Is the poker in this game buggy?

#1 Edited by ShaolinSpade (159 posts) -

The thread title says it. I had the game tell me I had a pair when I also had a straight and tell me I only had a high card instead of a pair. I've never heard of a game messing up poker scripting before so I feel like I'm crazy. Has anybody else dealt with this?

#2 Posted by Getz (2997 posts) -

I've only played one game of it and didn't notice any problems other than the AI behaving VERY transparently. Going all-in with 3 spades showing? C'mon dude like I'm gonna call that.

Also, it bothers the shit out of me that your guy goes "I see your bet and raise you" because that's technically tell-baiting and technically cheating.

Sorry, I know that wasn't helpful...

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Getz said:

I've only played one game of it and didn't notice any problems other than the AI behaving VERY transparently. Going all-in with 3 spades showing? C'mon dude like I'm gonna call that.

Also, it bothers the shit out of me that your guy goes "I see your bet and raise you" because that's technically tell-baiting and technically cheating.

Sorry, I know that wasn't helpful...

What about the fact if you just hammer ALL IN. There is a decent chance everyone will fold and you plain out win with a 2. Or some magic happens and you get a full flush. 
#4 Posted by Karkarov (3080 posts) -

yeah the poker is a little dicey, some things about it are just odd. For example if the AI goes all in don't call. Because the AI will never go all in unless they have a hand that will beat yours.

#5 Posted by eskimo (476 posts) -

@Karkarov: I've seen them go all in on a bluff

#6 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Having only spent a couple of hands with the poker, it seemed solid. Nothing too mind blowing about it, but a good time waster when I don't feel like hunting.

#7 Posted by Phoenix778m (243 posts) -

No achievement for winning? Guess they saved them all for multiplayer. Which I'm probably not ever going to play.

#8 Posted by Fattony12000 (7310 posts) -

Bet life.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.