Hunting confirmed?

#1 Posted by AssInAss (2678 posts) -
Mmm entrails...

That's a screencap I took from the latest gameplay trailer. I knew there were animals in the game, but didn't know you could gut them.

#2 Posted by Sackmanjones (4752 posts) -

Well damn… in cool with it. Loved the hardcore mode in new Vegas so I'm totally fine with this… If that's what this is

#3 Posted by believer258 (12019 posts) -

I hope not. Tossing more stupid gimmicky bullshit into a game doesn't make it better. Is he going to have to take a shit a few hours later?

If this is real, then I can't help but feel that it's a grasp for "immersion" without really understanding what actually makes a good game immersive. The guy in Bioshock doesn't stop to shit out all of those old snacks and piss out all that warm beer, does he?

#4 Posted by Witzig (328 posts) -

Hunting would be pretty awesome.

#5 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Tripping and shooting mad dudes up, confirmed.

#6 Posted by BeachThunder (12118 posts) -

I bet it's actually a healing animation a la FC2; they're really your entrails and you're just about to stuff them back into your body.

#7 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@believer258: Hunting is not "gimmicky", what does that even mean anymore? A game set in Africa with hunting seems amazing. I loved hunting in RDR and I was hunting in Far Cry 2 aswell, if hunting means running over Zebras in my Jeep.

#8 Edited by believer258 (12019 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@believer258: Hunting is not "gimmicky", what does that even mean anymore? A game set in Africa with hunting seems amazing. I loved hunting in RDR and I was hunting in Far Cry 2 aswell, if hunting means running over Zebras in my Jeep.

In short, I don't want to be asked to make sure I've filled my daily hunting quota when I'm trying to make my way through the game. I don't see it as being necessary to anything. At all. Kind of like malaria didn't really feel necessary to Far Cry 2, except to set the game up.

#9 Posted by AssInAss (2678 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

I bet it's actually a healing animation a la FC2; they're really your entrails and you're just about to stuff them back into your body.

Haha the healing animations in Far Cry 2 were excruciating.

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

I'm pretty sure that's what every player did in that game. Seeing those animals go rag-doll was hilarious.

#10 Posted by Cirdain (3102 posts) -

Probably a way of getting health. Wait till peta come in.

#11 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:

Oh you
#12 Posted by Ghostiet (5289 posts) -
@believer258 said:

I hope not. Tossing more stupid gimmicky bullshit into a game doesn't make it better. Is he going to have to take a shit a few hours later?

If this is real, then I can't help but feel that it's a grasp for "immersion" without really understanding what actually makes a good game immersive. The guy in Bioshock doesn't stop to shit out all of those old snacks and piss out all that warm beer, does he?

RDR had hunting and it didn't felt gimmicky at all.
#13 Posted by warxsnake (2650 posts) -
@believer258 said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

In short, I don't want to be asked to make sure I've filled my daily hunting quota when I'm trying to make my way through the game. I don't see it as being necessary to anything. At all. Kind of like malaria didn't really feel necessary to Far Cry 2, except to set the game up.

You assume any of this is necessary to win or whatever... It's all up to the player whether they want to engage in those secondary gameplay mechanics to help them but its never necessary and you can ignore all that and survive and win your own way... And that's what makes a game great. 
#14 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@believer258 said:

Is he going to have to take a shit a few hours later?

Yes, a tripped-out multicoloured shroom poo.
#15 Posted by Barrock (3546 posts) -

Maybe the Doctor wants certain animal parts for his experiments?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.