Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

Laptop video cards "may work but are not supported"

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By triple07

So I was looking at the system requirements for the game and it says that laptop versions of supported video cards "may work but are not supported". So now I'm questioning how well I could run this and if I'd be better off getting the 360 version even though the PC version seems to be the best version.

I've got a decent laptop with a Geforce 555M which should run this game but now I'm questioning if it'll work on my laptop. Anyone out there get this running on their laptop? Have you guys seen any other games that say this in their system requirements that work fine on a laptop?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Every PC game has that in the small print. It just means that they haven't been tested and stops people demanding a refund if, for some reason, it doesn't work. I've been playing games on my laptop for a long while now, and I've never had a problem, despite all of the clauses stating that laptop cards aren't supported.

pandorasbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By pandorasbox

The 360 version plays fine. You should get the version that you know works.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

@MattyFTM said:

Every PC game has that in the small print. It just means that they haven't been tested and stops people demanding a refund if, for some reason, it doesn't work. I've been playing games on my laptop for a long while now, and I've never had a problem, despite all of the clauses stating that laptop cards aren't supported.

Where is the scrotum-faced bear you imposter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.