they want to engage in those secondary gameplay mechanics to help them but its never necessary and you can ignore all that and survive and win your own way... And that's what makes a game great. 
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @believer258 said:

Is he going to have to take a shit a few hours later?

Yes, a tripped-out multicoloured shroom poo.
    Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Barrock

Maybe the Doctor wants certain animal parts for his experiments?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.