I think Far Cry 3 needs zombie DLC.

  • 69 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by MB (12409 posts) -

Think about it...everything on the island transformed into zombies. It'll be the first game ever with Galapagos Turtle Zombies, Shark zombies, chicken zombies...and of course ethnically ambiguous island native zombies.

I think I really just want a reason to keep playing the game that isn't collecting the rest of the relics.

Moderator
#2 Posted by probablytuna (3665 posts) -

That sounds like a pretty neat idea. Coincidentally, when I was playing the game, all I could think about was how similar Farcry 3 feels compared to Dead Island.

#3 Edited by MarkWahlberg (4605 posts) -

So, you want to wander the island killing things that are dead, instead of killing them when they're alive? Or just slow-moving hordes of them everywhere? Because hordes of zomburtles storming the beaches would be... ok I guess.

#4 Posted by Marz (5653 posts) -

sounds like dead island 2 o.O

#5 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

I would buy the game for that DLC. It saddens me how few games release Halloween content despite how awesome it's been for those that have.

#6 Posted by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

No thanks to zombie dlc. Other dlc, maybe.

#7 Posted by ripelivejam (3967 posts) -

i loved the monster dlc idea they referred to on the bombcast. THAT would be unique and entertaining.

or dinosaurs. tons of dinosaurs.

zombies are entirely played out.

Online
#8 Edited by I_smell (3924 posts) -

It would be more interesting to have mythical creatures DLC.
You're sneakin around a cave and a fuckin werewolf-man rips out, howls at the moon and fuckin runs at you?
Unicorn, griffin, fairy sprite tinkerbells etc.
 
Zombie animals is a stupid idea, it'd just be the same AI but with different... skin textures? like come on.

#9 Edited by MB (12409 posts) -

@ripelivejam said:

i loved the monster dlc idea they referred to on the bombcast. THAT would be unique and entertaining.

I haven't heard that but I'll take that too. Really I'll take any sort of new game plus DLC that comes out....I really don't want to start a new game with no skills or weapons unlocked and have to go through all of that again.

Also, zombies may be played out but it's the only was to bring back Vaas. Think about it!

Moderator
#10 Posted by Fattony12000 (7416 posts) -

DEAD ISLAND FAR CRY CROSSOVER.

#11 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Yep, I would buy that.

#12 Edited by ripelivejam (3967 posts) -

@MB: also that'll learn me to read posts b/f responding, it may be neat to have EVERYTHING be zombified, or at least would lead a frightening twist to hunting even lowly animals. just personally think the whole concept's a bit stale.

also i know story's not the game's strong suit but you may want to spoiler tag that buddy! :)

CRY OF THE DEAD :o

Online
#13 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I would buy it, not sure they would do it unless its Halloween DLC though, by that time it will be too late.

#14 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -
@Fattony12000

DEAD ISLAND FAR CRY CROSSOVER.

Minus the terrible last 2/3rds of Dead Island. God the city was awful.
#15 Posted by PerryVandell (2103 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Fattony12000

DEAD ISLAND FAR CRY CROSSOVER.

Minus the terrible last 2/3rds of Dead Island. God the city was awful.

I'd take the city over the sewers. Or the jungle. Or the prison. Or the final boss.

#16 Posted by Gamer_152 (14078 posts) -

No, bad MB, we have enough zombies in things as it is, let Ubisoft do something more creative.

Moderator
#17 Posted by MB (12409 posts) -

@Gamer_152 said:

No, bad MB, we have enough zombies in things as it is, let Ubisoft do something more creative.

Dude I don't care about creative, I just want new game plus. Zombies, monsters, full scale genocide on the island population, whatever. I'll take it.

Moderator
#18 Posted by Mr_Misery (258 posts) -

This game needs DLC where you play as Vaas and kill a bunch of frat boys.

#19 Posted by Fallen189 (5008 posts) -
@MB said:

@Gamer_152 said:

No, bad MB, we have enough zombies in things as it is, let Ubisoft do something more creative.

Dude I don't care about creative, I just want new game plus. Zombies, monsters, full scale genocide on the island population, whatever. I'll take it.

Word to that. I want a reason to go back to FC3.
#20 Edited by voltronadactylsaurusrex (69 posts) -

Ubisoft needs to buy Turok and jam it into far cry 3.

#21 Edited by MB (12409 posts) -

@voltronadactylsaurusrex: Or they could just replace the normal animals on the island with DINOSAURS. An open world dinosaur hunting expansion...a new island to explore?

Moderator
#22 Edited by UitDeToekomst (714 posts) -

I, conversely, think that there should be a two year moratorium on zombies being allowed in any game at all, DLC or otherwise. I'm okay with the dinosaur idea, though.

#23 Posted by Rafaelfc (1348 posts) -

@MB said:

@voltronadactylsaurusrex: Or they could just replace the normal animals on the island with DINOSAURS. An open world dinosaur hunting expansion...a new island to explore?

Quoted for IT NEEDS TO FUCKIN HAPPEN!!!!!!!

#24 Posted by Conker (784 posts) -

@MB said:

Think about it...everything on the island transformed into zombies. It'll be the first game ever with Galapagos Turtle Zombies, Shark zombies, chicken zombies...and of course ethnically ambiguous island native zombies.

I think I really just want a reason to keep playing the game that isn't collecting the rest of the relics.

That's a great idea!

Actually, I'd buy any form of single player DLC at this point; I already broke down and started a new game on the top difficulty.

#25 Posted by Jimbo (9812 posts) -

They probably haven't thought of this, given how unpopular the zombie theme is in gaming. You should definitely email them.

