Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

ps3 version constantly screen tearing

gazcrawfo8692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gazcrawfo8692

hi guys was just wondering if anybody else is having screen tearing issues with their ps3 version of the game. The frame rate is solid from what ive played but my gosh it doesnt half screen tear, is it just an issue with my copy or is this just the norm for this game, thanks guys

MisterSims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MisterSims

I dunno about the ps3, but graphically the 360 version isnt much better. There are (slightly) better looking shadows on the 360, but you really gotta try to ignore the graphical jank if youre not playing on PC. Resolution and textures are pretty shit. I feel like aside from the colorful nature of the game, Far Cry 2 looked a wee bit better. Oh and im aware i didnt answer the question

gazcrawfo8692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gazcrawfo8692

i agree far cry 2 did look better an ran alot smoother aswell, does the 360 version suffer from screen tearing?

Avatar image for living4theday258
    living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By living4theday258

i have never seen screen tearing my brother will complain about it all the time but i dont see a bit of it...

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Justin258

I haven't played it on Xbox but the answer is "almost definitely".

You'd think that at some point someone would have said something along the lines of "Hey guys... maybe we should remove this grass here, lower the resolution of this texture here, lower the population of this town, or whatever to make this game work better...".

@living4theday258 said:

i have never seen screen tearing my brother will complain about it all the time but i dont see a bit of it...

I don't see how you can't see it.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By ProfessorEss

@gazcrawfo8692 said:

i agree far cry 2 did look better an ran alot smoother aswell, does the 360 version suffer from screen tearing?

I haven't played it but I'm assuming it does.

Screen-tearing is probably the single biggest reason I finally decided to call this generation of hardware done and moved to PC.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Humanity

@believer258: I think it's one of those things you don't notice until someone specifically points it out to you. For the longest time I never noticed screen tearing until I kept hearing about it, checked out some videos, now I always notice it although it doesn't bother me that much.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Justin258

@Humanity said:

@believer258: I think it's one of those things you don't notice until someone specifically points it out to you. For the longest time I never noticed screen tearing until I kept hearing about it, checked out some videos, now I always notice it although it doesn't bother me that much.

That may be so for most people, but I notice every last tear and it always bothers me, and I've always been able to see it. Even before I knew what it was called, I could see it.

I guess I'm just super-sensitive to it.

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Djratchet

Not really, but the frame rate CHUGS when cutscenes are happening. Also, non-main characters have really rough facial animations. Otherwise it is totally playable, and the game looks gorgeous, even with the lower specs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.