So about that whole Ubisoft multiverse thing...

#1 Edited by xMrSunshine (360 posts) -

Remember when Jeff talked in the Quicklook how he wishes that this thing has something to do with the whole AC Animus project? Well suck on this screenshot from the very start of Lost Expeditions missions that was one of the pre-order/first run codes.

http://i.imgur.com/LzsqK.jpg and here's something to compare it to http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/files/2012/01/Animus.jpg

Welp. I've not finished the game so I don't know if it's going to be addressed and this is a picture from the first 10 seconds of the Lost Expeditions things that I've not finished either. This has the potential to be the CRAZIEST SHIT EVER.

#2 Posted by Bollard (5567 posts) -

Damn. I kinda want to know the end of this but... I might play the game sometime.

#3 Edited by BaneFireLord (2935 posts) -
This thread, page 3, more evidence. I really hope it goes beyond a mere Easter egg.
#4 Edited by ZoomyRamen (237 posts) -

TURNS OUT VAAS IS EZIO WHO IS RELIVING THE MEMORIES OF ALTIAR RELIVING THE MEMORIES OF JASON BRODY

#5 Edited by dungbootle (2458 posts) -

May the Father of Understanding guide us

#6 Posted by Wampa1 (674 posts) -

@dungbootle: Requiesta in pace.... MONEY MONEY MONEY! He must be very late, and she must be very beautiful. Just... had to get that out of my system.

#7 Posted by believer258 (11923 posts) -

If this turns out to be the an Assassin's Creed game, that will be either the greatest plot twist ever or the absolute worst. Or both. Either way, it will be amazing.

#8 Edited by MHumphreys89 (714 posts) -
AC III PC Manual
#9 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

@believer258: Yeah it would be way too hard to tell, but I would love it either way. Might not bode well for the series, but it'd be deliciously batshit insane.

#10 Posted by BaneFireLord (2935 posts) -
@Humphreys said:
I don't know what's going on with video games anymore.
#11 Edited by xMrSunshine (360 posts) -

@dungbootle: 122112. Get it? 12.21.12 so 21st of December 2012. Duuuuuuuuuude.

@Humphreys: Mine didn't even come with a manual like that. For me it's just the same picture of Vaas that's on the cover.

There's also a Portal reference and a Bioshock "Would you kindly" reference in there. All the MC's dialog in the two Lost Expedition missions is weird. talking about honey badgers (reference again?) etc.

These are all the screens I took during those missions. A bunch of Animus logos, some other weird graffiti that I don't recognize, Some Japanese on the walls etc.

http://imgur.com/a/50fBM#0

WHAT IS VIDEO GAME? I'll be so bummed if this is just some throwaway thing for these pre-order missions.

#12 Posted by yinstarrunner (1199 posts) -

Cool Easter Eggs.

#13 Posted by Syndrom (361 posts) -

either way i felt more like an assassin playing Far Cry 3 than i did in AC3.

But still man wouldn't like a crossover type of deal. I like FC3 alot more than the AC series

#14 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

@Syndrom said:

either way i felt more like an assassin playing Far Cry 3 than i did in AC3.

BOOM

#15 Posted by awesomeusername (4187 posts) -

@xMrSunshine: Wait. What store was offering this "pre-order DLC" missions? This is insane. I need this game now!

#16 Edited by xMrSunshine (360 posts) -

@awesomeusername: It's one of those borderline pre-order bonus things where the first run of the game has a code in the box. Like Borderlands 2 Premium club thing. If the game comes with the code it should have a little thing on the front that says "The Lost Expeditions edition" and "2 exclusive solo missions" underneath it. Dunno about any other ways to get these missions.

#17 Posted by awesomeusername (4187 posts) -

@xMrSunshine: Thanks for letting me know. Now I want this damn game even more then before. Hopefully they throw this on PSN as DLC. I would gladly pay whatever amount they ask for.

#18 Posted by SpaceRunaway (867 posts) -

@xMrSunshine:

I don't have the game, but I just wanted to point out that the Japanese is basically "Great Victory to the Japanese Army", and "Attack without Ceasing", the latter of which was used as a propaganda slogan during WWII.

#19 Posted by xMrSunshine (360 posts) -

@SpaceRunaway: Sweet, I was wondering what all of that meant. Too bad it's not something more cryptic.

#20 Edited by Itwastuesday (967 posts) -

i really hope they don't do this beyond an easter-egg, because the story in assassin's creed has grown bloated and hellllla stupid

#21 Posted by ShaggE (6459 posts) -

I wish we could agree as a people to never play the final mission of Far Cry 3, just so we can keep this dream alive.

#22 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

@Wampa1 said:

@dungbootle: Requiesta in pace.... MONEY MONEY MONEY! He must be very late, and she must be very beautiful. Just... had to get that out of my system.

