Interesting Bug

#1 Edited by BaD_KarAte (24 posts) -

I have looked around a little and haven't read anything about this bug. I was just wondering if anyone else knows about it. A couple days ago I had the urge to play through Far Cry 3 again. I find the open world jank just endearing enough and the combat to be very satisfying. To keep this short I'll just say that during the play through I found a bug that always you to ride shotgun along with the Rakyat soldiers in their jeeps. First you stop a jeep as it drives along the road. Then you commandeer the vehicle but don't enter it. I find it works best when there is no NPC in the passanger seat but instead sitting in the back. Once the Rakyat soldiers exit the vehicle they will take a couple steps away and start a smoking animation. DO NOT ENTER THE VEHICLE. Instead stand next to the passanger seat. Once they complete the smoking animation and you have not enter the vehicle, they then move back to the vehicle. Timing is important but not difficult for the next part. Once they intiate the vehicle entering a vehicle animation, activate the enter vehicle prompt on the passanger seat. In an unoccupied vehicle Jason would sit in the passanger seat and then shift over to the driver seat. Because the driver seat is occupied he remains in the passanger seat. Once the Rakyat are loaded up, they drive off on partol. From this point just enjoy the craziness as they run over herds of buffalo, crash into other vehicles, kill innocent civilians, engage in fire fight with pirates to only be mauled by a bear afterward and just cause trouble in general.

#2 Edited by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

writing in paragraphs is a good thing

#3 Posted by AngriGhandi (754 posts) -

This sounds pretty great.

#4 Posted by slyspider (1150 posts) -

Always loved seeing them off in the distance driving off cliffs and shit. Now I can ride with them!

#5 Posted by BaD_KarAte (24 posts) -

@donpixel: My apologies.

I have looked around a little and haven't read anything about this bug. I was just wondering if anyone else knows about it.

A couple days ago I had the urge to play through Far Cry 3 again. I find the open world jank just endearing enough and the combat to be very satisfying. To keep this short I'll just say that during the play through I found a bug that always you to ride shotgun along with the Rakyat soldiers in their jeeps.

First you stop a jeep as it drives along the road. Then you commandeer the vehicle but don't enter it. I find it works best when there is no NPC in the passanger seat but instead sitting in the back. Once the Rakyat soldiers exit the vehicle they will take a couple steps away and start a smoking animation. DO NOT ENTER THE VEHICLE. Instead stand next to the passanger seat. Once they complete the smoking animation and you have not enter the vehicle, they then move back to the vehicle. Timing is important but not difficult for the next part. Once they intiate the vehicle entering a vehicle animation, activate the enter vehicle prompt on the passanger seat. In an unoccupied vehicle Jason would sit in the passanger seat and then shift over to the driver seat. Because the driver seat is occupied he remains in the passanger seat. Once the Rakyat are loaded up, they drive off on partol.

From this point just enjoy the craziness as they run over herds of buffalo, crash into other vehicles, kill innocent civilians, engage in fire fight with pirates to only be mauled by a bear afterward and just cause trouble in general.

#6 Edited by GreggD (4477 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.