Just how terrible is the Multiplayer?

• 60 results
#51 Edited by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

@bybeach said:

The SP really was good...that's still blowing me away. I was suspicious and despondent. Now I feel the sun shines again.

I don't play MP..maybe try someday.

I thought it was a lot of arse. The mission structure was terrible, the story was totally by-the-numbers, and the only redeeming feature (bar Citra's tits) is

killed about 2/3rds of the way through.

Different strokes and that.

#52 Posted by RenegadeDoppelganger (407 posts) -

If i'm in the mood to play some multiplayer FPS action, Far Cry 3 probably won't be the game I boot up. From what I saw on TNT last week, the MP seems serviceable, maybe I'll check it out as a novelty?

#53 Posted by Demoskinos (14763 posts) -

Played some Coop and Multiplayer the last few days. The one thing it has going for it that is kind of cool is the decoding system. That is actually an interesting idea. Honestly Ilm prob play a bit more seems fun enough.

#54 Posted by superpope (129 posts) -

So far the coop is pretty fun when the lag is under control. It loses the exploration and sneakiness, but the really fun gunplay is there with the carrot on a stick unlocks and leveling of weapons COD style. If only it went off other friends lists since my uplay list on PC is empty.

#55 Posted by DystopiaX (5300 posts) -

@studnoth1n said:

@DystopiaX: Well you're right, it is my opinion, but it's also informed by experience, sight and sound. And the reason I keep saying the same thing over is because what I'm experiencing with the multiplayer never seems to change.

Aaaand since I'm not interested in other people's lethargic attitude about it being "fine," I keep steamrolling my point. What's not to get? Besides, what the fuck is wrong with having a high standard and encouraging growth in one's work? I might have been provocative with the topic title, but still, I think throwing blatant gimmicks into a product weakens the overall quality, and certainly says little about the care entrusted in that particular IP considering there's NOTHING the publishers are unwilling to prostitute themselves for an easy money grab. I'm sure most of you could give a shit, and trust me, you've made that very clear, but my intention is not to sway your opinion, specifically. You're already lost, so it'd be a wasted effort anyway.

And obviously I don't really want them to patch out the multiplayer (Although I will admit, it's been fun listening to some of you take that literally). However, now it might actually be pretty funny if they did. One can only hope.

See, some people aren't just saying it's fine, some people are saying they're having fun with it. I have no problems with you thinking it's terrible, it's your "my opinion is right" attitude that bothers me. Shit like saying "You're already lost". It sounds pretentious and stupid, and your whole topic is based off an assumption (that the multiplayer is terrible and lazy) that people on here are saying they don't share, and you're insisting that they're wrong about their OPINIONS.

#56 Edited by studnoth1n (222 posts) -

@DystopiaX: I never said anyone was wrong about their opinion, I just don't think most people care enough to look beyond the superficial. And the whole topic is hardly based on "assumption," but like most topics here, it's not exactly science either. Take it or leave it, but it's you who seems unwilling to walk away and apparently looking for a fight. This topic reflects my opinion and I strongly disagree with the practice in producing content for the lowest common denominator, and that includes the obligatory MP components, diminishing the overall quality for the sake of marketing.

And I certainly don't mind if no one else agrees with me, but don't expect me to feel sympathetic towards someone who breathes contempt (nostrils flaring) towards another simply because they have a more aggressive view point on the subject.

#57 Edited by DystopiaX (5300 posts) -

@studnoth1n said:

@DystopiaX: I never said anyone was wrong about their opinion, I just don't think most people care enough to look beyond the superficial. And the whole topic is hardly based on "assumption," but like most topics here, it's not exactly science either. Take it or leave it, but it's you who seems unwilling to walk away and looking for a fight. I strongly disagree with the practice in producing content for the lowest common denominator, and that includes the obligatory MP components, and I certainly don't mind it in the least if no one else feels similarly, but don't expect me to feel sympathetic towards someone who breathes contempt towards another simply because they have a more aggressive view point on the subject.

I'm not looking for a fight at all, you just keep replying to me. All I've been pointing out is that people think the MP is good, even if it's not the best thing in the world. You seem to ignore this in favor of harping on how it's "terrible" and "tacked on" and "unncessary", all of which imply that no one is able to have fun with the multiplayer and it's just there to sell copies, which is, as I have been stating over and over again because you don't seem to get it, not true. If it was tacked on just for bullet points, why the hell would they waste time and resources creating one of the better map editors in gaming right now when they could just have gotten by by creating 7-15 maps and a generic class system?

I also haven't been "breathing contempt" (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean", and you don't have a more "aggressive" (progressive?) viewpoint on the subject simply because you're on your high horse talking about having "higher standards" for games. Higher standards that were arbitrarily defined by you.

And that isn't even mentioning how you're now arguing a completely different point to the one presented in your thread topic and the beginning of the OP once your realized that "HEY THIS MULTIPLAYER IS BAD RITE GUISE" wasn't going to fly in this thread.

#58 Posted by ozzdog12 (859 posts) -

@studnoth1n: I hate most multiplayer,but that doesnt mean those are bad, but I see what you are saying

#59 Edited by studnoth1n (222 posts) -

@DystopiaX: So because the majority thinks it's fine, any dissenting view should kindly go elsewhere? And by the way, it only seems arbitrary since we have very little in common on the subject, but please, feel free to try to bully and intentionally twist my words around. Also, I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to make me sound like I'm all over the place, and I keep changing my mind every five seconds. I've been fairly consistent on the subject, and I've already acknowledged that the topic title was a little sensational, and admittedly somewhat misleading. Now...

I've also acknowledged I have no problem with the map editor, but I'm also not the only one to have pointed out that even that component is still a little undercooked. It's not nearly as accessible or functional, especially for those who ONLY wanted the map editor to create and share their work. And once again, my OPINION is that these wouldn't be issues at all if the game were more focused and didn't have such a divided production, along with, what I'm assuming, an invasive marketing strategy. Or maybe I'm just being naive and it's all marketing now, but regardless, it's not inventive and even remotely interesting to include a co-op if all they intend to do is copy and paste from another series, especially when it seems that the part of the market that actually did push for cooperative play (specifically in a sandbox style game like far cry) probably didn't have this in mind exactly. It's all playable, sure, but it doesn't make it any less of a stupid idea and a waste of potential.

If you want to go on, fine by me, but don't rely on reducing my points and intentionally misinterpreting me and expect to get away with it.

#60 Posted by kaos_cracker (579 posts) -

My first experience with Far Cry 3 was playing multiplayer between my study breaks for my finals and I had a good time, it was dumb but it was enjoyable for a little bit. It's not as engaging as others on the market, but it is playable if that's all you got.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.