Online
#26 Edited by warxsnake (2650 posts) -
@MB: :)
#27 Posted by beeftothetaco (425 posts) -

I disagree.

#28 Posted by aquamarin (555 posts) -

Sign me up for dinosaurs.

#29 Posted by Marz (5653 posts) -

@MB said:

@voltronadactylsaurusrex: Or they could just replace the normal animals on the island with DINOSAURS. An open world dinosaur hunting expansion...a new island to explore?

allright i'm interested.... there needs to be more open world dinosaur games on the market.

#30 Posted by punkxblaze (2985 posts) -

I just want a reason to play more Far Cry 3.

#31 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -
@Jimbo

They probably haven't thought of this, given how unpopular the zombie theme is in gaming. You should definitely email them.

Your snark is not only subtle, it's original and refreshing.
#32 Edited by wrecks (2257 posts) -

Zombie Dinosaurs* DLC!

*with lasers

edit - I am completely serious.

#33 Posted by Brodehouse (9950 posts) -

GODDAMMIT NO

You want to talk about The All-Story, just add zombies to anything.

#34 Posted by Jimbo (9812 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Jimbo

They probably haven't thought of this, given how unpopular the zombie theme is in gaming. You should definitely email them.

Your snark is not only subtle, it's original and refreshing.

Thank you, I do try.

Online
#35 Posted by jakob187 (21671 posts) -

...only if everything is 28 Days Later zombies...and they are fucking EVERYWHERE on that island!

#36 Posted by Flappy (2253 posts) -

@jakob187: Every game needs a horde of eye-gouging, blood-puking zombies with the reflexes of a cat.

#37 Posted by Spoonman671 (4638 posts) -
@MB said:

@voltronadactylsaurusrex: Or they could just replace the normal animals on the island with DINOSAURS. An open world dinosaur hunting expansion...a new island to explore?

I was on board with zombies, but now I want this instead.
#38 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2156 posts) -

@MB said:

@ripelivejam said:

i loved the monster dlc idea they referred to on the bombcast. THAT would be unique and entertaining.

I haven't heard that but I'll take that too. Really I'll take any sort of new game plus DLC that comes out....I really don't want to start a new game with no skills or weapons unlocked and have to go through all of that again.

Also, zombies may be played out but it's the only was to bring back Vaas. Think about it!

They should take Rockstars Undead Nightmare as inspiration. New ridiculous story, all the animals are undead, and mythical creatures. And they can take it one step further by adding not only land animals, but also sea creatures (Loch Ness monster anyone?). I'm terrified of the deep ocean but I'm fine with having to hunt down Nessy.

And yes, they better bring back Vaas. Hell how about they just stop hinting at a Tyler Durden situation and just fucking do it already. That would be awesome.

#39 Posted by believer258 (11911 posts) -

@ripelivejam said:

i loved the monster dlc idea they referred to on the bombcast. THAT would be unique and entertaining.

or dinosaurs. tons of dinosaurs.

zombies are entirely played out.

How 'bout zombies, or draugrs, in addition to dragons, witches, ghosts, and all sorts of other creatures? I mean, I don't see why it has to be just zombies.

But yes, this is a fantastic idea.

#40 Edited by ripelivejam (3967 posts) -

maybe robots. french robots.

binary domain crossover! :rock:

edit: zombie dino french robos with lasers and hooks for hands

IN SPACE

Online
#41 Posted by Strife777 (1580 posts) -

I'll pretty much take any kind of substantial single-player DLC for this game. I want more. Zombies would be lazy, but I would play it anyway.

Dinosaurs/monsters though, that would be great.

#42 Posted by david3cm (635 posts) -

@MB: UGH SPOILERZZZZZZ!!! Sarcasm aside I would enjoy some post game dlc since there is little to do on the island is you are like myself and completed everything before finishing the game. Maybe after taking all those syringes and drinking crazy potions Citra feeds you you start to lose and and envision a third island full of Saints Row: The Third levels of insanity, I would be down with that.

#43 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4351 posts) -

@MB said:

@Gamer_152 said:

No, bad MB, we have enough zombies in things as it is, let Ubisoft do something more creative.

Dude I don't care about creative, I just want new game plus. Zombies, monsters, full scale genocide on the island population, whatever. I'll take it.

Same, I want any reason I can get to revisit that island. It's just sitting there doing nothing.

#44 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Dude, DINOSAURS. Think about it. Fucking DINOSAURS.

#45 Posted by Demoskinos (14835 posts) -

Eww Zombies. Yeah Ill pass on that. Im starting to have a hard time forcing myself to play the end of the story. Once Vass is out of the picture I started to lose interest.

#46 Posted by natetodamax (19206 posts) -

I haven't played the game yet but it seems like it could do for some crazy DLC like that.

#47 Posted by KrypticKiller (191 posts) -

Yes.

#48 Posted by MB (12409 posts) -

@warxsnake said:

@MB: :)

YES! I'll take this as confirmation that something awesome is coming. Perhaps zombie dinosaurs.

Moderator
#49 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -
@MB

@warxsnake said:

@MB: :)

YES! I'll take this as confirmation that something awesome is coming. Perhaps zombie dinosaurs.

You're going against zombie dinosaurs who represent every major religious figure. They're playing it safe, obviously.
#50 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2161 posts) -
@ripelivejam

maybe robots. french robots.

binary domain crossover! :rock:

edit: zombie dino french robos with lasers and hooks for hands

IN SPACE

ROBO VAAS.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.