It's ok man, I understand. It's O.K.

#23 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

Follow the money.

#24 Edited by Tennmuerti (8112 posts) -

Yep i posted some screenshots yesterday in another thread:

Keep in mind it is however from a side mission, a bonus side mission not in the standard game (i think it's collectors or preorder). That piece of info in the first image is as direct a reference as it gets. Aside from that there is no more resolution in that side mission.

So probably just a neat little crossover.

#25 Posted by Vigil80 (434 posts) -

I think there are few audience-screwing moves bigger than "it was all a dream." It might be funny for the GB guys to joke about, but if it actually ends up being the case, I think I'd be rather disgusted.

#26 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

@Vigil80 said:

I think there are few audience-screwing moves bigger than "it was all a dream." It might be funny for the GB guys to joke about, but if it actually ends up being the case, I think I'd be rather disgusted.

Links Awaking was all a dream, are you saying that game sucked?

#27 Posted by Eaxis (928 posts) -

Can't wait to play this game, I'm taking what Jeff said as the truth because It is.

#28 Posted by BisonHero (6544 posts) -
@Dagbiker

@Vigil80 said:

I think there are few audience-screwing moves bigger than "it was all a dream." It might be funny for the GB guys to joke about, but if it actually ends up being the case, I think I'd be rather disgusted.

Links Awaking was all a dream, are you saying that game sucked?

And the funny part was, LA didn't even save that until the end. The stones around the island that gave you hints/flavour text straight up tell you in a couple instances that the whole island is a dream.
#29 Posted by Ares42 (2677 posts) -

This is sort of a spoiler (and a bit of a stretch), but at a certain point Jason loses a certain finger. Probably just another nod though. (I have finished the game though, so....)

#30 Posted by Vigil80 (434 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

@Vigil80 said:

I think there are few audience-screwing moves bigger than "it was all a dream." It might be funny for the GB guys to joke about, but if it actually ends up being the case, I think I'd be rather disgusted.

Links Awaking was all a dream, are you saying that game sucked?

The short answer: I'm not a fan of the premise, no, nor of Link's Awakening in particular. But I don't play Zelda games for a gripping narrative.

But it's a tenuous comparison, anyway. Link's Awakening took place in the dream of a godlike entity, wherein Link battles for the creature's psyche. That's a little different from "these events were just in a character's mind and didn't really happen."

#31 Posted by AndrewB (7622 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

Links Awaking was all a dream, are you saying that game sucked?

The dreams of a psychedelic flying space whale with iron-plated flippers... fish/manifestation!

#32 Posted by PhantomGardener (464 posts) -

Also, I'm I the only one that have noticed the strange words in the loading screen? Or am I just thinking too hard about it?

And who is filling out Jason's handbook? Just look at the entires and how they are written, it certainly aint Jason himself. Again tho, I might be thinking about this to hard.

#33 Posted by ShaggE (6459 posts) -

@PhantomGardener said:

Also, I'm I the only one that have noticed the strange words in the loading screen? Or am I just thinking too hard about it?

And who is filling out Jason's handbook? Just look at the entires and how they are written, it certainly aint Jason himself. Again tho, I might be thinking about this to hard.

The loading screen words aren't exactly subtle. They just allude to the themes of the game, is all.

As for the handbook: Read the first entry you get.

#34 Posted by PhantomGardener (464 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

@PhantomGardener said:

Also, I'm I the only one that have noticed the strange words in the loading screen? Or am I just thinking too hard about it?

And who is filling out Jason's handbook? Just look at the entires and how they are written, it certainly aint Jason himself. Again tho, I might be thinking about this to hard.

The loading screen words aren't exactly subtle. They just allude to the themes of the game, is all.

As for the handbook: Read the first entry you get.

Well.. Now I feel stupid.

#35 Posted by ShaggE (6459 posts) -

@PhantomGardener said:

@ShaggE said:

@PhantomGardener said:

Also, I'm I the only one that have noticed the strange words in the loading screen? Or am I just thinking too hard about it?

And who is filling out Jason's handbook? Just look at the entires and how they are written, it certainly aint Jason himself. Again tho, I might be thinking about this to hard.

The loading screen words aren't exactly subtle. They just allude to the themes of the game, is all.

As for the handbook: Read the first entry you get.

Well.. Now I feel stupid.

No worries, I can't count how many times I've missed something that was obvious in hindsight.

#36 Posted by bombedyermom (231 posts) -

Abstergo symbols and Japanese. Next AC game is either in Feudal Japan (fuck yeah samurai!) or WWII Japan. Or both. Fuck, Ubisoft has more balls than brains, and I like that.

#37 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

I hope they are using all this to set up Just Dance 5.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.