Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

Low quality audio?

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By xxizzypop

I'm playing the 360 version, I'm only about half an hour in and most of the voice acting just seems... not quite right. It sounds kind of tinny and far off, like I'm hearing it out of a Wiimote speaker. I noticed the problem while moving through the camp, caught hints of it with Jason and Grant talking, got a little from Vaas. The worst offender and confirmation that I wasn't crazy was arms dealer you run across and get the 1911 from.

It's not my television, because I dug out my gaming headphones just to confirm. Nothing else sounds awful really, but the VA is sticking out like a sore thumb. I've tried restarting my Xbox and, idk. Is this something others are experiencing and I just have to suck it up?

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I'm playing on the 360 as well, but I don't really have this problem. I think maybe the game overall is a little quite when played through my TV, but through my headset it sounds fantastic. The dialogue is seems as loud and clear as it should be to me.

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By xxizzypop

@OneKillWonder_: Bummer. The music and most of the ambient world sounds great, but characters talking and actions performed just sound off in a way that's kind of off putting. Maybe it's just my copy? I don't know. I'll just roll with it I suppose.

fflyash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By fflyash

I've noticed something like this as well. The main character voices seem fine but the villagers sound like their voices are playing from a phone speaker. I'm playing on PC.

darkstorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By darkstorn

Yeah, the non-essential character voices are pretty crappy. I first noticed it from the general shopkeeper in Amanaki town.

EDIT: Playing on PC

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.