Service is not available

#1 Posted by Wampa1 (671 posts) -

When I start the game up and it tries to connect to the network I'm told the "Far Cry 3 Service is unavailable" and the game loads me into an empty environment. Anyone else having this issue?

#2 Posted by Funzzo (835 posts) -

Is the game out yet?

#3 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1853 posts) -

@Funzzo said:

Is the game out yet?

No. And that's probably the reason.

#4 Edited by emem (1968 posts) -
@Wampa1 said:

When I start the game up and it tries to connect to the network I'm told the "Far Cry 3 Service is unavailable" and the game loads me into an empty environment. Anyone else having this issue?

Go to the settings in Uplay and pick "Always start Uplay in Offline Mode". 

@Artemesia said:

@Funzzo said:

Is the game out yet?

It's out in Europe.
#5 Posted by MrCandleguy (822 posts) -

@emem: you're a life saver!!

@Artemesia said:

@Funzzo said:

Is the game out yet?

Also out in AUS/NZ. pretty much everywhere BUT 'merica

#6 Posted by Bones8677 (3243 posts) -

So is this like some kind of Always Online DRM?

#7 Posted by Wampa1 (671 posts) -

@Artemesia: It's out in the UK, but thank's for the assumption

@emem: @MrCandleguy: Thanks for the help, is this a widespread issue then? Hope Ubi fix it soon I'm wanting to try the co-op, once it is anyone fancy joining me? Be good to have some fellow GB'ers to play with.

#8 Posted by Dark (381 posts) -

widespread issue, put Uplay into offline mode, restart Uplay and it works fine. Something to do with a patch or something.

#9 Edited by Gravier251 (217 posts) -

I'm having the same problem and from what I can find online it is the same with everyone. I played some of it last night while the servers were up with no problems.

However today I can load back into the game but as soon as I enter the menu at all and it tries (and fails) to connect to the server then the game world is immediately replaced with a vast empty void and I am forced to quit out, losing all my progress.

I got the game early (yesterday) and was able to connect. However it is out today and I am unable to do so. Not sure if it is a form of always on DRM or if failing to connect just screws up the game somehow.

#10 Edited by ArtelinaRose (1853 posts) -

@Wampa1 said:

@Artemesia: It's out in the UK, but thank's for the assumption

Ubisoft Montreal, the developer, is located in North America so yeah, you're right. I assumed, and I'm kind of a dork for it. I'm also drunk, so I'll accept this loss.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.